GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Watched the movie TEEN.

Must watch.

Rating - 4/5
Thanks! Have it recorded on the Tata Sky box. Didn't come around to watching it, but will do so now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
1/5
Don't want to rub it in....can't resist. Told you so .

The movie is a flop in the box office (source). Hope that teaches the makers a lesson and stops such junk from coming our way.
Old 26th November 2016, 07:43   #2942
BHPian

Watched "Dear Zindagi" yesterday. No story as such. The film might come across as watching a psychotherapy session for some. People who have had troubled childhood might relate well to the film.

Music and direction are good. Alia Bhatt's acting is good, especially in the second half. Never a fan of SRK but he has played a nice role that suits his age.

Rating : 3/5
Old 26th November 2016, 19:55   #2943
Senior - BHPian

I am a big fan of SRK as a person, but hate his movies. It took him about a decade to participate in a relatively good movie and he also acted well for a change. Talking about Dear Zindagi here
Old 27th November 2016, 00:53   #2944
BHPian

Dear Zindagi - a movie where SRK tries to make Alia sleep and in turn makes everyone in the theatre sleep. A few unconventional wisdom which feels good though not sure how practical but otherwise duh. Every single time you think now the movie is gonna get over - it again begins and this happens five times . One unconventional wisdom from me...watch it on the day you aresuper depressed.

Last edited by GTO : 27th November 2016 at 10:55. Reason: Language
Old 27th November 2016, 01:47   #2945
Senior - BHPian

Completely agree with your analysis. Recently saw Kapoor & Sons, felt deja vu.

I don't like Karan Johar very much and yet to see his film where Gay and homosexuality is not discussed. Watched the movie only coz of Gauri Shinde but was disappointed by the shallowness of the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Dear Zindagi - a movie where SRK tries to make Alia sleep and in turn makes everyone in the theatre sleep. A few unconventional wisdom which feels good though not sure how practical but otherwise duh. Every single time you think now the movie is gonna get over - it again begins and this happens five times . One unconventional wisdom from me...watch it on the day you aresuper depressed.

Last edited by GTO : 27th November 2016 at 10:56. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 27th November 2016, 11:00   #2946
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Zindagi, SRK movies are a must watch in the household and I'm a fan myself. Feel slightly gypped in this though, SRK does play a vital role in the movie.. kind of like the catalyst for change but his overall time in the movie is less than 45-50 minutes. It was promoted as a SRK movie but obviously that is false since Alia Bhatt is the pivot of the movie, and this is not her best acting, not by a long shot.

Shah Rukh is a very capable actor and everyone else in the movie felt like insects compared to his presence, including Alia. This movie brought out a certain extent of his Chak De! potential though not fully since his role itself was limited. He's the only factor for which I'm giving the movie 2/5, well a marginal percentage of that 2 is also for Alia who exhibited shades of good acting but was let down by extremely poor directing and downright moronic dialogues.

Things that I felt :
@ Wannabeism at its finest - Bollywood is not only an Indianisation of the word Hollywood, it also copies concepts, lifestyles and dialogues of Hollywood, howsoever grotesquely irrelevant it is to our country.

@ From English Vinglish to just Hinglish > This sure isn't a Hindi movie, nor is it an English movie, it is a mix of both. Gets confusing is all, cant identify.

@ Misrepresentation - If all that makes a movie modern is the showing the most developed "bits and pieces" of the country then every Hollywood movie should show Central Park, Times Square & Rockefeller Centre in NY, Beverly Hills & Malibu in L.A. Likewise any movie that needs to be modern in Bollywood > Goa (the beaches and villas) and Mumbai Sea Link and Marine Drive along with a few pubs and clubs in either regions.

@ Stereotypes - though SRK tried his best to differentiate himself from the stereotype of mentor/guru, the role itself had its limitations and hence the usual stereotype of conflicts and "breakthroughs" so to speak.

Simplicity is a rare feat in Bollywood, an industry where over-the-top, glitz, glamour and dancing rules the audiences. Movies like Dear Zindagi can certainly be appreciated for its soft touches, naturalistic acting and better use of songs (which in any case need to be forcefully injected), this movie though suffers from poor editing and dialogues and a supporting cast who aren't really "actors" so to speak.
Old 28th November 2016, 12:30   #2947
BHPian

Watched Dear Zindagi on Friday through an office outing because otherwise I mostly wouldn't spend a penny for SRK's movies unless better half forces me to.

I did not find much stuff in the movie to be very frank. Kunal kapoor comes in and goes out of the movies making it seem like an addition later and neither does the story around him tie up much. Angad Bedi is wasted with just 1-2 scenes where he does a decent job. Ali zafar again comes in for a while and then suddenly is taken out when Alia decides to dump him without giving him any reason as such. The movie is very slow which makes it feel very looooooooooonnnnngggg, and somewhere you feel you can go off to sleep (I did for a few mins but never felt I missed anything) or you start praying that the movie gets over. Better seen at home than spend on tickets or can easily be given a pass too!

Wouldnt rate it more than 1.5/5 stars.
Old 8th December 2016, 14:28   #2948
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone seen "Kahaani 2"

Is it on par with the original one? I know both stories aren't related but, how would you rate this movie in terms of its gripping story telling?

Worth a watch?
Old 8th December 2016, 14:39   #2949
BHPian

Quote:

Is it on par with the original one? I know both stories aren't related but, how would you rate this movie in terms of its gripping story telling?

Worth a watch?
Personally I liked the first part better.

Kahani 2, the plot is predictable after a point and it fails to create the suspense which part 1 was capable of.

Vidya Balan's acting is no doubt commendable.
Old 8th December 2016, 14:58   #2950
BHPian

Quote:

Worth a watch?
Story line is good and Vidya's acting is fabulous, but can't say the same thing for the suspense/gripping story telling part. It goes on revealing the suspense through the film and there is no suspense left in the second part.

But it is worth a watch. I liked the movie as a whole.

KK

Edit: I still have one or two unanswered questions from the movie, may be can discuss once you watch it.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 8th December 2016 at 15:02.
Old 8th December 2016, 16:46   #2951
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Personally I liked the first part better.

Kahani 2, the plot is predictable after a point and it fails to create the suspense which part 1 was capable of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
But it is worth a watch. I liked the movie as a whole.

Edit: I still have one or two unanswered questions from the movie, may be can discuss once you watch it.
Thanks guys! I love suspense and gripping storylines and loved the first part (which incidentally made Nawaz what he is today)

Will certainly check out part 2 and share my review too
Old 8th December 2016, 18:17   #2952
BHPian

Nawaz was not made due to kahani, rather gangs of wasseypur. As a trivia he was also in sarfarosh - a very small role when he was still struggling not sure if many people even noticed him then.
Old 8th December 2016, 18:38   #2953
BHPian

Nawaz has been struggling since a long time. Remember the railway station scene in Munnabhai MBBS, he plays the pickpocket who gets caught by Sunil Dutt.
I am very gladdened by his success. Talent + hardwork + determination.
Old 8th December 2016, 20:28   #2954
Distinguished - BHPian

Kahaani 2

Went with high expectations since the first part was really good. Well, this was a let down. The plot was predictable and there wasnt any sort of suspense or gripping moment, especially for people who love suspense/thriller genres. The only good thing was Vidya's acting.

Will pass it down as a DVD watch.

Rating - 2/5
Old 9th December 2016, 09:34   #2955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Nawaz was not made due to kahani, rather gangs of wasseypur. As a trivia he was also in sarfarosh - a very small role when he was still struggling not sure if many people even noticed him then.
I still would say he came into limelight only because of Kahani. GOW 1 and 2 happened later. He was superb in Kahaani and was instantly recognizable

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Nawaz has been struggling since a long time. Remember the railway station scene in Munnabhai MBBS, he plays the pickpocket who gets caught by Sunil Dutt.
I am very gladdened by his success. Talent + hardwork + determination.
Thanks for sharing this. I never realized he was in so many popular movies earlier. Due to his unconventional/common looks, he never stood out perhaps

Btw, My favorite movie of Nawazuddin is "Lunchbox" he was simply brilliant in that movie and even overpowered Irfan Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Kahaani 2

Went with high expectations since the first part was really good. Well, this was a let down. The plot was predictable and there wasnt any sort of suspense or gripping moment, especially for people who love suspense/thriller genres. The only good thing was Vidya's acting.

Will pass it down as a DVD watch.

Rating - 2/5
Oh man! Is it that bad? Not worth a movie ticket?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks