Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2014, 11:36   #2701
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Watched Haider yesterday. Great direction by Vishal Bharadwaj shedding light on the Kashmir issue employing Hamlet's premise. All the actors have done a great job especially Shahid Kapoor and Kay Kay, Irrfan Khan as always is absolutely brilliant even in a small role.
Personally found Tabu's character irritating and overwrought but overall a beautifully crafted film.
Rating-4/5
I agree completely.

I never expected Shahid to deliver such an intense performance, Kudos to Vishal Bharadwaj for Hamlet's intense adoption and showing the magnifique Kashmir.

The film is a little dark, but I would definitely watch it again in theatres.
Old 19th October 2014, 11:15   #2702
Team-BHP Support

Haider - 4/5

Dark, gripping storyline, amazing background score and cinematography and excellent performances by Tabu and Shahid. Felt it to be a bit lengthy and dragged at times but otherwise a good movie worth a watch.
Old 26th October 2014, 18:24   #2703
BHPian

Watched Happy New Year. Does not have much of a story and as expected does not employ any sensibility in the movie. But, it is better than some of the mindless crap that gets thrown around nowadays. It has some humorous scenes and one thing to note is the way the whole movie is shot. The film is a spectacle and the special effects are world class, the film feels really long during some sequences.
Rating-2/5
Old 27th October 2014, 11:22   #2704
BHPian

Saw Happy New Year - 2/5

Typical Farah Khan flop. But it does have some really hilarious scenes. I would rate it as a comedy movie with a story line that's easily predictable. Worth a watch, but avoid spending over it.
Old 27th October 2014, 12:44   #2705
Senior - BHPian

When Bang Bang was about to be released, Knight and Day was being telecast on TV night and day Not sure if it was intentional !

Watched Haider and really liked it. It follows Hamlet very closely and shouldn't have been difficult to come up with the storyline. Nothing very creative in that aspect. But adapting to the Kashmir is very good. On a lighter note, not sure why Army Officers were shown as South Indian!
Old 3rd November 2014, 14:55   #2706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Watched Happy New Year. Does not have much of a story and as expected does not employ any sensibility in the movie. But, it is better than some of the mindless crap that gets thrown around nowadays. It has some humorous scenes and one thing to note is the way the whole movie is shot. The film is a spectacle and the special effects are world class, the film feels really long during some sequences.
Rating-2/5
Watched HNY yesterday.

Completely agree with marauder's opinion.

Rating-3/5.
Old 7th November 2014, 17:03   #2707
BHPian

Saw Roar : Tigers of the Sunderbans day before yesterday.

The effects were amazing and world class. Story is not impressive but the movie is very fast paced. No unnecessary love drama, songs, nothing. Good to see for people who like "Hunters getting hunted" kind of movies. Something on the lines of anaconda but with Tigers in it.

I feel if this movie would have been in 3 D, it could have gone on another level.

Watchable - Only for those who like forest views and people who do not place a lot of logic in everything.

Rating : 2.5/5
Old 10th November 2014, 10:27   #2708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
Saw Roar : Tigers of the Sunderbans day before yesterday.
This is one of the movies that I want to see. I love wild life themed movies.
Thanks for the quick review !!
HNY, Bang Bang can wait.
Old 10th November 2014, 13:01   #2709
BHPian

Any reviews on shaukeens. How good is this movie or is this another happy new year type movie.

-Sajan
Old 19th November 2014, 15:02   #2710
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Kill Dil"

This movie though directed by Shaad Ali reminded me of Sanjay Gupta who was known for his no substance but highly stylished movies

This movie also falls in same genre. A story revolving around 2 sharpshooters who kill for fun and money and is sheltered by a chubby (Govinda) and sweet looking mafia boss

One of the sharpshooter falls in love and decides to change his lifestyle and the hurdles he faces is gist of this story

This movie belongs to Ranveer. This guy is a bundle of energy and can enjoy a role to the hilt, totally love this actor.

Ali Zafar has a beautiful voice and his dailogue diction is very nice

I like Parineeta Chopra and she didnt disappoint in this movie too
Govinda was not suitable for his role and was unconvincing and far from menacing that his role demanded

Overall, it felt like the guns had more role to play than actors ( too many guns share screen space) but, it was a slick, neat movie (with no story and far from logic)

It was a nice timepass watch

3/5

P.S: Not to mention a lovely bullet being ridden by the main protagonists was equally a highlight
Old 11th December 2014, 23:01   #2711
Senior - BHPian

Watched a bunch of movies in the last few weeks/months but couldn't post a review, here I go -

Khoobsurat - Another attempt to revive Sonam's career, this movie is made by Kapoors for a Kapoor to be watched (preferably) by the Kapoors. Total injustice to the original which was a light hearted, fun & entertaining movie.

1/5

Bang Bang - I never imagined that a Bollywood remake of a Hollywood movie would be better than the original

Both the films lacked any story but this one is worth watching for the lead cast, songs & action sequences.

3/5

Kill Dil Shaad Ali continues to make non sense movies (Byunty or Babli, Jhoom Barabar jhoom) where the characters live in their own wonderland. Having said that, some dialogs are really funny & its Ranvir who shines again & carries the movie on his shoulders.

Not sure why it has so many inspirations from Sholay & the likes.

2.5/5

Happy Ending - Saif plays another commitment phobic, happy go lucky guy that he is very good at playing (Salaam Namaste, Love Aaj Kal, Cocktail). Pretty much on expectation, nice light hearted movie with some funny dialogs & overall good storyline. Nothing outstanding but you feel fresh after watching the movie even if some scenes are cliched.

Govinda makes a nice guest appearance, seems like he is now serious about his 2nd innings as he looks fitter in both this movie & Kill Dill.

3.5/5

Ungli Now this movie turned out to be much better than what i expected. Don't go by the posters or the lead cast, the movie has great theme & a different storyline. The overall casting is spot on. A must watch IMHO.

4.5/5

Action Jackson This movie starts on expected cliched lines & just about the time that you would think to skip the movie altogether it introduces a twist in the plot which is interesting but nothing to feel good about the overall movie. The naration is poor even if the plot is good. Some funny scenes & dialog but average overall.

2.5/5
Old 19th December 2014, 11:59   #2712
Team-BHP Support

PK - 5/5

Absolutely enjoyed the movie. Hilarious, yet thought provoking. And all the actors have done a good job- specially Aamir with his acting, and Anushka with her inherent charm.

Defenitely recommended.
Old 19th December 2014, 12:51   #2713
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
PK - 5/5

Absolutely enjoyed the movie. Hilarious, yet thought provoking. And all the actors have done a good job- specially Aamir with his acting, and Anushka with her inherent charm.

Defenitely recommended.
So Raju Hirani strikes again

Expectations are high for this movie, specially after 3 Idiots and the Munnabhai series from the same director.

Need to watch this one soon.
Old 19th December 2014, 12:57   #2714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
PK - 5/5

Defenitely recommended.
Can I take my 9 year old daughter to the movie? I am planning on going over the weekend.
Old 19th December 2014, 14:03   #2715
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
So Raju Hirani strikes again

Expectations are high for this movie, specially after 3 Idiots and the Munnabhai series from the same director.

Need to watch this one soon.
I think this one would make good money as well. People were clapping while walking out of the theatre. That's good enough for a first day, first show response, I guess- for a movie that created such a hype around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Can I take my 9 year old daughter to the movie? I am planning on going over the weekend.
Let's see- There is one casual lip lock scene, a shirtless scene for Aamir and the scene from the promo that went viral. However, I don't think there is anything obscene here that would disturb a kid. The film was a laugh riot and questions our blind faith in religions (all religions) from a view point of an outsider. Kids should enjoy Aamir's acting and ofcourse - the comedy.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th December 2014 at 14:05.

Most Viewed