Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2018, 11:37   #3181
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Indeed Manmarziyaan is an excellent movie. Happened to see it in theatre yesterday evening.

Awesome acting by Tapsi. The movie story is more realistic and there are many scenes which are really heart touching. A must watch is what I recommend.
Old 16th September 2018, 12:46   #3182
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Manmarziyan yesterday. Apart from the fine acting, I also loved the music and the background score throughout the movie. Would recommend watching this movie in a multiplex with good sound system.
Old 16th September 2018, 17:38   #3183
Team-BHP Support

I saw Manmarzian with family yesterday. All of us were bored to death. The story did not move ahead at all, and the music was boring.

The acting, however, was top class.

1 star.
Old 16th September 2018, 20:51   #3184
BHPian

For people who are used to typical Karan Johan masala, Manmarziyan might not really appeal. I found it a high grade movie, the second half is certainly slow, would have been a flawless movie if shorten by 15-20 minutes.
For Anurag Kashyap fans, its a must watch.
Old 17th September 2018, 01:44   #3185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I saw Manmarzian with family yesterday. All of us were bored to death. The story did not move ahead at all, and the music was boring.

1 star.
Glad to see a review that echoes my thoughts about this movie. What a waste of almost three hours.

Anurag Kashyap movies are known for twisted characters but these were more of morons than twisted. Movie was such a drag that I had to hold myself from walking out before the movie ended.

The only positive for me in this movie is that my wife might not force me to watch another Abhishek Bachchan movie. I never liked his choice of movies or acting much and now I think my wife will also agree with that after this movie.
Old 17th September 2018, 16:49   #3186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

1 star.
There are few things you can quit in life...movie theatre is one of that..because you have already lost your money the time you purchased...then why waste time and spoil mood...I do..one includes Kal Ho na Ho second half when I was literally waiting the hero to die...
Old 18th September 2018, 00:59   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
Stree is a terrific film which is worth a watch on the big screen.
Totally Agree with everyone here! Stree is a must watch. Its a very different kind of a movie and totally keeps you hooked. Some scenes are hilarious to the core, cast is spot on and everyone delivers. Not a fan of shraddha, but i thought she was cast perfectly.

The scene between Rao and his father does get a special mention.

Yes, do not take kids, it is scary! but keeps the blend of horror/comedy intact for the adults alike.

We need to encourage more of this, rather than the likes of Race3/Sajid khan directorials.
Old 18th September 2018, 06:42   #3188
Senior - BHPian

Manmarzian: The first half was nice I thought. The drama was well brought out. Actors acted well. Could be a true story as someone in my circle had a similar experience.

Few gaps here n there, and throws you off, but a good attempt by Anurag Kashyap nevertheless (When you compare new Hindi film releases).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
What a waste of almost three hours.
Old 19th September 2018, 07:57   #3189
BHPian

Watched Stree and Manmarziyan on back to back weekends.

Stree -

One word, hilarious. I don't enjoy horror genre and have seen less than a handful of movies. But I'm glad I sat through this one. There were multiple moments that scared the hell out of me but the comedy and the fine acting by everyone is what kept me glued to my seat. Rajkumar Rao, as usual, is at his best but I must mention, the supporting cast of Pankaj Tripathi, Aparshakti Khurana and Abhishek Banerjee were the highlights for me. Shraddha Kapoor, I felt was maybe was not suited for the role, she is average when it comes to acting and she playing a rather subdued character made her even more dull.

Rating - 4/5.

Manmarziyan -

Anurag Kashyap, Abhishek Bachchan, Tapsee Pannu and Vicky Kaushal. Has to be a firecracker of a movie right?
Well, no, it didn't work for me. The movie felt long and a tad bit tedious - partly due to the plot breaking into songs every 10-15 mins. The music is good but I am someone who prefers 'no-songs' movies. Tapsee Pannu and Vicky Kaushal were brilliantly suited for the role. Abhishek Bachchan, again, when he plays a subdued character, he comes off as quite dull. He's not boring but he's more like a dampener to the Tapsee-Vicky sizzle. Direction is also good. One can give it a miss and maybe watch it when it airs on the Tele.

Rating - 2.5/5.
Old 20th September 2018, 11:29   #3190
BHPian

Watched Stree yesterday. Its a good film with a mix of comedy and horror, but to be very honest I found it just about ok. Sound effects are good and some scenes do scare the hell out of you, but overall I was slightly disappointed and did not feel like an outstanding movie. May be because I went to see the movie with so much anticipation. Shraddha Kapoor's character was not properly portrayed. Rajkumar Rao as always, was at his very best. He is a very natural actor like Irfan Khan. I would give it 3 out of 5
Old 20th September 2018, 13:18   #3191
Senior - BHPian

I watched Sonu ke Titu ki Sweety after few recommendations. Gosh ! What a boring movie. What kind of story is this??? I felt that the end of the movie was really silly.

Not worth watching on Amazon Prime or anywhere. I don't know how and what to rate this movie.

I even saw Amitabh Bachhan sir recommending this movie on KBC. May be he has some selfish interest in promoting the film.
Old 5th October 2018, 13:06   #3192
BHPian

Guys, Anyone watched Andhadhun. Was planning to go tonight and wanted to take my 4.5 year daughter along. Is it Ok to take her. Advise appreciated.
Old 5th October 2018, 13:11   #3193
Team-BHP Support

I will go for Andhadhun tonight most probably. After my Stree experience, I am not taking my daughter along even though the movie is UA rated.
Old 6th October 2018, 22:09   #3194
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Karwaan yesterday.

Some moments of the movie are nice but nothing great about it. Irrfan and Dulquer definitely act wonderfully but that's about it. In an attempt to make a movie different, the storyline is many times nothing but silly.
I'd rate 2/5

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 6th October 2018 at 22:10.
Old 7th October 2018, 02:04   #3195
Team-BHP Support

Andhadhun = 4 stars

Yes, it's silly at times but the acting is good, the story is fresh, the music is decent and overall a pretty decent watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Guys, Anyone watched Andhadhun. Was planning to go tonight and wanted to take my 4.5 year daughter along. Is it Ok to take her. Advise appreciated.
She won't be scared but I don't think she will be engaged in the movie. No nudity or foul language as such but she'll get bored definitely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks