Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2014, 17:47   #2686
Senior - BHPian

Bang bang is actually bang bang in whole movie. I really Enjoyed. This has to be one of the best action movies of bollywood. The production values are superb.

First half was really good. Second half was a bit dragged in the end. After watching a Katrina movie I always think she can't look better than this and with the next movie she proves me wrong. She looks stunningly beautiful! Hritik is awesome and his 8 packs are amply displayed in entire movie.

It's much better than Knight and day and one can only enjoy in a hall. I guess someone who hasn't scene the English one will have more fun.
Rating- 4/5
Old 3rd October 2014, 07:55   #2687
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Watched Haider. A powerful movie - a story of revenge marked with an objective portrayal of the struggles of normal people in Kashmir. Excellent acting by Tabu, Kay Kay Menon and Shahid Kapoor. And not to forget the excellent background score. Slightly heavy on violence though.

Definitely a must watch.
Old 3rd October 2014, 08:20   #2688
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Bang Bang yesterday. Either it was the bad screenplay or too much pre launch hype but I was left disappointed. Ranveer Singh's dare was much more interesting than the whole movie.
Only good thing about the movie was the songs.

Rating: 2/5
Old 3rd October 2014, 14:05   #2689
BHPian

Bang Bang - extremely noisy and no sense. Watch only if you like idiotic storyline, loud harsh sound as music & unbelievable heroics action.
Old 3rd October 2014, 18:37   #2690
Distinguished - BHPian

One interesting thing about Bang Bang was the showcase by Volvo. Interesting to see there marketing strategy even if the car was covered for a very small duration of time. Hope this is not considered as a spoiler as it has no relevance to the storyline.
Old 3rd October 2014, 19:44   #2691
BHPian

Watched Haider yesterday. Great direction by Vishal Bharadwaj shedding light on the Kashmir issue employing Hamlet's premise. All the actors have done a great job especially Shahid Kapoor and Kay Kay, Irrfan Khan as always is absolutely brilliant even in a small role.
Personally found Tabu's character irritating and overwrought but overall a beautifully crafted film.
Rating-4/5
Old 4th October 2014, 03:43   #2692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdarshi.pali View Post
Bang Bang - extremely noisy and no sense.
The first time i read this comment i read it as "extremely noisy and no SCENES"

Maddy
Old 4th October 2014, 13:45   #2693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Watched Haider yesterday. Great direction by Vishal Bharadwaj shedding light on the Kashmir issue employing Hamlet's premise. All the actors have done a great job especially Shahid Kapoor and Kay Kay, Irrfan Khan as always is absolutely brilliant even in a small role.
Personally found Tabu's character irritating and overwrought but overall a beautifully crafted film.
Rating-4/5
Is it worth watching with parents?
Old 4th October 2014, 14:41   #2694
Senior - BHPian

Bang Bang - Go and watch if you have a sadistic streak and enjoy watching Bollywood make an absolutely idiotic remake of an already Bollywoodised Knight & Day !
Old 4th October 2014, 14:48   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Is it worth watching with parents?
The film has quite a bit of violence and touches upon Oedipal complex. Otherwise it is well written and shot with humorous bits, it is not the usual family drama or rom-com. I think it all depends on what you and your parents are comfortable watching.
Old 5th October 2014, 20:22   #2696
Distinguished - BHPian

Bang bang.

I liked it.
True, it's copied like they were board exam buddies, but it's one sophisticated copy.
Dhoomish stunts, but getting there on levels of realism for Bollywood.
The majority of the junta will not be from the cross section who've watched both, and they will enjoy it.

If for nothing else, hrithik roshan's dance is worth the money spent.

3/5
Old 6th October 2014, 11:20   #2697
BHPian

Saw Bang Bang this weekend. Liked the movie - typical bollywoodish. Its a fast movie with plenty of action and stunts. Not recommended for people who would like to apply logic to everything or like realistic movies.

It is a copy of Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz's Knight and Day.

IMHO it could have been reduced by 10 minutes in the end. The final chase seemed to be a bit dragged.

All in all - one time watch for those who like larger than life locations, stunts, songs, glamour.
Old 6th October 2014, 11:56   #2698
BHPian

Haider:

I usually avoid the masala genre of films made by directors like Karan Johar, Rohit Shetty, Farah & Sajid Khan types.. And so I was looking forward to seeing some good cinema and after reading positive review about Haider, saw it yesterday. And it turned out to be such a bore fest! The locales are all good but the character development and screen play is just weird and odd at places.

Tabu was plain irritating to watch. Shahid and the others have put in sincere efforts but the director simply went off the track!

Highly disappointed. I still don't understand how all the critics rated the film so high.

My Rating - 2 / 5

Last edited by trek : 6th October 2014 at 12:09.
Old 6th October 2014, 12:46   #2699
Distinguished - BHPian

Bang Bang

Most brainless movie that I ever saw in recent times. I think our Bollywood directors compete with each other to make a stylised action movie that is worse than the last one made.

There is practically no script and from where it begins to last 15 mins there is absolutely no connection and then you realize. Ah! thats why Hrithik does what he does.

+ points
Beautiful Locations
Some fight scenes picturized rather nicely
Dancing and some songs are worth humming to

Some of the action scenes made me cringe. Even video games have more realistic scenes than Bang Bang ( Listing a few over the top and mistakes made by directors in terms of goof-ups just for fun's sake)
Zero Chemistry between Kat and Hrithik even though atleast 20 mins of the movie was spent on close ups of both looking deep into each other's eyes
Movie is so long it seems to go one forever
Stupid pyrotechnics
Katrina now looks exactly same in each movie. Same expression, same pout and same acting (if there is any)
Hrithik looks little too beefy for my taste of a good body. I mean is getting into body building or acting in a movie? 20 packs, veins popping out, scars on arms. Urgh!
A powerful star like Danny Denzopa was wasted in this movie

Here is the list of over things that I didnt like/over-top action scenes/goof-ups. These are hopefully not spoilers but, my idea of stupidity in the name of movie making

1. Kat drives from home for a date in Shimla and there is full snow covered everywhere but, at hotel and subsequent action scenes, zilch snow

2. Hrithik is in white baniyan fighting folks in jungle and next moment he emerges from the water with guys blazing wearing black vest & powered shoes (whatever they are called) and this part almost made me laugh, jump in and out of water and tick off people with his guns

3. Guns and Machine guys are made available like it was peanuts on street

4. Blatant advertisment of Mountain Dew and Volvo

5. A small town shimla girl who never stepped out of simla (her own confession) overnight wakes up in Prague ( Schenzen visa not required for her?)

6. Chasing the goons and he doesnt have a car. He finds an F1 car being unloaded from a truck ( isnt it so common to find such a thing happening on streets..LOL) and he jumps into one and chases the goons...whatever happened to years of training for F1 drivers?

Above are just a few from top of my mind. Well, its easy to say that dont put mind and go watch a movie. I enjoy masala movies but like my movies to entertain me without treating me as some total nerd.

I liked Dawaat E Ishq ten times more than this movie which was low on style, locations, star power etc.

Anyways, I reckon to each his own. I regretted watching this movie and contribute to their 125 crore in 3 day phenomena

1/5 ( Just for the locations and some songs)

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th October 2014 at 15:45. Reason: just recalled the F1 thing :)
Old 7th October 2014, 18:37   #2700
Senior - BHPian

Saw Haider yesterday with my parents. Movie is well directed and acted. Maybe Shahids best performance till date. My dad didn't liked it. He enjoyed more in bang bang. Mom liked it but didn't liked the ending. Same with me. I felt they should have given more space to issues in Kashmir rather than putting all emphasis on relationship between tabu and menon and revenge by Shahid. Kudos to Vishal for capturing beauty of Kashmir. Also, Irrfan Khan deserved more screen time. He is such a powerhouse of talent.
This is the kind of movie I won't watch ever again. It's depressing.

Rating - 4/5

Most Viewed