Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2014, 01:24   #2626
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Watched D-Day. A very good movie. Its a 2013 release I think.

Everyone involved has played their part very well. But, somehow felt Huma Qureshi didn't fit the role, though she has acted well.

Would rate 4.5/5. A must watch.
Old 24th June 2014, 10:29   #2627
BHPian

Watched 2 movies last week.

Main Tera Hero: Honestly, did not expect a lot out of it, but it was a decent movie. Kind of a clean comedy, the ones Govida, Salman, Aamir (read: Anadaz Apna Apna, Coolie No 1 etc). Shades of the actors as well. I am not sure as to why the ladies were dressed in ultra shorts- was not necessary. The lead actor does a good job. Overall - Watchable 3/5.

Bhoothnath Returns
: AB roles back the years to give a brilliant performance as a Ghost standing in an election. Very very good. Must say I have enjoyed it more than most of the movies in recent times. There is a song somewhere in the middle .. 'Sahib' is just brilliant. Touches you to the core. There is another 'Dharawi Rap' which is wildly whacky! Must Watch - 4.5/5
Old 27th June 2014, 09:55   #2628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
May I recommend, for your viewing pleasure, another masterpiece?
Jimmy.
I saw it in a theatre on the second day. Despite pathetic reviews, I went, and was joined by 3 other people in the hall. Total five people watching it, on the second day.
Let me add to this list: Buddha Mar Gaya

The reason that I went for the movie was, I had nothing to do and none of the moves sounded promising. This one had Paresh Rawal & Anupam Kher - so might have been fun.
I including 4 others in the cinema hall endured this and came out rather dazed.
Old 27th June 2014, 10:48   #2629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Recently watched "Holiday" starring Akshay and Sonakshi Sinha which has a tamil version directed by same director
The movie is from brilliant director A. R. Murugadoss who also directed Ghajini both in Tamil and Hindi. BTW Tamil version of Holiday movie name was Thuppakki, Vijay was the lead actor there and movie was a superhit
Old 2nd July 2014, 11:45   #2630
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Himess Bhai's 'The Xpose' last week. The movie is surprising, considering the fact it is very much watchable, at least once! If not for anything else, for Himesh R in his new look. Look, we have our very own Rajnikanth of bollywood now. Since, these are the early days of our Rajnikanth, he cannot 'do' much as yet but you have to hear his dialogues to believe them. Amazing dialogues in this movie by HR.

My rating: 3/5 : Most of those points is due to the dialogues.
Old 2nd July 2014, 15:19   #2631
BHPian

Saw "ek Villan" Last weekend, songs are amazing specially banjaara, teri galliya , humdard & awari. The first half is good the second half is boring as being a thriller there's no suspense left in the movie such. I think the only suspense is that the heroin was suffering from which disease ? If anyone knows kindly let me know. My rating 2.5/5 mostly for the songs
Old 19th July 2014, 23:24   #2632
Senior - BHPian

Watched Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania last Sunday. The movie has some similarities to DDLJ but not entirely a cut-copy-paste job. Varun Dhawan does his job well enough and Alia Bhatt as usual is showing spontaneity with shades of Kareena Kapoor of Jab We Met. The father's role played by Ashutosh Rana is well enacted. Sidharth Shukla is more of a guest actor.

The humor is really good with no cheapness and has Varun with his friends Shonty and Poploo maintain it for the whole movie till the end. Going about the music, the movie has got some peppy dance numbers with good lyrics and a soulful track samjhawan which already has become popular with the people.

All in all a decent attempt by Shashank Khaitan and definitely worth a watch on a relaxed weekend.

Music: 1/1
Acting: 1/1
Comedy: 1/1
Direction: 1/1
Dialogues: 0.5/1

Overall: 4.5/5

Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 12:17   #2633
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya last night. I would say it was pretty average kind of movie. Varun Dhawan is now getting stereotyped in my opinion. That said, Main Tera Hero was a better watch than HSKD. As AD has said in the previous post, it is not an entire DDLJ rip off, in fact, comparisons are 'drawn' rather forcefully. If this intent was not there by the makers, probably it would have went unnoticed. The second half is slightly better than the first half.

All in all, an average watch to kill your evening if you have nothing much to do. My rating would be 2.5/5
Old 20th July 2014, 12:37   #2634
BHPian

I am not much into contemporary Bollywood movies but recently watched Lootera. It's available on Youtube and that too in HD.

The lead-pair (Sonakshi and Ranveer) lowered my expectations but I was eager to see what they can do while working with a brilliant director like Vikramaditya Motwane. I would say, I was pleasantly surprised especially by Sonakshi.

The movie is set in Zamindari era Bengal and then moves to Dalhousie of 1950s. Perhaps a big reason for me liking it is that a major part of the movie has been shot in Kalatop, one of my favourite spots for vacation in India. Even the music is fantastic. It's a slow, artistic movie so people that like fast paced stories might not appreciate it.

I was slightly disappointed to know that this movie flopped. We hear so many people complaint that they don't make such movies anymore, and when somebody made an attempt, nobody watched...
Old 26th July 2014, 01:44   #2635
BHPian

Watched 'Kick' today.

So, first of all, go for it only if you can watch movies leaving your brain back in the car in the parking lot. All those people who like to point out everytime a law of physics is broken please do not go.

I think, Salman's movie are becoming of the kind where it doesn't matter what storyline it is or how good the direction is. It is just the craze of bhai that makes his movie earn those 150+ crores.

Watch it for fun and just fun. No thinking, nothing doing. Although a no brainer, Salman doesn't fail to get a smile on one's face.I am not a Salman Khan fan, but I make a point to watch all his movies on the first day cuz I enjoy the crowd's whistles, claps and dialogues and it makes it a complete paisa-vasool experience :P

Won't rate it. If you love Salman, you will go for it no matter what and even if you don't you will still go for it, cuz you have no other choices(movies) left and you would want to see it once even if you'd regret your decision later

-Bhargav
Old 27th July 2014, 11:21   #2636
vdi
BHPian

I used to be a Salman fan but not anymore after hearing his comment on AR Rahman. Skipped Jai ho and now Kick !!!
Old 27th July 2014, 12:11   #2637
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
I used to be a Salman fan but not anymore after hearing his comment on AR Rahman. Skipped Jai ho and now Kick !!!
What did he say about AR Rahman ?
Old 27th July 2014, 12:49   #2638
vdi
BHPian

Old 27th July 2014, 12:57   #2639
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Kick yesterday and after the movie i kicked myself.

No story at all. This is a movie only for die hard Salman fans.
Old 27th July 2014, 12:58   #2640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
What did he say about AR Rahman ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post

Dude this was a joke!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks