Old 6th May 2014, 16:00   #2596

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

2 States - 2.5/5

Unimpressive acting by Arjun Kapoor especially the dialogue delivery. It felt a bit forced upon and artificial. As for Alia Bhatt, she was to portray a tambrahm girl but she remotely resembled one! I haven’t read the book so I can’t comment on the adaptation aspect but my fiancée says it didn’t. Ronit Roy’s acting was sheer brilliance! He seemed to be the lone guy who did justice to his role in the movie. If you’ve watched Udaan, you can relate to the experience. If you haven’t watched Udaan yet, please do! Revathi did her role quite well too.

After the movie, I was left wondering if Genelia could have been the ideal replacement for Alia, knowing how well she acted in Bommarillu and Santosh Subramaniam. Or even Asin! If the producers could have talked Aamir into taking up the role, it would have been awesome! He looks younger as the days pass by.
Old 26th May 2014, 17:54   #2597

Heropanti, remake of telugu film Parugu, is your usual masala entertainer. Tiger Shroff makes an impressive debut. His performance was good enough for a new comer. Prakash Raj enacts the same role which he did in the telugu version and this is his best role in a hindi movie so far. Kriti Sanon looks beautiful and did her role well. Director Sabbir Khan has managed to present the movie as a good entertainer. Overall, its a decent timepass movie.

My Rating- 7/10
Old 5th June 2014, 16:01   #2598

For the past two days, I've been watching what can only be termed as the crowning glory of Hindi cinema.
A movie that traverses the circle of gradation to cross over from the ultimately ridiculous,to the entertainer of the century, nay, millennium. Nay, universe(disconnected superlative, sorry).

Jaani dushman - ek anokhi kahani.

Anokhi is appropriate. It defines the word.
Can all of us who have had the privilege of having seen this, please raise our hands?
Old 5th June 2014, 16:58   #2599

Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Can all of us who have had the privilege of having seen this, please raise our hands?
Neither been there, never done that
But why are you torturing yourself so much? Punishing yourself for something that you felt bad about? Let it go, we are against capital punishment.

BTW, why watching since last 2 days? Not able to take it more than 10 minutes at a time?
Old 5th June 2014, 17:31   #2600

Its the snake movie with the big boss guy and Manisha Koirala right? Interesting choice to cover two days
Old 5th June 2014, 17:59   #2601

Its the snake movie with the big boss guy and Manisha Koirala right? Interesting choice to cover two days
No, I mean it!
It's SO bad, that's it's the best fun!
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

Neither been there, never done that
But why are you torturing yourself so much? Punishing yourself for something that you felt bad about? Let it go, we are against capital punishment.

BTW, why watching since last 2 days? Not able to take it more than 10 minutes at a time?
I've literally been rushing home from meetings, putting it on with a cuppa, and guffawing. So, two days.

Last edited by mayankk : 5th June 2014 at 18:25.
Old 6th June 2014, 16:25   #2602

Anyone suffered 'Purani jeans' lately? Good competition to Yaarian I guess.

1.5/5
Old 10th June 2014, 09:41   #2603

Watched "Holiday" over the weekend.
Akshay Kumar is great throughout the movie. Sonakshi also does her dumb heroine job very well.
The story is good however the actor who plays the villain role should have been more meaner and villanish. He has very boyish charms to play a villain and looks a very odd choice.

Overall its worth spending 2.5 hours
My rating 3.5/5
Old 10th June 2014, 12:45   #2604
Oxy

Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Watched "Holiday" over the weekend.
Akshay Kumar is great throughout the movie. Sonakshi also does her dumb heroine job very well.
The story is good however the actor who plays the villain role should have been more meaner and villanish. He has very boyish charms to play a villain and looks a very odd choice.

Overall its worth spending 2.5 hours
My rating 3.5/5
This is a remake of the Tamil movie Thuppakki, which is also directed by Murugadoss. I watched the original. The villian in that was perfect (Vidyut Jamwal, the one in the John Abraham movie Force).
Old 10th June 2014, 14:31   #2605

Oh man, I watched this movie in theatre first or second day day of its release. I am surprised to see that it took you more than a decade to find this gem. 5/5 rating from me!
Old 10th June 2014, 15:16   #2606

Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Oh man, I watched this movie in theatre first or second day day of its release. I am surprised to see that it took you more than a decade to find this gem. 5/5 rating from me!
I mean this move must have something going for it.. Zee Cinema seems to rerun it to eternity!

Or maybe because it was 'inspired' from a bunch of English movies including the Matrix..
Old 10th June 2014, 15:30   #2607

Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I mean this move must have something going for it.. Zee Cinema seems to rerun it to eternity!

Or maybe because it was 'inspired' from a bunch of English movies including the Matrix..
I think this is the best movie bollywood made

right from the first scene to the last scene, your jaw is open, and then it opens and opens till it becomes the size of a Bangalore Pothole
Old 10th June 2014, 16:16   #2608

For the past two days, I've been watching what can only be termed as the crowning glory of Hindi cinema.
A movie that traverses the circle of gradation to cross over from the ultimately ridiculous,to the entertainer of the century, nay, millennium. Nay, universe(disconnected superlative, sorry).

I have seen this movie long back while travelling in a bus i guess.

Waseem.
Old 10th June 2014, 16:24   #2609

I think this is the best movie bollywood made
In that case you have not heard of 'Gunda'. This movie takes all the oscars in the 'So bad its good' category. Comical dialogues, farcical plot, rock bottom production values and even lower moral standing (depiction of women), this movie has it all.
Old 10th June 2014, 17:56   #2610

Originally Posted by yosbert View Post

In that case you have not heard of 'Gunda'. This movie takes all the oscars in the 'So bad its good' category. Comical dialogues, farcical plot, rock bottom production values and even lower moral standing (depiction of women), this movie has it all.
Mera naam hai.....
Of course, gunda rules!
But it was expected from a mithun movie, more or less. Even today, if I remember the g9 theme in the morning, it's stuck in my head the whole day. That's mithun for you.
But this one, oh boy!!
It should be a cult movie as well!