Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2019, 19:01   #3376
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Sec. 375: Hard-hitting court room drama. Very tight direction and screen play. Well penned dialogues and brilliant acting by Akshay Khanna. Akshay Khanna is such brilliant in his role that Richa Chaddha felt like no match for him. In fact, it would have been better if Sandya Mridul, who is playing Akshay's wife had her role swapped with Richa Chaddha; it would have been probably better. Supporting cast is brilliant too.

If you like serious court room drama & arguments, then don't miss it. I am not sure about the certification the movie has been awarded by the Censor board. but better not to take your kids along because of the on-screen content, dialogues & the overall theme of the movie.

I am not indulging in providing any details of the story as it can prove to be a spoiler. My rating is 4/5.
+1
Quite a thought-provoking movie, that has multiple layers. Worth a watch.
Some holes in the plot but does not take away anything from the final cut.

Great acting, specially from Akshaye Khanna and the supporting cast.

4/5
Worth a watch.
Old 18th September 2019, 01:22   #3377
BHPian

Saw Chhichhore on the weekend with family. We all really liked it. Fun college movie with a message on student pressures. I could relate to it with two kids, one in college and the other in the 10th.
Old 18th September 2019, 13:44   #3378
BHPian

Article 15

Better late than never. One of the best movie in the last couple of months. The story and performance kept my interests throughout the movie. Well directed and screenplay was good. Cinematography and Dialogues were good as well.

Ayushman was decent, could have done better. Aamir Khan would have been a good choice for such a movie. Still certain similar scenes of Sarforosh gives me goosebumps.

Rate: 4/5
Old 18th September 2019, 14:45   #3379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Saw Chhichhore on the weekend with family. We all really liked it. Fun college movie with a message on student pressures. I could relate to it with two kids, one in college and the other in the 10th.
Is it kid friendly? I have an eight year old.
Old 18th September 2019, 14:58   #3380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
There are plenty of sexual innuendos and references. So probably not.
Old 23rd September 2019, 19:04   #3381
Senior - BHPian

Dream Girl (4.5/5)

Amazingly funny movie after a long time. Some PG jokes sneaked in, but mostly a clean movie. I highly recommend it to see in theatre, enjoying the jokes with a crowd is great experience.

The lead actress is a let down though, I found her voice to be too shrill for the role. Someone sober with better timing would make the file even better. Anu Kapoor absolutely steals the show, and I am still laughing after 2 days remembering the witty dialogue exchange in last scene at his house
Old 24th September 2019, 10:49   #3382
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Watch it with your wife, or friends. Definitely not with parents or kids.
Old 24th September 2019, 11:31   #3383
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Saw Chhichhore last weekend with friends. Really enjoyed it. It turned out to be much better than what i expected. The supportive cast especially have done a good job.
Old 24th September 2019, 16:55   #3384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post

As an engineer who went to a hostel far off from home, I could relate to most of the scenes. The first scene was exactly how I had broken my collar bone just before my 1st semester exams.

Quote:

Definitely not!

I felt this picked up where 3 idiots left and I liked the whole messaging also. A very good movie.

Rating: 4/5
Old 24th September 2019, 21:07   #3385
BHPian

Movie - Dream Girl

Subjective Rating - 3 / 5

Good - Ayushmann Khurrana & Vijay Raaz

Could be worth a watch once. Does fit the bill of a romantic comedy. Some might appreciate it, but movies that try to fit in "social messages" are a bit of a turn-off for me.
Old 29th September 2019, 06:31   #3386
Distinguished - BHPian

Dream Girl (4/5)

Ayushman Khurana is on a roll! Supported by an amazing xast of actors, with the unbeatable Annu Kapoor playing a stellar supporting role, this is a movie to watch! Vijay Raaz however steals the show in whatever limited time he gets through the movie.

Hilariously funny throughout the movie with most of the cast doing a great job (except probably the actress who didn't have a lot to do), this is worth a watch - now in theaters or later once it arrives on Netflix or Amazon.
Old 29th September 2019, 10:46   #3387
BHPian

Saw Dream Girl last night and found it to be very fake and clichéd. Editing was such that it would jump from one funny scene to the next. The jokes did not seem to flow naturally to me. In my life this was the first movie I attempted to walk out of, only to return as my car was stuck in parking and I had no choice. Many in the audience were in splits and I guess one needs to be in the mood to tackle this movie.
Old 2nd October 2019, 22:59   #3388
Senior - BHPian

War - 3.5/5

Excellent cinematography ! All action sequences, aerial shots, and overall look and feel of the movie is great.

Action scenes are really good, if not as good as Fast and Furious or Transporter.

IMO, Hrithik and Tiger are the finest dancers in Bollywood in the current time. The "Jai Jai Shiv Shankar" song is simply outstanding in terms of choreography. Breathtaking dance moves by the duo. Take a bow!

Tiger outshines Hrithik in action scenes. He is the Tom Yum Going of India. However, Hrithik proves his seniority in acting department. For a change, female character is hardly present for 10-15 minutes, so no over the top romantic track and no additional romantic songs.

Story is good. 2nd half has a major twist in the story.

Obviously, there are some loopholes, but considering overall package, we can let go. Songs are forcefully squeezed in the narrative, but no complaints as Hrithik and Tiger's dancing skills are rocking.

Overall, surely worth a watch.
Old 11th October 2019, 15:43   #3389
BHPian

Watched Dream Girl and War back to back in Cinepolis here in Pune.

Dream Girl - 4/5

Excellent job by Ayushman Khurana and Anu Kapoor. Good supporting cast. I would have liked an out and out comedy without the burden of social messaging but sadly such movies are rare in India. Even so, a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

War - 3/5

We watched War immediately after Dream Girl. I thoroughly dislike emotional drama brought into a war movie although this is not a war movie per se. Very illogical sequences and the constant camera movement (specially those going in circles around the characters for ages) made me dizzy.

Although Hrithik and Tiger have done good. Both are excellent dancers.
Old 12th October 2019, 17:54   #3390
BANNED

Are there any Pay-Per-View options on DishTV or online for Hindi movies right after it's been released & before it premieres on TV? I want to watch Section 375 but it doesn't seem to be coming to any theatres near my place or comes one day a week. When is the earliest I can expect to watch this movie at home on TV or online.

Last edited by carboy : 12th October 2019 at 17:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks