Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2014, 12:03   #2731
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

UGLY - Went in with very high expectations, but came out with mixed feelings. The movie starts really well, but I could sense what was coming next and the end.

3/5
Old 2nd January 2015, 03:43   #2732
Senior - BHPian

Saw PK the other day. I dont know what the fuss is all about on the internet about this movie. It is an excellent film that tries to send a message.
For a change, the songs were not dropped into the movie at random points. From the trailers, I thought I will soon get sick of Aamir's wide eyed expressions but I guess I was more focussed on laughing my head off at the dialogs.

A must watch for sure!
Old 2nd January 2015, 07:05   #2733
BHPian

Ugly - Anurag Kashyap delivers possibly one of the darkest movies made in India. It is intense, gripping and dark like none other. It makes Black Friday look like a Disney movie.
You kept guessing throughout the movie as to what has happened but the end absolutely shatters them all. An UGLY reminder of the times we live in.
Don't go with your girlfriend.

My rating: 9/10
Old 2nd January 2015, 10:36   #2734
Senior - BHPian

Watched Bang Bang (too late...I know) on TV yesterday. Movie is good, if not the best.

I am totally impressed by Hritik ! He steals the show with his stunning looks, amazing dancing skills and overall exquisite styling. It happens very rarely in Indian films that you tend to ignore the female lead, even Katrina, when the male lead is in the frame. That's what happened with me, when Hritik and Katrina were in the same frame, I hardly looked at Katrina. Heck, I don't even remember her dialogues in the movie.

Same thing had happened with DHOOM-2. If Hritik had not been in that movie, it would have been a lame movie.

IMHO, If there was ever any Indian actor who could play James Bond, it would be Hritik.

P.S.: I am a "straight" person.
Old 3rd January 2015, 19:51   #2735
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Queen' this afternoon. A very powerful and inspiring message conveyed through the movie. Never let any one reject you
Old 3rd January 2015, 20:06   #2736
Team-BHP Support

Watched Mardaani. It's a good one time watch. 3.5 stars
Old 4th January 2015, 08:42   #2737
Team-BHP Support

PK - 5/5

That was a laugh riot! His Bhojpuri slang had us in splits.

Anushka Sharma with her new hairdo looked so damn cute! Good storyline.

Will watch Ugly shortly.
Old 4th January 2015, 08:55   #2738
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
P.S.: I am a "straight" person.

But yes- he certainly has good screen presence. Like you said- Dhoom2 had the same effect even with Ash trying a size zero stunt. The scene where they both play basketball, I'm sure everyone would have been watching Hrithik more than her. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara is another example where I felt that Katrina was no match for him.

If only he could act a bit better!
Old 4th January 2015, 09:09   #2739
BHPian

PK: finally watched this and couldn't figure out what the protests are for.
Brilliant storyline, Aamir does a damn good job and his Bhojpuri accent had me laughing all the while. A powerful message delivered by a simple storyline.
Found the look of Anushka (is that a lip job) slightly odd but she does a good job too.
Loved it. 8.5/10 for me.
Old 4th January 2015, 20:14   #2740
Team-BHP Support

Ugly - 4/5

Dark and gripping storyline. Ronit Roy as always delivers - this man has a lot of potential. Instead of acting on crappy Hindi serials, good directors should cast him instead. The ending left me shocked!

Plenty of Hindi expletives throughout. Viewer discretion is advised!
Old 5th January 2015, 12:24   #2741
Senior - BHPian

Caught up with PK last weekend. This is the least impactful movie of all Hirani movies. I think Om My God (2012) has taken the wind out of PK. Otherwise it would have been a cult movie. Like other Hirani movies, the background score is loud. But still is well made and all actors have done well. For me the weakest link is the Anushka Sharma. She does her job but has spoiled her looks. I have doubts about her future in the industry.
Rating: 3.5/5
Old 5th January 2015, 14:16   #2742
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Ugly - 4/5
Agree Ronit Roy is becoming increasingly popular with his style of acting and he is slowly but, steadily developing a charisma which is little lesser than Big B in terms of dressing, dailogue delivery and overall personality

I find it amusing to see people going ga-ga over PK which is simply a mediocre movie which in my opinion can even be given a miss is raking in the millions and brilliant film like Ugly doesnt even get the basic publicity and audience into the theatre and must solely rely on word of mouth publicity. Sad !

Iam a big fan of "Crime Patrol" series on Sony TV and this movie is somewhat like that popular tv series. Its an excellent police-crime caper that can keep you guessing throughout the movie and backed by some excellent acting by almost every character in the movie with special mention to the following in sequential order

1. Girish Kulkarni
2. Ronit Roy
3. Vinay Kumar Singh
4. Rahul Bhat

There is one scene that requires a special mention and for me is the highlight of the movie where Girish (Cop) is questioning Vinay and Rahul who come into file a report of their missing child. Such a serious scene is turned into an amazingly hilarious one (for audience and not for pratogonists) made me wonder if Anurag Kashyap drew inspiration from Quentin Tarantino as he is a master of meaningless conversations in a movie that somehow becomes the heart of the movie

Give PK a miss and MUST WATCH this movie!!!

4.5/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th January 2015 at 14:18.
Old 5th January 2015, 14:30   #2743
Senior - BHPian

Watched PK after all these hue and cries and not sure why all these fuss. The movie itself was pretty lame and weak and was unable to connect with the story. There were few funny moments here and there but I kinda found the whole story and execution a bit too childish. Yes, the message is good and all(but most movies come with some kind of message anyway) but nothing new. IMHO, Oh My God was a much better movie on the same issue, in terms of a strong story or execution. PK was more of hype, some slapstick comedy and a very mediocre storyline.
2.5/5
Old 5th January 2015, 14:37   #2744
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

There is one scene that requires a special mention and for me is the highlight of the movie where Girish (Cop) is questioning Vinay and Rahul who come into file a report of their missing child. Such a serious scene is turned into an amazingly hilarious one (for audience and not for pratogonists) made me wonder if Anurag Kashyap drew inspiration from Quentin Tarantino as he is a master of meaningless conversations in a movie that somehow becomes the heart of the movie
This was the best scene in the movie

And this scene set such high expectations from the movie, that it ended up disappointing me a li'l bit. Maybe that was because I could guess the climax much before it was revealed.
Old 5th January 2015, 14:49   #2745
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is one scene that requires a special mention and for me is the highlight of the movie where Girish (Cop) is questioning Vinay and Rahul who come into file a report of their missing child.
That was one hell of a sequence!

I kind of missed Nawazuddin Siddiqui from the cast. He could have fit in somewhere.

Quote:
made me wonder if Anurag Kashyap drew inspiration from Quentin Tarantino
Now that you mentioned it: There Are 10 Reasons Why Anurag Kashyap Should Be Called The Indian Tarantino

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks