Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2016, 16:59   #2896
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I think Salman's craze is unparalleled at the moment. Otherwise, a movie like Sultan won't be breaking all box office records.
I may be speaking out of turn here.

What hurts me is that the guy got away without an apology after the awful "rape" comment. Not one Salman fan I know even thought of boycotting the movie.

Disclaimer- I am not a movie buff. May be that's why I can't relate to the attraction of watching a movie immediately after the release.

Last edited by freedom : 12th July 2016 at 17:01.
Old 20th August 2016, 08:01   #2897
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Rustom"

Based on true story of Indian Navy Commodore Nanavati !!!

I must confess that it was one of the most engrossing movie after a long time and was executed flawlessly with a great mixture of mystery (being a court room/murder mystery), drama and humor all perfectly entwined into the story line

Bawa's of this world will find this movie endearing and movie was set back in 1959 when Bombay was so beautiful

Restrained acting by Akshay and he looked fabulous too in naval uniform

Good timing on humor by the Kumud Mishra (Bawa newspaper man)

Excellent acting by Pavan Malhotra, Sachin Khedkar and Anang Desai

One thing you will notice it that all men (except Kumud) are so fit and wear their trousers so high-up like they really use to do in those days

Excellent movie and a must watch !!!

4/5
Old 21st August 2016, 20:12   #2898
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Excellent movie and a must watch !!!

4/5
Thanks for the review, Mobike! Based on your post, I watched it yesterday. Family loved it, and I did too (doesn't always happen with Hindi movies). Everyone's acting is flawless - right from Akshay Kumar to the newspaper owner to the Judge.

The story isn't exactly like the Nanavati case - it's merely "inspired" and has a lot of masala thrown in. Nevertheless, the movie is worth a watch.
Old 22nd August 2016, 08:41   #2899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for the review, Mobike! Based on your post, I watched it yesterday. Family loved it, and I did too (doesn't always happen with Hindi movies). Everyone's acting is flawless - right from Akshay Kumar to the newspaper owner to the Judge.
Glad to know GTO that you and family liked the movie. My family also enjoyed it!

Quote:
The story isn't exactly like the Nanavati case - it's merely "inspired" and has a lot of masala thrown in. Nevertheless, the movie is worth a watch.
My bad, I should have mentioned it's not exactly as the real story which was more complicated. As in most cases on adaption from books/real story, Bollywood will always make amendments to suit the masses

If you overlook the fact that it was not a carbon copy with respect to actual events post the incident (till the incident it was correct), execution of the movie was flawless and it will keep the audience engrossed throughout
Old 22nd August 2016, 09:33   #2900
Senior - BHPian

Watched Madaari.

Rated: 4/5.

The above rating was purely for the acting prowess of Irfan Khan. That guys knows some real acting. Be it emotions or dialogue delivery, he charms a lot. The plot had nothing great to write about. Could have been made more intriguing. The other actors were rather stone faced and went about mouthing their dialogues.
Old 24th August 2016, 10:21   #2901
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the review, Mobike! Based on your post, I watched it yesterday. Family loved it, and I did too (doesn't always happen with Hindi movies).
Can't believe I forgot to mention .

If you're a vintage car lover, you MUST watch this movie. There's a heavy lineup of beauties, including a vintage car showroom.

The Hindi Movies Thread-automaniacarsinrustommovie5.jpg
Source

The Hindi Movies Thread-akshaykumarandileanadcruzkissingsceneinteresangyaarasongmovierustom.jpg
Source
Old 30th August 2016, 20:22   #2902

Since was watching a decent mystery movie, decided to come up with list of my fav movies in the Mystery/thriller/Who Dun it/ horror genre
• Khamosh (1985) Amol Palekar, Shabana Azmi – Stellar Cast, great acting and keep guessing
• Gumnam (1965) Manoj Kumar, Nanda, Mehmood - Based on Agatha Christie’s And then there were none- If you haven’t seen of read u wont see the end coming
• A Wednesday – No introduction needed
• Khoj (1989)- Rishi kapoor Naseeruddin Shah- Unknown Gem and a solid twist
• 13B (2009)- Guess many people have liked this one
• Jewel Thief (1967)- Ashok Kumar, Dev Anand- Loved how the audience and the protagonist was fooled throughout
• Raat (1992)- Revathy- A ram Gopal Verma gem before He made another good one Bhoot
• Kaun(1999)- Urmila- Only three actors and an eerie setting.
• The Stoneman Murders (2009)- K K Menon- Didn’t get the attention it deserved but a great watch
• Khiladi (1992)/Khel Khel main (1975)- Akshay Kumar/Rishi Kapoor- Nice college flicks with a good twist
• Kahaani- Doesn’t deserve any introduction

Next up will be a list in the drama genre
Old 31st August 2016, 01:32   #2903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls14 View Post
• Gumnam (1965) Manoj Kumar, Nanda, Mehmood - Based on Agatha Christie’s And then there were none- If you haven’t seen of read u wont see the end coming...
Man, this is a great movie. Remember watching it in DD when I was 12 or so; couldn't manage to sleep alone that night. Offered my younger brother (who was also watching the movie with me) to sleep in my room if he was afraid to sleep alone.

Have to thank a bunch of bhpians for the offbeat suggestions. Ugly, Filmistaan, Kaun kitne paani mein, Baby etc are all great movies.
Old 31st August 2016, 01:51   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Since was watching a decent mystery movie, decided to come up with list of my fav movies in the Mystery/thriller/Who Dun it/ horror genre
You can add Aankhen (1968) to the list as well.
On Friday it was airing on Zee Classic and my dad was had the TV remote in his hand was watching. I was there for 20 minutes or so but the storyline was gripping for sure. Even after dad went out for some work, me and my brother couldn't help but again switched to Zee Classic which for a change was strange.
Please note that out of the old films of 70s and 80s I have watched only a handful but have added this to my list.
Old 12th September 2016, 14:02   #2905
BHPian

Saw 2 movies over the weekend and both of them were disappointing.

Freaky Ali

A textbook example of a movie not containing any substance apart from what is shown in the trailer. Although the trailer seemed interesting, the movie turned out to be quite disappointing. Maximum amount of screen time is devoted to Nawazuddin and he does justice to most of it, barring few instances. It seems that Nawazuddin is a brilliant actor but there are some roles which does not suit him. The on-screen chemistry between him and the heroine was extremely poor.

Baar Baar Dekho

Another text book example of the movie not living up to its trailer standards. The movie has a very simple message which the directors have tried to communicate in a very complicated way and that will disappoint the audience. Katrina continues to do a wonderful job at wearing pretty clothes and looking beautiful but unfortunately not acting. The length of the movie is quite long at 2hr 20 mins considering the content of the movie.

In short, you can easily avoid both the movies.
Old 12th September 2016, 14:06   #2906
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thats a very nice compilation. I would like to add :

Talaash - The Aamir Khan starrer

Dhund - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0158587/

Ittefaq - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064506/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
Old 13th September 2016, 11:49   #2907
BHPian

Quote:
Though an adaptation of hollywood movie, this film should still make it to the list. One of my favorite: Ek Ruka Hua Faisla www.imdb.com/title/tt0157571/?ref_=fn_al_tt_9
Old 16th September 2016, 14:50   #2908
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I hope someone's planning to watch Pink today / tomorrow and share a review with us . Storyline seems interesting and it's gotten positive reviews from the press so far.

But I ain't going until I read about it here.

Thanks!
Old 16th September 2016, 16:07   #2909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Excellent list.

One addition from my side -

Dhuan (1981): Raakhee Gulzar, Mithun Chakraborty, Ranjeeta, Amjad Khan

Bet the Ramsays were inspired to make Khoj (1989) after seeing this underrated gem by Dulal Guha. See if you can hunt this one down.
Old 17th September 2016, 16:51   #2910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope someone's planning to watch Pink today / tomorrow and share a review with us . Storyline seems interesting and it's gotten positive reviews from the press so far.

But I ain't going until I read about it here.

Thanks!
Watched Pink today. Liked it very much. Definitely worth a watch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks