Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2016, 09:58   #2956
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Oh man! Is it that bad? Not worth a movie ticket?
Well, I rarely watch hindi movies and those being categorized under "suspense, thriller, horror" genre. I personally felt it isnt worth going to the theater since I had high expectations and this was an ordinary thriller that doesn't keep you on the edge of the seat. You will know what will happen at the end.
And yes, Nawazuddin was superb in the first part. Arjun was just ordinary in this.

And going for a movie every Sunday, I do keep my expectation bar high .

Last edited by naveen.raju : 9th December 2016 at 10:00.
Old 9th December 2016, 10:33   #2957
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT

I have rarely watched a Hindi movie in theaters in the last 6-7 years. I just feel its a huge risk putting those 3-4K INR (I live in a joint family) on a Hindi movie, by taking all that effort to go the theater, park the cars, get snacks for everyone, then go for dinner and all the drama. And the end of all this, the movie turns out crappy, 9/10 times IMO.

The last Hindi movie I watched in the theater was Chennai Express and thankfully it turned out to be a very good entertainer (if not the best), and especially we had risked taking kids in the family to watch this movie. Kids had loved it and I was satisfied taking all this effort.

However, I am very keen on watching DANGAL with my entire family. IMO Aamir Khan is slightly more bankable (Except Dhoom 3 - Was piece of crap) than SRK & Salman and a whole lot of current actors. I loved Akshay Kumar in 3-4 movies back to back (Baby, Gabbar, Holiday, Airlift) but with House Full 3 he is back to non-sense so-called comic movies.

Old 10th December 2016, 01:22   #2958
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to Daddy. For folks who dont know Arun Gawli(I believe) satya was loosely based on him and he was untouchable in his chawl.

Only missing point is the casting of Arjun Rampal(plastic features)

I frankly preferred this trailer to raaes.

Maddy
Old 12th December 2016, 09:32   #2959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Looking forward to Daddy. For folks who dont know Arun Gawli(I believe) satya was loosely based on him and he was untouchable in his chawl.

Only missing point is the casting of Arjun Rampal(plastic features)
Arun Gawli indeed was a very popular gangster and almost as popular as Dawood. I wondered how come a Biopic never released about him.

Satya was the best gangster movie and I doubt anyone can beat that originality

Having said that Arjun Rampal looks quite like Arun and i think he is a decent actor not as wooden as other model turned actors

When is this releasing? Look forward to this movie !!!
Old 12th December 2016, 10:12   #2960
Senior - BHPian

Is Raees another big budget (waste of budget actually) Hindi movie glorifying the criminals and the crime world? Looking at the trailer, I surely want to skip the movie. Satya was a good movie for a change and path breaking of sort. Even though Satya also glorified the underworld, the end was good.

Common guys, we have so many good concepts, topics and events which can be turned into movies. When will India come out of this super stardom and stop making crappy fantasy movies with the only target in mind is to earn 100 crores+.
Old 12th December 2016, 10:31   #2961
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I have rarely watched a Hindi movie in theaters in the last 6-7 years. I just feel its a huge risk putting those 3-4K INR (I live in a joint family) on a Hindi movie, by taking all that effort to go the theater, park the cars, get snacks for everyone, then go for dinner and all the drama. And the end of all this, the movie turns out crappy, 9/10 times IMO.
An extreme decision IMHO. You've missed out on some truly memorable gems. While watching a good movie at home is enjoyable, the same in a theatre is another experience altogether.

The internet has made it so easy to check on reviews before going to the theatre. I, for one, don't ever watch a Hindi movie without reading its reviews on this thread. For English flicks, I refer to IMDB & Rotten Tomatoes (both).

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Likewise! I love gangster movies & can hardly wait .
Old 13th December 2016, 23:57   #2962
Senior - BHPian

Masaan (2015)

5/5 stuff! Hindi cinema at its finest!

This is quite simply the best hindi film I've seen in years. Grippy narration of a very poignant storyline, some really amazing visuals of Benaras city and the fabulous Ganga ghats and great acting (is there anybody who can match Sanjay Mishra when he is in the mood? What an amazing actor he is!) by nearly all the actors, and really very very nice music. What more can one want.

Highly recommended to all cinema buffs.
Old 14th December 2016, 08:24   #2963
Senior - BHPian

+1 for Masaan.
Watched this movie a year back and was dumbstruck. The unfortunate part is only a handful people are aware of such a gem. The screenplay, music, performances were all top-notch and I feel I actually wept a few times inside while watching this movie.

Please go and watch this movie.
10/10 from me as well.
Old 19th December 2016, 04:48   #2964
Senior - BHPian

Typical mainstream Bollywood movies and heavily biased reporting means that I missed a gem like Masaan. Poignant, well acted/directed/filmed, very believable and the utterly awesome music is a veritable cherry on top. Don't miss this one. It is a must watch.

4/5

Old 23rd December 2016, 18:04   #2965
Senior - BHPian

Watched Danghal yesterday - 5/5
Superb performance all around. On par or even bettered Chak De India.
Old 23rd December 2016, 20:14   #2966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Watched Danghal yesterday - 5/5
Superb performance all around. On par or even bettered Chak De India.
Is this true? Can some one else add some info.I believe Chak De is one of the finest due to Shimit Amin and Shahrukh ( not a fan) but he was outstanding in this.

I have a pact not to invest in Hindi movies (specially the 100 Cr group) , its just not worth the time, unless people vouch for it.
Old 24th December 2016, 10:55   #2967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Is this true? Can some one else add some info.I believe Chak De is one of the finest due to Shimit Amin and Shahrukh ( not a fan) but he was outstanding in this.

I have a pact not to invest in Hindi movies (specially the 100 Cr group) , its just not worth the time, unless people vouch for it.
Hi Fraz,

I am one of the skeptical guys who will think a 100 times before watching a hindi movie. Dangal was my 3rd bollywood flick in 2 years. But let me assure you that this is one you will not regret watching. I watched it in US yesterday, and the it was houseful even there.

Amazing story, performances and direction. This just might be the one movie that changes the direction where Bollywood was headed. 5/5. Don't miss this one.
Old 24th December 2016, 12:12   #2968
BHPian

@Fraz33r yup. You know why? Because Dangal isn't a conventional love story with a sports backdrop, like Chak De was too. The performances are sublime. After a long time I had to charm my way to get tickets for a film. Every place was houseful. It drags a bit in parts but those parts are over quickly. Loved the young Geeta, the music is great, and about the only real gap I can think of is the cast's Haryanvi accent.
Old 24th December 2016, 17:57   #2969
Senior - BHPian

Dangal is fantastic! Go and watch it. All the girls have given great performances. The scene between Geeta and Aamir in the 2nd half is superb.

A must watch film. 4.5/5 from me.
Old 24th December 2016, 18:27   #2970
BHPian

An impromptu plan for a movie and ended up watching Mr. Perfectionist's "Dangal" yesterday. It was really good and one of those very few worth watching Bollywood movies these days. However there is nothing exceptional as the entire movie is predictable. Though this movie has some resemblance to Chak de India, the roots are different and the rural life is well depicted. Entire cast has done full justice with their sublime performances. Aamir Khan was just indomitable while Sakshi Tanwar and the new girls were great too. Haryanvi accent was catchy ! People up North from Delhi NCR--Chandigarh belt would like watching this movie more. Thumbs up to the background score and music. Rating a well deserved 4/5 !

Last edited by vivek95 : 24th December 2016 at 18:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks