Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2019, 14:38   #3361
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Having a friend's night out and have planned to watch the below movies. Please suggest some so we can ponder on them too.

1. Gangs of Wasseypur 2 (Saw the 1st last time so 2nd toh keh ke lenge!)
2. Article 15 (Been reading in this thread about it, everyone regards it highly)
3. .......(Need to fill in here)
4. ...... (Here as well)

Thanks guys.
Old 12th September 2019, 14:39   #3362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Having a friend's night out and have planned to watch the below movies. Please suggest some so we can ponder on them too.

2. Article 15 (Been reading in this thread about it, everyone regards it highly)
4. ...... (Here as well)

Thanks guys.
Game over
Gunda (Just to maybe wind the night up? )
Old 12th September 2019, 14:43   #3363
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

4. ...... (Here as well)

Thanks guys.
Article 15 for a friends night out might be too heavy.

Gunda is a good choice. So is "Chupke Chupke" if you haven't seen it already. 13B if you like Hindi supernatural thrillers (with a bit of the usual bollywood brainlessness) Or maybe a TV series like Ghoul.
Old 12th September 2019, 14:49   #3364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Article 15 for a friends night out might be too heavy.

Gunda is a good choice. So is "Chupke Chupke" if you haven't seen it already. 13B if you like Hindi supernatural thrillers (with a bit of the usual bollywood brainlessness) Or maybe a TV series like Ghoul.
Article 15 has been on our list for long so thought its better to watch it together.

13B and Ghoul already seen. Glad you remembered 13B, many dont know of it. A good movie considering the genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Game over
Gunda (Just to maybe wind the night up? )
Gunda is done. Thank you, definitely downloading it tonight. Read this in a novel "May I hebb your attention pliss" by Arnab Ray , brilliant. Need another one.

Last edited by SDP : 15th September 2019 at 10:37. Reason: Added double quotes around the book title
Old 13th September 2019, 14:02   #3365
Senior - BHPian

I know its old one now, but finally got to watch Kabir Singh and later on Arjun Reddy too (just to compare).

Whatever said and done, Shahid Kapoor was class apart. Anyone can watch that film just for him. Superb. Specially when you compare with the original movie actor (Arjun Reddy). That film looks like a 3rd grade movie in front of Kabir Singh.

Oh and the songs are just perfect
Old 13th September 2019, 16:12   #3366
BHPian

Watched Indias Most Wanted on Hotstar.

1.5/5

What a waste of an extraordinary plot, to be able to get hold of one of the most elusive terrorists without a single shot being fired from a neighbouring country deserved much much more.
Arjun Kapoor has been made or (naturally is) standing like a statue with a deadpan expression pretty much throughout the film.

Musical score - wah! During the most serious of climaxes, it makes you feel like you are sitting in an upmarket restaurant with live Jazz music being played - what were they thinking!!! Totally out of sync and just kills the entire feel of the movie.

Shots in Patna for some reason have been shot on top of Gol Ghar, and for the life of me I can't understand why!!! Could have been done more discretely, passing shots also convey to the viewer where it has been shot.

Uri gets a full star extra over this.
Old 15th September 2019, 09:57   #3367
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Chichhore -
Enjoyed a lot.
Will rate it 8/10.
Thanks for the recommendation! Was waiting for a review on this thread. Will watch. My sister also gave it 4 / 5 stars, but she usually likes all the dumb song & dance movies too, so I didn't give her rating too much importance .
Old 15th September 2019, 11:18   #3368
BHPian

Dream Girl 5/5

What an extraordinary movie. Wonder why they did not do a lot of publicity. Hardly anyone know it has been released.

The dialogues and performances of each and every character (apart from Roma) is near perfect and hilarious. The story is fresh but just one liner, however the twists, dialogues and performances keep you entertained till the end. Songs aren't that good and picturization has happened in a small town of Haryana. Low budget movie but character actors have been rightly chosen for the roles.

Ayushman and Annu Kapoor combo is turning out to be like the 90's Govinda and Kader Khan one.

Nothing like a must watch in cinemas but not wise to wait till it comes on Netflix.
Old 15th September 2019, 20:40   #3369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for the recommendation! Was waiting for a review on this thread. Will watch. My sister also gave it 4 / 5 stars, but she usually likes all the dumb song & dance movies too, so I didn't give her rating too much importance .
I too can vouch for Chichore. It has an interesting premise and is wonderful to see the main characters trace back their student life and how some of it changes their life

Feels little "3 Idiot'sh but, is a nice story with a wonderful message at the end

I would give it 3.5/5

Quote:
Dream Girl 5/5

What an extraordinary movie. Wonder why they did not do a lot of publicity. Hardly anyone know it has been released.

The dialogues and performances of each and every character (apart from Roma) is near perfect and hilarious. The story is fresh but just one liner, however the twists, dialogues and performances keep you entertained till the end. Songs aren't that good and picturization has happened in a small town of Haryana. Low budget movie but character actors have been rightly chosen for the roles.

Ayushman and Annu Kapoor combo is turning out to be like the 90's Govinda and Kader Khan one.

Nothing like a must watch in cinemas but not wise to wait till it comes on Netflix.
Totally Agree

I watched this movie yesterday and after a long time laughed so hard in the movies. This is a fresh, simple and one of the best situational comedy in a long time (situational comedies was a trade mark of only one person-Priyadarshan) and my eyes were watering from laughing so much

I was not so impressed with Ayushman than the actors surrounding him

Anu Kapoor- He was the best actor in this movie. Second half, I was in splits only due to Anu

Manjot Singh- Fukra actor truly has a sense of humor and his witty lines kept us entertained in the first half

Abhishek Banerjee- He is a gem for such movies and should be explored more as his facial expressions are priceless. Apart from Stree, I think he was also seen in Mirzapur (TV Series)

Finally, Vijay Raaz- No introduction to this great star. He was brilliant in this movie

Warning : Please pay attention to dialogues & expression as some dialogues are slipped in too quickly and you might miss the content or the humor behind it as there are many such in entire movie

4.5/5
Old 15th September 2019, 20:56   #3370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Warning : Please pay attention to dialogues & expression as some dialogues are slipped in too quickly and you might miss the content or the humor behind it as there are many such in entire movie

4.5/5
Rightly said. Moreover there are few in shudh Hindi which I had to ask my wife to understand why everyone around laughed so hard. Epic dialogues and the movie really proves why character actors are as important as Star Actors in a movie.

Abhishek Banerjee is going to be a household name soon. His expressions and dialogue delivery is starting to become the highlight of movies he is a part of.
Old 15th September 2019, 21:03   #3371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I was not so impressed with Ayushman than the actors surrounding him

Anu Kapoor- He was the best actor in this movie. Second half, I was in splits only due to Anu

Finally, Vijay Raaz - No introduction to this great star. He was brilliant in this movie
Watched Dream Girl today.

Agree with all that you mentioned. When Ayushman is compared with what he has done in Andhadhun or Article 15, he was not able to provide justice for the role in this film. Not his fault though - he has set the expectations high. I was not impressed just for the sake of female voice impersonation.

Evergreen Anu Kapoor actually has given a better performance than Ayushman especially in the second half.

The message that the film delivers is also appropriate.

3.5/5
Old 16th September 2019, 00:35   #3372
Senior - BHPian

Batla House - 4/5

If you know about the story of the actual events are intrigued about watching it on the big screen, this movie will appeal to you a tad bit more. Everyone's acting including John Abhraham''s is top notch. The movie is fast paced and keeps you on the edge most of the times.
Old 17th September 2019, 10:58   #3373
Distinguished - BHPian

Sec. 375: Hard-hitting court room drama. Very tight direction and screen play. Well penned dialogues and brilliant acting by Akshay Khanna. Akshay Khanna is such brilliant in his role that Richa Chaddha felt like no match for him. In fact, it would have been better if Sandya Mridul, who is playing Akshay's wife had her role swapped with Richa Chaddha; it would have been probably better. Supporting cast is brilliant too.

If you like serious court room drama & arguments, then don't miss it. I am not sure about the certification the movie has been awarded by the Censor board. but better not to take your kids along because of the on-screen content, dialogues & the overall theme of the movie.

I am not indulging in providing any details of the story as it can prove to be a spoiler. My rating is 4/5.
Old 17th September 2019, 12:22   #3374
Distinguished - BHPian

Super 30.
I don't know what the gripe is with this movie. I really liked it. Yeah, he looked really miscast, but only for about 20 minutes. And everyone in social media has been going mad that he did not pull a proper bihari accent. Trust me, if he had, the understanding of what was being spoken would have dried up about 10 miles from the border of bihar into UP.
Apart from the excellence institute, I like how the story remained true.
I really liked it as a dinner watch. Now I'm looking forward to hrithik roshan in war.
Will give it 4/5, Super 30.
Old 17th September 2019, 14:54   #3375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Super 30.
I don't know what the gripe is with this movie. I really liked it.
I really liked it as a dinner watch. Now I'm looking forward to hrithik roshan in war.
Will give it 4/5, Super 30.
I completely agree. I thought the "Basanti no dance in front of the dogs" scene was a slight overboard, but rest of the movie is really good. Kudos to Hrithik for pulling off this role with complete dedication. I guess this is one of his top 3 best roles after LAKSHYA & Jodha Akbar.

I also rate 4/5 stars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks