Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2017, 11:44   #3061
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
...everyone trying too hard to make you laugh....
Planned to go to this movie but cancelled. Saw a way better comedy movie where the actors never tried to make you laugh - heck, no dialogues either.

I am referring to Pushpak.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd October 2017 at 09:17. Reason: Please don't type with excessive dots......like.......this.......
Old 3rd November 2017, 12:52   #3062
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Secret Superstar - 3 / 5 stars.

Worth a watch, whether in the theatre or on TV. Only the final 30 minutes are a bit of a drag & melodramatic.

The casting is superb, everyone has acted really well. The story is rather mundane, but trust Aamir Khan to make it fun to watch. Zaira Wasim is A+ (like she was in Dangal too).

Old 6th November 2017, 07:03   #3063
Team-BHP Support

Saw Ittefaq last night.

Against better judgement.

What terrible acting by Sonakshi and to some extent, even Siddharth. The movie is very slow.

Thankfully, no silly songs or dance numbers.

Only saving grace, to some extent is Akshaye Khanna and Constable Tambe (the typical Maharashtrian cop in Mumbai police with his chawl-like humor).

2/5

PS: I'm tempted to disclose the story in public interest
Old 6th November 2017, 13:52   #3064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Rating = 0 / 5 stars. An insult to the audience's intelligence. Sad because I loved the earlier Golmaals.
It is making almost 200 Cr business. What is with the public these days?
Old 6th November 2017, 16:48   #3065
BHPian

Watched "Trapped" on Amazon Prime yesterday. A very gripping movie. Rajkumar Rao has done a good job.
Old 18th November 2017, 20:38   #3066
BHPian

Watched "Tumhari Sulu" today.

Rating (for film) : 3.5 / 5 (Vidya Balan's acting) : 5 / 5

Vidya Balan's film all the way. Ably supported by Manav Kaul, Neha Dhupia and Vijay Maurya.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 18th November 2017 at 20:49.
Old 18th November 2017, 20:51   #3067
Senior - BHPian

Watched

Bareily ki Burfi. 3.5/5

Kapoor & Sons. 3.5/5

Both are low budget films and very natural. Clap.

Heard good things about Newton. Probably watch it tomorrow on Prime video.
Old 20th November 2017, 08:59   #3068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Watched "Trapped" on Amazon Prime yesterday. A very gripping movie. Rajkumar Rao has done a good job.
Agree. It was a fantastic watch and Rajkumar Rao acted really well. However, towards the end it was quite depressing

It's a good watch. Don't miss

3/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Watched "Tumhari Sulu" today.

Rating (for film) : 3.5 / 5 (Vidya Balan's acting) : 5 / 5

Vidya Balan's film all the way. Ably supported by Manav Kaul, Neha Dhupia and Vijay Maurya.
This was the most boring movie I have seen in a real long time

Some observations

-- What is so good about her voice that listeners were ga-ga about it and not to mention the studio people treating her as a celebrity? Her voice emphasis was childish for sake of no better word

It was dull, slow and extremely boring proceedings and we contemplated leaving the theatre several times but, for family insisting to watch it till end.

My family loves every movie but, they agreed with me that this was torturouly slow and boring

0.5/5 (0.5 only for a couple of funny scenes, husband's acting and bearded colleague acted well too, I like Neha Dupia but she was wasted in this movie)

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th November 2017 at 09:49.
Old 20th November 2017, 09:07   #3069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Watched

Bareily ki Burfi. 3.5/5
Kapoor & Sons. 3.5/5
Heard good things about Newton. Probably watch it tomorrow on Prime video.
BKB is very good. You can skip Newton IMHO. It is one of the most overhyped movies of recent times. Rajkumar Rao has acted well, but you cannot bear the entire 2.5 hours of movie with just one incentive.
Old 20th November 2017, 11:55   #3070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
PS: I'm tempted to disclose the story in public interest
If the story is same as the original one, then the ending is a known one.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd November 2017 at 10:00. Reason: Sorry buddy, cannot allow inappropriate language
Old 26th December 2017, 09:15   #3071
Senior - BHPian

Wow no recent reviews, looks like everyone is enjoying holidays :-)

Watched Tiger Zinda Hai

A regular Salman Khan affair which will not disappoint most fans & non fans in entertainment. Here are some quick pointers

- Based on True Event but the story is highly dramatized for movie (which is not surprising, even Hollywood does the same, they have to make it entertaining). Has some obvious gaps that purists will find

- Things to watch out for -
-- Background score by Julius Packiam is simply mind blowing, pay attention
-- Production Quality is top notch. Almost at the level of Hollywood. Brilliant sets & location fits the high budget of the film and gives a very real feel. Some cool CGI can be seen as well
-- Casting - Some great casting including that of Abu Usman, none of the characters feel as if a desi actor was made to act a non desi role, even if that was the case.
-- Sajjad Delafrooz who played Abu Usmaan to perfection
-- Left Hand Drive Swift
-- Katrina is looking great specially in action sequences.
-- Surprise role by an Indian Veteran actor
-- Last but not the least Salman's Swag(yes, he can be seen shirtless briefly)

- Somethings People may not like of cringe at
-- Excessive action, i was ok but my wife felt that way
-- Movie is a little aggressive for kids, so my recommendation would be not take your under 6 kids. Nothing wrong but some scenes may invoke questions from them that you might find difficult to answer
-- Some glaring holes in story & timeline. Without giving out any spoilers, an Indian official flies to US for a meeting and comes back in almost within a day LOL . There are a few more like this but I think most viewers will ignore or not even notice.

Overall 4/5
Old 25th January 2018, 21:43   #3072
BHPian

Any reviews on Padmaavati err. Padmaavat? I am looking forward for the acting of all the three actors and grandiose plot of SLB.
Old 27th January 2018, 18:34   #3073
Senior - BHPian

Anyone watched Padmavat(i)?

What do you guys prefer - 3D or 2D if both the portions are available? (generally, not related to Padmavat).
Old 4th February 2018, 21:00   #3074
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just came back from watching Padmavati / Padmaavat.

It is a MUST WATCH on the big screen. Amazing cinematography, sets, visual effects etc. The scenes & dialogues are just wow! I usually don't like period films and am not a history buff at all, but this one easily gets 4 out of 5 stars. Only downside is it gets a bit too slow at times and is a very long movie. A handful of scenes need polishing - example, the final fight scene was clearly inspired by 'The Troy', but both actors seem rather tired in that fight (just like the audience at the end of 3 hours ).

Ranveer Singh completely steals the show. Stud has come of age and has acted absolutely brilliantly as Alauddin Khilji. He is captivating. Shahid & Deepika are also excellent, but overshadowed by Ranveer. Just like no one else but Sanjay Dutt could do Khalnayak, no one but Ranveer could play Alauddin. It's a role made for him.
Old 5th February 2018, 12:25   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
This was the most boring movie I have seen in a real long time

Some observations

-- What is so good about her voice that listeners were ga-ga about it and not to mention the studio people treating her as a celebrity? Her voice emphasis was childish for sake of no better word

It was dull, slow and extremely boring proceedings and we contemplated leaving the theatre several times but, for family insisting to watch it till end.

My family loves every movie but, they agreed with me that this was torturouly slow and boring

0.5/5 (0.5 only for a couple of funny scenes, husband's acting and bearded colleague acted well too, I like Neha Dupia but she was wasted in this movie)
Somehow managed to see this on Amazon Prime yesterday thanks to our cricket boys wrapping up the match very early. I guess this movie is very differently made. It reminds be of some of the older malayalam movies where the focus is on the middle class family and their daily humdrums rather than the plot. The plot is fairly simple one (moving on up of a down trodden). I have know a few people in my life like Sulochana who have tried hard but could not succeed and eventually marriage killed their creativity. Some of them bounced back at later part of life mind you not in phenomenal jobs but interesting and invigorating work experiences. This is akin to the Jyotika starrer 36 vayathinille. Overall Vidya Balan stole the movie. No wonder she does not act with the Khans. Her take is that the heroines in Khan movies have a very shallow role.

Rated 3.5/5

Last edited by subraiyr : 5th February 2018 at 12:26. Reason: showing the qoted text

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks