Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 13:30   #2866
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
Air Lift

Will rate 4 out of 5, highly recommended.
Am not much of a Hindi film buff, but I was pleasantly surprised by Air Lift. Acting by everyone including those who played the couple from Kerala and the Iraqis was spot on and it seems to have been shot in the Middle East. The end was a bit too melodramatic for my taste, but I agree with your rating.
Old 28th January 2016, 15:06   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Airlift is awesome movie and must watch.
At the same time Kya Kool Hain Hum 3 is a classic piece of s@#t and I challenge anyone to sit for even 20-30 mins and tolerate this movie.
Old 28th January 2016, 16:22   #2868
Distinguished - BHPian

I was disappointed with the movie ' airlift'. It was too slow and predictive for me with no real connection felt with the on screen actors. Why the sudden change in the main character's attitude, the ease with which they were able to transport 1.5L people so easily across the border and so many more questions left unanswered.

I honestly had thought of something like ARGO but this turned out be too slow and boring for me taste. Personally I failed to even connect at a patriotic level with the story.
Old 28th January 2016, 16:34   #2869
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Filmistaan

Has anyone even seen this? There are some gems that get lost in the money minded bollywood and this is one of them.

Rating: 4 out of 5. Must Watch
Filmistaan is a gem. An absolute gem ! I saw it last month but forgot to put in a review.

Did you notice that after the first five minutes, there is no female character in the movie ?

All the actors are brilliant. I've never seen anyone of them on screen before so fancy getting such a talented newie cast together.

My rating for Filmistaan = 4.5 stars
Old 28th January 2016, 19:48   #2870
Team-BHP Support

Watched Filmistaan a while ago on TV. Absolute cracker, makes one realize the kind of bull-crap Bollywood sells us for a king's ransom while gems like these sink without a trace.

Absolutely worth a watch
Old 29th January 2016, 14:02   #2871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Watched Filmistaan a while ago on TV. Absolute cracker, makes one realize the kind of bull-crap Bollywood sells us for a king's ransom while gems like these sink without a trace.

Absolutely worth a watch
I watched it too on TV. The story is simple and the actors are superb.
Post watching I came to know it won the National Award in 2012. And it deserves it.
Last year, Manjhi was the best hindi movie to come out of bollywood. But it did not get any filmfare awards. It is a pity how such movies are not considered for awards. Hopefully it gets the national award this year.
Old 31st January 2016, 10:45   #2872
BHPian

Filmistan is great watch - so is Ankhon Dekhi..

Irony of filmistan is its about mainstream films None the a great watch.

Filmfare is a farce fare..
Old 31st January 2016, 12:36   #2873
Senior - BHPian

Aankhon Dekhi, Filmistan and Masaan have won the awards and are much talked about movies. There are many more that have not won but are equally good.

I watched Titli, Jal, Gafla, Raghu Romeo, etc. recently and liked all of them and all of them had some really good performances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_hc View Post
Filmistan is great watch - so is Ankhon Dekhi..
Irony of filmistan is its about mainstream films None the a great watch.
Filmfare is a farce fare..
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:14   #2874
Distinguished - BHPian

Neerja.
SO may reviews, so many accolades, but the film is not good.
An uninspired telling of a brilliant tale of bravery. Slow telling.
Sonam kapoor doesnt look as fake as usual, but that brings to the fore the deadpan "acting". With anyone else, and bit more engaging screenplay, could have been right up there.
2/5
Old 25th March 2016, 23:16   #2875
Senior - BHPian

Rocky Handsome can be watched for some well executed action scenes. Dont expect anything more!
Old 26th March 2016, 06:21   #2876
BHPian

Kapoor & Sons
What a disaster of a movie. Had expected a Dil Dhadakne Do but this one did turned out to be a massive Heart Attack
Rating 2/5
Old 27th March 2016, 11:40   #2877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Kapoor & Sons
What a disaster of a movie. Had expected a Dil Dhadakne Do but this one did turned out to be a massive Heart Attack
Rating 2/5
+1

Kapoor & Sons

It has a unique directing style. I mean people normally speak a dialogue and then other person waits for his turn to speak up. Here in this movie, everyone in the family ( Husband, Wife and 2 Sons) all keep talking at the same time. Result : It's a bloody noisy movie

Supposed to be a family drama. Members of family are angry with each other for no reason. Everyone has some problem with other but, without any strong reason. Looked absolutely fake and over-dramatic

Normally I like Alia Bhatt but, she couldn't save this movie and actually acted miserably in this one

Only saving grace was Fawad Khan. That guy is one handsome fella and amazing voice and diction. Siddharth Kapoor just paled in comparison and looked like a gawky awkward teenager

Watch it only for Fawad Khan

2/5
Old 28th March 2016, 22:57   #2878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
+1

Kapoor & Sons

It has a unique directing style. I mean people normally speak a dialogue and then other person waits for his turn to speak up. Here in this movie, everyone in the family ( Husband, Wife and 2 Sons) all keep talking at the same time. Result : It's a bloody noisy movie

Supposed to be a family drama. Members of family are angry with each other for no reason. Everyone has some problem with other but, without any strong reason. Looked absolutely fake and over-dramatic

Normally I like Alia Bhatt but, she couldn't save this movie and actually acted miserably in this one

Only saving grace was Fawad Khan. That guy is one handsome fella and amazing voice and diction. Siddharth Kapoor just paled in comparison and looked like a gawky awkward teenager

Watch it only for Fawad Khan

2/5
What about Rishi Kapoor? For me, he was the star of the movie. He did an excellent job in the limited screen time he had.

Rajat Kapoor and Ratna Pathak were their natural best.

The three young actors were below average.
Old 29th March 2016, 02:01   #2879
Senior - BHPian

Rocky Handsome - One time watch - 3.5/5

John has a good presence. His serious angry looks are good. He does too good hand to hand combats in a lot of action scenes.
The little girl is cute and acts well.

Storyline is not very clear in the first half. Ending was a little abrupt and quick.

One time watch for John's actions, emotions between the lil girl and John, and for the awesome hand to hand combat scenes.
Old 29th March 2016, 08:45   #2880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
What about Rishi Kapoor? For me, he was the star of the movie. He did an excellent job in the limited screen time he had.
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention him. He was superb (as usual) and did stand out in his short role. However, his make-up was rather over the top and ugly

Quote:
Rajat Kapoor and Ratna Pathak were their natural best.
Both are very good actors and they always deliver. So nothing new!

Quote:
The three young actors were below average.
Fawad Khan stood out amongst these 3 actors

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks