Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2020, 17:43   #3511
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Lootcase - 4/5

If you looking for some light hearted timepaas movie, watch this. Kunal khemu is good and overall movie is likeable.

It's on hotstar.
raksrules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 23:45   #3512
Senior - BHPian

LootCase: 4/5
I agree. The last time I laughed so much was when watching Bheja Fry and Khosla Ka Ghosla. And that was eons ago. Everyone has acted well
Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
If you looking for some light hearted timepaas movie, watch this. Kunal khemu is good and overall movie is likeable.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:56   #3513
BHPian

Lootcase - 4/5 is a really good fun to watch movie. Nothing extraordinary or dramatic about the film. just simple flowing story and the situational humour it creates.

Kunal Khemu is a natural actor and he proves it again. The other artists like Vijay Raaz, Ranvir Shorey and especially Gajraj Rao have acted really well. Would recommend this to the SITCOM lovers

Raat Akeli Hai - 4/5 Again a good suspense movie. while there is nothing new in the story as such, a typical murder mystery but the twists and turns keep you engaged.

The beginning is a little slow for first 10 minutes or so and you feel like whats happening. But then it builds up well. Nawazuddin as always is the centre of the film and Netflix's favourite Radhika Apte again does well. The general theme of the movie is little dark and most of the scenes have been shot in the night set up which may or may not be liked by all. its a good one time watch.

Kadakh - 3 / 5 Is a typical Rajat Kapoor style Dark comedy. Though I found just about ok this time. Almost entire film has been shot essentially in one house, a Diwali get-together in Ranvir Shorey's house.

There are lot of supporting casts like Kalki, Rajat Kapoor, Tara Sharma, Shruti Seth, Cyrus etc, But only Kalki and Rajat Kapoor look natural and at ease. Rest all are either overacting or have not got much to do.

I personally have seen better movies from Rajat kapoor so this was below par for me. Though you can watch it once for timepass .

Last edited by Prafful_Rathod : 3rd August 2020 at 12:58.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 13:41   #3514
Senior - BHPian

Watched Shakuntala Devi. 3/5 for me. Nothing great but just helped to know about her life and timelines.
Would blame the plethora of US series and their handling of script, art direction and nuanced acting styles. I think most of real stories and biopics in our country aren't that great. At the end of it, its still about a hit for the star etc !
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 23:52   #3515
Distinguished - BHPian

Dil Bechara

Mustered enough courage to finally watch it. A painful reminder of how talented Sushant really was (the transition from cheer to pain is just one of many examples).

Some memorable cinematographic moments linger in your thoughts as well - the view of the other side of the lake from the rusted bus's top rear seat, the city basking in the background, the automatic fountains in the park, etc.

Rest of the cast did well. The script and pacing was excellent, although it needed someone better than Saif to make his cameo memorable.

* * * ½
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 14:29   #3516
AZT
BHPian

Saw Karwaan (2018) on Amazon Prime starring DQ, Irrfan and debutante Mithila Palkar. Good movie, outstanding performance by Irrfan and some great music. Posting the album below.

Beautiful songs by Arijit Singh, Prateek Kuhad, Papon and Saba Azad. Track #1 and #6 are especially good.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 15:05   #3517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Saw Karwaan (2018) on Amazon Prime starring DQ, Irrfan and debutante Mithila Palkar. Good movie, outstanding performance by Irrfan and some great music. Posting the album below.

Beautiful songs by Arijit Singh, Prateek Kuhad, Papon and Saba Azad. Track #1 and #6 are especially good.
This was a good movie. I only watched it for Mithila Palkar.
You may also want to check out Chopsticks if you liked her, or are a fan of Abhay Deol.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 15:44   #3518
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
Raat Akeli Hai - 4/5 Again a good suspense movie. while there is nothing new in the story as such, a typical murder mystery but the twists and turns keep you engaged.
Watched it, but ended up getting terribly bored. I would give it 2 / 5 stars. After 45 minutes, I was struggling to even keep my eyes on the screen. At the 1 hour mark, I switched the TV off.

My sister however had strongly recommended a watch, so I guess this is one of those polarising flicks. Love it or hate it.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 15:50   #3519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Lootcase - 4/5

It's on hotstar.
Thanks. Watched it and was really refreshing. Kunal Khemu as done really well. Liked his natural act and compared to the so called stars, it was really good. Also, a movie that you could enjoy with family.
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 09:43   #3520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
This was a good movie. I only watched it for Mithila Palkar.
You may also want to check out Chopsticks if you liked her, or are a fan of Abhay Deol.
Agree both Karwaan and Chopsticks were really good (underrated) movies, but sadly not many people would know about such films as they have not been publicized on big budget.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 10:26   #3521
BHPian

Raat Akeli Hai 2/5 Stars

Looks like the Director Honey watched Knives Out just before making the movie. There are quite a few scenes which look 'inspired' from the movie. The plot revolves around the same as in Knives Out. Nawazuddin has acted well as always. Personally not a fan of Radhika Apte. One time watch if you are ok with a slow paced drama in the name of mystery.

Next in the watchlist: Shakuntala Devi & Lootcase.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 18:02   #3522
BHPian

Watched Gunjan Saxena, a movie about Kargil war veteran and IAF pilot. She was the only woman to be a part of Kargil war. It was a nice feel-good movie which can be watched with the family. The Pankaj Tripathi-Jhansi Kapoor duo acted really well and one would enjoy watching them on the screen. Don’t go by 3.1 rating on IMDB, go ahead and watch it on Netflix, it’s around 1hr 50 minutes long.

I would rate it 4/5.
sahil624 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 10:59   #3523
BHPian

Watched Gulabo Sitabo over the weekend. While the acting was on point by Amitabh Bachhan, Ayushman Khurana & Vijay Raaz (a massively underrated actor), for the love of Vishnu, I couldn't understand the point of the script and the storyline. The pacing of the movie was also a drab.

I wouldn't recommend it. Rating: 2.5/5
Old 13th August 2020, 12:19   #3524
Senior - BHPian

Gunjan Saxena:

4.5 out of 5

I am surprised how well Jhanvi Kapoor has acted, very good.

In some parts your blood will get boiling as to how sexist things in this country are, even when it comes to the army/air-force or even people at home.

Should definitely watch this movie
humyum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 13:24   #3525
Distinguished - BHPian

Gunjan Saxena: 4/5

This little movie of just under two hours is a gem for Pankaj Tripathi alone. One of the few films in recent times which keeps the jingoism and hysteria around the wars out and focuses on the aspects related to the movie. Surprise turn by Jhaanvi Kapoor and the movie stands out for the supporting cast of Vineet Singh and Manav Vij. Crisp watch and should be encouraged for sure despite all the nepotism talk.

Dharm : 4.5/5

Starring Pankaj Kapoor and Pankaj Tripathi among others is now available on Hotstar. Saw this moving film when it released way back and it is more than relevant now and should be watched by everyone. Superlative acting by all and is a must watch.

Music Teacher : 3/5

A rehash of the old ABHIMAAN but made in a subtle way treated differently. I saw the movie for the songs only and for Manav Kaul. Songs are the highlights though, specially Sambhal Rakhiyaan.

Most Viewed