Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2014, 11:31   #2656
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

I forgot another thing about Kick.
Who the hell decided to have a dance number with Nargis Fakhri?!
I would rather watch a crocodile trying to dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Can someone tell me what was Salman riding in the opening scene? Some modded e-rickshaw kind? Which bike was being used for that?
Suzuki Intruder 1800.
Edit: I think he rides the same model in Dubai, in Dabangg (or is it Dabangg 2?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
PS: Share our reviews of Jai Ho with 3 people and ask them to share it with 3 others, to avoid the world feeling pained after watching Jai Ho.
That was superfunny. I shared it on my FB wall, and on Whatsapp group too. Wish you had said that soon after the movie was released.

But I credited only Team BHP and not you, because I know two hardcore Salman fans who might be plotting to harm you right now
Old 7th August 2014, 11:36   #2657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Who the hell decided to have a dance number with Nargis Fakhri?!
Thats for the front row audience in single screen theatres.

I have been using one of the dialogues form the movie very often which goes like "Aap Devil ke peeche, Devil aapke peeche too much fun" with my version "Boss aapke peeche, aap Boss ke peeche, too much pain".
Old 8th August 2014, 19:56   #2658
Senior - BHPian

Folks! Went to watch "Entertainment" today. The star of the movie is actually the Dog. He has done great job and till the end the movie does not fail in entertaining you. Some scenes are really emotional (dog lovers can see and understand).

The comedy quotient is equally good with Johnny Lever, Krishna and the 2 comic villains Prakash Raj and Sonu Sood doing a good job. Mithun sir, Tamanna do their part well. As for Akshay, he is the same humorous fellow as we have seen him in Housefull, Hera Pheri et al.

Music of the movie is good and all the songs have an individual theme to them. The direction by Sajid-Farhad has been very good and their efforts definitely show on the screen.

Overall, A Dog is surely the most loyal and a honest companion for us humans. Entertainment shall keep you entertained till the end. Also, a must watch for dog lovers. This movie actually runs on 3 things "Entertainment", "Entertainment" and "Entertainment".

Rating is 4/5.

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 8th August 2014 at 20:00.
Old 9th August 2014, 00:28   #2659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Rating is 4/5.
Well, one of my school buddies is a hardcore brutal critric and this is what he had to say about the movie:

http://www.desimartini.com/reviews/a...6670md3166.htm

Nevertheless, I always keep abusing him for being a bad critic. For me, I would surely watch Entertainment, but at home, not at a multiplex.
Old 9th August 2014, 00:45   #2660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
For me, I would surely watch Entertainment, but at home, not at a multiplex.
To be honest, it's a film that should be seen as a weekend entertainer and frankly speaking it shall appeal to children and those who love dogs. It's not a masala or romantic-comedy. It's just about a cute golden retriever and how he proves to be a "genuine entertainer".

Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 00:45   #2661
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Folks! Went to watch "Entertainment" today. The star of the movie is actually the Dog. He has done great job and till the end the movie does not fail in entertaining you. Some scenes are really emotional (dog lovers can see and understand).

Rating is 4/5.

Thanks
Oh man! I barely survived the trailer.

Absolutely brainless stuff. Dog playing with cooling specs, giving electric shocks, dad considering marriage of his daughter with a dog! Won't watch it on the big screen even if the tickets came free.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th August 2014 at 01:13. Reason: Please quote selectively as a long quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 19:51   #2662
Senior - BHPian

Watched Its Entertainment. Stay away!!
Old 16th August 2014, 23:20   #2663
Senior - BHPian

Watching Singham 3.

Kareena Kapoors' overacting was killing the script initially, but then thankfully they've cut it down in the second half.
The -ve roles aren't as well written or even well played as before.
The story is the same cliché where they blame the govt for everything. Doesn't work for me.

Dunno why glorifying 'the power of media' and specifically Barkha Dutt was added, maybe doling out cash isn't sufficient that they also have to praise our dear news traders for publicity.

Also, mainly, comparatively much less adrenalin rush this time.

2/5
Old 17th August 2014, 11:44   #2664
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Watching Singham 3.
Wow, bought a time machine ?
Old 17th August 2014, 12:00   #2665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Wow, bought a time machine ?
haha Singham Returns*.

But, even by chance if they make good $$$, with this level IMO Singham 3 won't take long to make, story will be readily written, they'll shoot it in a week, edit it in another 2 weeks, and movie could be released in a month. lol
Old 17th August 2014, 19:25   #2666
Senior - BHPian

Singham Returns: Singham Returns released on August 15th 2014. Has a run-time of 142 minutes (2 hours 22 minutes).

Boom!, Bang! Bang! Bang! Boom! and before you know, Singham Returns and roars.

Singham (OEM) Vs Singham Returns

What I liked in Singham Returns:

* A whole new concept.

* Less number of songs compared to the 1st one.

* New additions to the cast (except Villains).

* Good directions as always expected from Rohit Shetty.

What I did not like:

* The missing of Jaikant Shikrey (Villain of 1st one)

* The good old Scorpio was missing.

* Negative characters are really weak.

Cast Retained from old installment:

* Ajay Devgn

* Govind Namdeo

* Inspector Phadnis (forgot real name)

Ajay Devgn has ably enacted his character of Bajirao and one can surely relate to him. Kareena Kapoor has done a decent job and quite a few comic scenes are worth a laugh. I liked the scene wherein Kareena beats up a reporter and secondly the scene wherein Daya "Door Breaker" Shetty breaks open the door. The bikers group also add to comedy but not significantly. On the comic front the movie still has some good scenes.

Daya Shetty has well enacted his part too and supports Ajay Devgn really well all through the movie. Mahesh Manjrekar too does a good job and enacts politicians character really good and same goes for Anupam Sir too (though his role is about 30 minutes long).

This time around Rohit Shetty has discounted on the music and songs and focused on the subject and story. Therefore, this movie has more impact than the 1st one. Ashvini Kalsekar's (reporter) character has streaks of Barkha Dutt but not a total replication of the reputed reporter in any manner. She too has been part of various films by Rohit Shetty in the past and this time too does her part well. Actually, she is the only prominent reporter shown in the movie.

Coming to music, this edition just has two-three songs unlike it's previous cousin out which one comes with the ending credits. Now, direction of Rohit Shetty has been always up to the mark but this time the Villains (Amol Gupte and Zakir Hussain) have been really disappointing. What Prakash Raj did in the 1st film is still the benchmark for this installment.

Cars and Rohit Shetty have a old and long relation. This time there has been liberal use of Tata cars right from Nano to Safari Storme and the Xenon too. However there are camouflaged Boleros too with one Ford Endeavor(old model). The action sequences have been well shot and overall the movie is really decent.

Rating: 3.5/5 and definitely watchable.

Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 23:12   #2667
BHPian

Watched Filmistaan the other day and the movie was surprisingly pretty good! Great characters and acting and some really funny scenes. The storyline is simple and I am sure the many will holes in the plots or the logic but it just works as a whole.

Rating 4/5 Something I can definitely watch again.
Old 5th September 2014, 21:32   #2668
BHPian

Hello guys.!!
Mary Kom reviews please. Is it worth our 122 minutes? And no I'm not a PC fan either. :-P
Old 5th September 2014, 21:46   #2669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Watching Singham 3.

2/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Oh man! I barely survived the trailer.

Absolutely brainless stuff.
Lol - completely agree with you guys! Absolutely brainless stuff!

Wonder how these movies make 200/300 crore numbers in revenue?!!!

Quote:
To be honest, it's a film that should be seen as a weekend entertainer and frankly speaking it shall appeal to children and those who love dogs.
No sir - I love dogs, have (had) a few, but this was torture.

Quote:
Rating: 3.5/5 and definitely watchable.

Thanks
You sir, just answered my Q above

Well, everyone to his preferences!
Old 7th September 2014, 23:46   #2670
Senior - BHPian

Went to watch Mardaani today afternoon. Totally a 1 (wo)man show I must say. After marriage, this is Rani Mukherjee's 1st movie and she has simply done an outstanding job right from the word go.

The movie is about Drug trafficking and girls trafficking. The story is really crisp and not even for a moment can the audience feel bored. The censor board had been really kind to pass the movie with cuss words and some scenes not suitable for below 18 group.

Talking about the negative characters i.e Villain of the movie, Tahir R Bhasin, has done great job by being ruthless. One of the best villain for the year. Overall, it is yet another women empowerment based movie which reminded me of some of the initial movies done by Rani Mukherjee when she came in Bollywood.

There are no pointless songs and just before end credits there is one song that appears as the anthem of the movie. It's a movie with a message and a tight slap on the face of those who don't know how to respect the women.

Its a must watch. But a small advise, try and avoid children below 18 years.

Rating: 4.5/5

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 7th September 2014 at 23:48. Reason: 1 typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks