Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2018, 15:08   #3196
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Andhadhun seems to garnering huge praise from critics and viewers alike. I will probably go and watch it as I immensely enjoyed Shriram Raghavan's Ek Hasina Thi and Johnny Gaddar.

On related topic, I liked the following comment by Rajat Arora: Sriram is back to do what he does best... make you pay for the whole seat but keep you on the edge of it throughout ... #Andhadhun Go to this one with blind faith!
Old 9th October 2018, 23:29   #3197
Senior - BHPian

Watched Raazi

Good storyline and brilliant performance by Alia, she surprises me with the variety of roles that she does so convincingly. Vicky Kaushal is another gem of an actor who excels in various different characters that he plays. Rest of the cast is brilliant too and makes the move worth watching.

I also like how Indian movies are using SFX for seemingly simple scenes (I am referring to the squirrel scenes).

I feel the movie could have been a little more tight and shorter.

4/5
Old 10th October 2018, 00:27   #3198
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree on Raazi. Brilliant movie and Alia is fantastic. One of the few movies where the entire cast does a phenomenal job!
Old 10th October 2018, 01:32   #3199
BHPian

Watched Andhadhun just now. Frankly, it's a stupid movie and I didn't really like it. I know many wouldn't agree with me. But yes, the movie keeps you engaged throughout till the climax. I am a kind of a person who loves watching movies like Raazi, Parmaanu etc.
Old 13th October 2018, 17:15   #3200
Distinguished - BHPian

Dhadak: 1.5/5

Honestly if someone wants an example of taking an amazing, well-done script and executed & successful movie; remake it with a new cast that overacts in every scene, and over-simiplify and sugarcoat the core dark theme of the original movie, and in turn produce a "romantic" flick, Dhadak is that example.

On a positive note, Janhvi Kapoor shows some brilliance of her mom's acting and dancing skills. A few more movies under her name, and hopefully with good directors and scripts, we would be having an apt replacement for Sridevi.
Old 14th October 2018, 19:24   #3201
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched Andhadhun & really liked the movie. Its infact a must watch for those who love the suspense/thriller genre. Good performances by the starcast, especially Ayushman Khurana.
Old 15th October 2018, 08:00   #3202
Senior - BHPian

After reading some good recommendations on this thread decided to watch Andhadhun.

I had gone with a preset notion that's its going to be a Whodunit thriller but it turned out to be a quirky dark comedy. At times I felt the story being stretched unnecessarily. The one liners were good. Acting by Ayushman Khurana was a revelation. Tabu did a good job too. Radhika Apte was there to fill in the romantic angle. All in all one time watchable movie. The movie title does not reflect the story at all.

I would rate the move 3.5/5.
Old 15th October 2018, 10:20   #3203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Just watched Bhavesh Joshi

Having mixed feelings on this one. Lot of inspiration from Dark Knight and the music score. Its very realistic movie, in terms of location and vigilantism. People from Mumbai background will be able to relate more.

It could have been great movie! I am just not sure what is it missing.

Rating: 3/5
I saw it yesterday.
Its quite a departure anything expected of Hindi movies, or of superheroes. good dinner watch, and can be sat through its entirety at one go. Not many Hindi flicks can do that, unless you've paid for a Rs400 ticket.
Old 15th October 2018, 10:59   #3204
Senior - BHPian

Finally watched Qarib Qarib Single ! A nice pleasant story and damn good acting by both, Irrfan & Parvathy. I would recommend it to everyone, if you have not already watched it.

In my honest opinion, Irrfan Khan is one of the best actors of the current generation. Irrfan Khan can play any, absolutely any, role and he just kills it. Over the last 2-3 years, he has given us masterpiece movies, one after another. None of these movies were high budget with star studded cast or seasoned directors. Irrfan carries the movies on his capable shoulders to near perfection.

The last few movies of Irrfan, which I feel are unconventional but top notch movies:

* Piku
* Qarib Qarib Single
* Hindi Medium
* Blackmail
* Karwaan (my favorite Hindi movie of 2018)
* Lunchbox
* Paan Singh Tomar

In one of the interviews, where Irrfan and Akshay were together, Akshay had mentioned "Ye sahab acting kaha karte hey, ye ate hey, dialogs bolte hey aur nikal jate hey" (When does he ever act? He comes, delivers his dialogs and leaves). Akshay said this with utmost respect and appreciation that Irrfan is a very natural actor and that is what makes him one of the finest, which he later confessed.

I feel that Irrfan is the new age Sanjeev Kumar.
Old 15th October 2018, 12:07   #3205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
* Karwaan (my favorite Hindi movie of 2018)
I agree! Watched it over the weekend and it was a pleasant surprise. Highly recommended
Old 16th October 2018, 14:49   #3206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Finally watched Qarib Qarib Single ! A nice pleasant story and damn good acting by both, Irrfan & Parvathy. I would recommend it to everyone, if you have not already watched it.

Completely agree. There's nothing extra ordinary about the movie but the simplicity, good acting and the feel good factor it brings in makes the movie very enjoyable. Irfan ofcourse acts well as always, but I especially liked Parvathy's acting (have not seen her any other movie.. )
Old 16th October 2018, 15:32   #3207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I agree! Watched it over the weekend and it was a pleasant surprise. Highly recommended
I got tempted to see the movie as it was available on Amazon Prime. Also applied my theory of good rating at IMDB (7.8) and saw last night. Simply lovely movie.

This kind of movies also inform you a lot, and provokes you to introspect. Today's generation gives damn about virginity (a taboo, it seems, may be scary for me old guy). The little older generation was rebellious to the extent that they could openly hate their parents. And in between the swift and great Irfan! Hats off. Mamooty's son Salmaan really inherited the right DNAs. And the scenic beauty caught captured is excellent (Ooty and around is anyway gorgeous). And then good songs with meaningful bindas poetry!

4/5
Old 17th October 2018, 16:17   #3208
Team-BHP Support

Any reviews for Tumbadd ? Seems like an interesting film but has mixed reviews and Hindi movies have generally not done justice to the horror genre.
Old 18th October 2018, 09:41   #3209
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Fanney Khan yesterday. It's all about Anil Kapoor. Wonderful performance by him as a financially poor father who wants to make his daughter a star. He also dances so well for his age! Also well supported by Rajkumar and Aishwarya R B. Not to forget good performances by Divya dutta and the girl who plays the character of his daughter. Music is decent and so is the humor.

I heard that it's the remake of some Oscar winning movie. I don't know if something has been changed in the story because the story although is good in the entirety, the second half is silly and stupid in many places and I was yawning there. Although Aishwarya R B has acted very well, her character is itself not very well defined.

Could've been much better had those silly things removed from the story (which was easily doable IMO). But still it isn't as silly as Karwaan which is still the worst Hindi Movie I've seen this year so far.

I'd Rate Fanney Khan 3 out of 5
Old 18th October 2018, 09:46   #3210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Could've been much better had those silly things removed from the story (which was easily doable IMO). But still it isn't as silly as Karwaan which is still the worst Hindi Movie I've seen this year so far.

I'd Rate Fanney Khan 3 out of 5
It somehow reminded me in bits of pain and gain(If you haven't seen this, you must). I only sat down to watch it for Aishwarya rai, and I was not disappointed in the least.

Apart from that, the story is a quite fantastical, but the acting by the veteran Anil kapoor is fine. I was constantly thinking that this is just how his character "lakhan" would have grown old.

Can be sat through.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks