Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2020, 11:17   #3481
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Gulabo Sitabo - Watched it over the weekend. It is good one time watch, though I won't rate it as a very spectacular movie due to a poor ending and a bit too stretched at times. But surely one can watch it over a weekend or so.

Rating - 2.5/5
Old 18th June 2020, 00:44   #3482
Distinguished - BHPian

Gulabo Sitabo

Wonderful film. Loved it thoroughly and enjoyed till the end. Reminded me of the stories of misers, crooked fellows & what-nots we used to read in books and short stories in our childhood.

Fantastic performances by the 2 leads and ably supported by the entire supporting cast, although it's Amitabh's film for the most part. The begum is the piece de resistance, though.

A nice, welcome change from the recent drab Bollywood has been churning out. I would love to watch it again.

* * * * stars
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 22:36   #3483
Distinguished - BHPian

Bulbbul

With a runtime of around a hour and half, this leaves an impact with you for at least 30 minutes after the end credits are over.

It's a very grim fairy tale but deeply rooted in horrific reality. Full marks to the cinematographer who has captured the actual essence of this gothic story with some beautiful blends of colours and angles - the night sequences shrouded in ominous, foreboding red in particular stand out.

I felt it needed a slightly stronger performance from it's two male leads, specially the guy who played Satya, to be truly worthy. The two female leads were good but Tripti Dimri was outstanding and easily steals the show.

Keep the kids away from this one.

* * * ½
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 02:06   #3484
Senior - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

I watched Sir (2018) a couple days back. It can be classified as a slow burning one. However, I liked the way its directed, casting, acting by the main actors and music is so wonderful. Not all may like it and rate it has high, I'd rate it 9/10 for the reason I like such movies close to real life, this one also talks about the conditioning we go through our lives, and how are we separated by different classes created by the society. A very good watch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7142506/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_1
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 01:07   #3485
BHPian

Watched 'Tu hi mera Sunday' on Netflix. It's an easy, funny and a soul-filling movie in these times.

3.5/5
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 20:14   #3486
Senior - BHPian

Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's Last Film 'Dil Bechara' will be premiered today at 7.30 PM on Disney+ Hotstar and the OTT platform has decided to make the film available for free viewing to all.

The Hindi Movies Thread-20200724_200932.jpg

https://www.hotstar.com/in/movies/di...60036017/watch
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 12:23   #3487
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Any reviews for Dil Bechara? Worth a watch or waste of time? IMDB has a stupendously high 9.6 rating, but I think its because of his recent demise.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 12:31   #3488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Any reviews for Dil Bechara? Worth a watch or waste of time? IMDB has a stupendously high 9.6 rating, but I think its because of his recent demise.
We watched it yesterday and loved it. Short movie and never felt dragging at any point in time. Very honest performance by Sushant Singh Rajput, other casts have also done justice. Felt ironic how the movie ended.

PS: I haven't watched the original movie but my wife had. She still loved every bit of it. As for me, it reminded me of 'Barfi', another movie which evoked similar thoughts.

Rating: 4/5
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 19:06   #3489
BHPian

Dil Bechara is a nice free flowing movie. Very well put together. Decent performances all around.
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 23:04   #3490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any reviews for Dil Bechara?
Fault of our Stars itself was overtly melodramatic. I don't need to tell you how the desi version will be
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 10:19   #3491
BHPian

"Choked: Paisa Bolta Hai" is a good watch. The actress was superb.

Spoiler alert - Do NOT read further if you plan to watch it.

I didn't quite get the physics behind the hide-black-money-in-the-drain logic. Wont the bundles pushed down the drain hole end up in city sewage / STP tank and lost forever. I saw the guy using some kinda filter, but how much of the stuff can it actually hold? Can someone who has seen this movie decipher this?
WindRide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 10:50   #3492
KPR
BANNED

Watched Chaman Bahar in Netflix. 3.5/5. Small town story with very good acting by almost all characters. A bit controversial subject though. But worth watching it. I saw this movie just for the actor Jitendra esp after his excellent performance in Panchayat series. His eyes just talk.
Old 28th July 2020, 23:36   #3493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Watched Chaman Bahar in Netflix. 3.5/5. Small town story with very good acting by almost all characters. A bit controversial subject though. But worth watching it. I saw this movie just for the actor Jitendra esp after his excellent performance in Panchayat series. His eyes just talk.
Thanks for the suggestion. Same as you watched this only for Jeetu bhaiya.
Do watch Jeetu bhaiya's TVF Pitchers and Kota Factory.
rajivr1612 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 23:48   #3494
BHPian

Quote:
I watched it on day of release on Hotstar. I did not like the movie. Will give it 3/10.

There did not appear to be any story at all. And the part of Saif Ali Khan was so ordinary. No connection felt.

Thankfully it was shorter in duration at 1hr40mins.
Old 29th July 2020, 00:49   #3495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I liked the guy, especially the way he played dhoni. So I enjoyed watching him on the screen again after he's gone. The end, especially, sort of spills out to real life. Remember watching Dark Knight, and it hitting you only at the end that Heath is dead? Somewhat similar. The story is well played out, though sobby and predictable, but worth a watch.

I'd rate it a 3.5/5.
If you liked Sushant, then it's a 4.5/5.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks