Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2020, 21:48   #3556
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Ram Singh Charlie - A wonderful little gem now playing on SonyLiv starring Kumud Mishra and Divya Dutt. People who love good stories will certainly love to see and Kumud Mishra finally gets to show what a brilliant actor he is ....fantastic watch.

Mee-raq-sam- Another little movie with its heart at the right place and streaming on ZEE5. Starring Danish Hussain and a guest appearance by the great Naserruddin Shah is a story of human emotions and empathy in these turbulent times. The brilliant story of father- daughter relationship is a must watch.

Both the movies are highly recommended
Really! Actors like Kumud have been always been brilliant just that earlier such actors would not be getting so much of screen time. Jolly, Airlift, Thappad to name a few. Till Bollywood is stuck in the star system such brilliant actors will never be in limelight.

Though the name of awards have changed to best actor male and female the recipients continue to be the biggest stars not the best actors.

Very few actors like Naseerundin Shah, Om Puri, KK, Manoj Bajpayee, Irfan Khan etc. who are/were the finest actors of our era and also had mass appeal as well.

We as audience have to evolve a lot before someone like Saif Ali Khan is awarded for a Langda Tyagi in Omkara than for a Karan Kapoor in Hum Tum

Last edited by nibedk : 23rd October 2020 at 21:49. Reason: Correction
nibedk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 11:57   #3557
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
On other hand, a wonderful movie named Antardwand is now available on Prime video. The story is about groom kidnapping which is perhaps still prevalent in parts of India. Loved the movie when it released and is highly recommended for serious movie lovers.
Man, what a movie! My entire family thanks you for a wonderful watch . Loved the story, more so because its inspired by true events. Great performances even by the newbie / unknown actors.

Will easily rate Antardwand 4 / 5 stars. A bit slow & serious for the masala lovers though.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 09:04   #3558
Team-BHP Support

Saw Ludo on Netflix last night.

An anthology type movie; to start with, this movie doesn't have a strong storyline but Rajkumar Rao, Pankaj Tripathi and to some extent, Sanya Malhotra, Pearle Maaney have shone through. This movie will keep you entertained just enough that you don't want to switch it off but don't expect to be laughing all the time.

A few expletives here and there so can be a cautionary family watch.

3/5
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 16:41   #3559
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Saw Ludo on Netflix last night.

An anthology type movie; to start with, this movie doesn't have a strong storyline
You said it, man. Horrible storyline. Wasted 1 hour of my time. Will give it 2 / 5 stars at best.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 16:43   #3560
Senior - BHPian

Tried watching Laxmii on hotstar. What a crappy movie. I guess it was made to write off some black money as losses. No other reason can I think of. Why would Akshay kumar do such a movie is beyond me.

Avoid at all costs. I repeat AVOID

My rating: 0/5
SoumenD is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 00:10   #3561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You said it, man. Horrible storyline. Wasted 1 hour of my time. Will give it 2 / 5 stars at best.
Seconded
Watched it today. Started promisingly, then story just drifted away in all directions without any logic for main characters actions. Had more expectations considering the cast. Waste of time. Better skip it.
Will rate it 2/5 just for the effort made by the star cast to save the non existent script.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 00:15   #3562
BHPian

Chhalang

Available on Amazon Prime.

I would rate it 3/5. It is a good watch but looks like a mixture of a few already released movies like Dangal and Chhichore at some points.

Last edited by sv97 : 14th November 2020 at 00:17.
sv97 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 20:24   #3563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Chhalang

Available on Amazon Prime.

I would rate it 3/5. It is a good watch but looks like a mixture of a few already released movies like Dangal and Chhichore at some points.
I second that rating, watched it last night. A very run-off-the-mill storyline; viewers are just expected to follow as there are apparent gaps. A decent one-time family watch (expletives are beeped).
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 10:43   #3564
Distinguished - BHPian

Ludo - 2020

Nothing more to comment. Others echoed my thoughts. Started off well, but then it was a downhill. 2 hours 30 mins looked like a lot and the movie never ends.

Rating - 1/5

PS - There are many similar stories where different people's lives are interlinked. Maanagaram (Tamil) was something similar but that was brilliant.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 06:16   #3565
Senior - BHPian

Ludo: Avoid.

If you want one reason to watch it: Rajkumar Rao.

If you want a reason to not watch it: The rest of the movie essentially.
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 09:13   #3566
BHPian

Watched 'Gulabo Sitabo' last week on TV, Big B what an actor, how well he pulls off these roles at his age.

Related a lot to this movie, having studied in Lucknow, the Urdu/Awadhi dialect was nostalgic.

A must watch.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 21:57   #3567
BHPian

Watched an amazingly hilarious movie: Bahut Hua Samman

Rating: 4/5

A must watch one who likes satirical comedies. Brings back to the gold old days of Jaane Bhi Do yaron. Two mechanical engineers Raghav Juyal and Abhishek Chohan (Cubicles,TVF) go on adventure with a heist on suggestion with Sanjay Mishra! Just too good. Mazaa aa gaya!

Nidhi Singh is amazing!

Film has ton of profanities and also a note to keep your eyes open!

My recommendation: Must Watch!

The Hindi Movies Thread-bahuthuasamman.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Tried watching Laxmii on hotstar. What a crappy movie. I guess it was made to write off some black money as losses. No other reason can I think of. Why would Akshay kumar do such a movie is beyond me.

Avoid at all costs. I repeat AVOID

My rating: 0/5
Its funny that blockbusters (of sort are being dumped) and smaller movies making awesome impact i.e Lootcase ,Bahut Hua Samman. I am loving this transition to meaningful movies.

Yes. Laxmi - Totally Avoid!
Fraz33r is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 13:29   #3568
BHPian

The Hindi Movies Thread-karwaan.jpeg

Karwaan - What a gem of a movie, glad I watched it even though late.

Articulate dialogues, non cliched screenplay, thoughtful direction and superb acting by all of the cast.

Irrfan was brilliant as usual portraying the likeable eccentricity, Mithila Palkar held up well too, however the soul of the movie is definitely Dulquer Salmaan.
Such nuanced acting and effortless screen presence, the scenes in the later half of the movie were he realizes that he is turning into someone he despises is a masterclass in acting. The character arc is very well handled and eventually all the characters connect the dots to a satisfying end.

Soulful music too, loved the Chota Sa Fasana track. Beautiful cinematography too.

Rating: 4/5, don't miss this gem. Please catch it on Amazon Prime.

On the other side, it saddens me on the abilities of our so called Bollywood starlets who push out substandard and staid work and the publicity machinery which peddles them as superstars. I rarely see Bollywood films on the big screen, most of them suck, regret having missed the chance to see Karwaan though.
trek is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 23:26   #3569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Watched an amazingly hilarious movie: Bahut Hua Samman
Agree completely, a satirical movie laced with many familiar slogans of the present times. The movie would have certainly caught the fancy of some ban mafia had the star cast been different !! Loved every bit of it, movies like these are the need of the hour. Although little slow to pick up steam, but once it does, simply fantastic specially towards the climax.

On another note, watched another masterful Sharib Hashmi performance. Darbaan playing on ZEE5. A Rabindranath Tagore tale well told without going too deep. Beautiful soundtrack is the added bonus. Wonderful watch.

Great admirer of Sharib Hashmi’s work ever since I saw Filmistaan some year’s back. The movie won the National Award for best Hindi feature film too. Must be on some streaming site for sure.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 5th December 2020 at 23:28.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 09:58   #3570
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Man, what a movie! My entire family thanks you for a wonderful watch . Loved the story, more so because its inspired by true events. Great performances even by the newbie / unknown actors.

Will easily rate Antardwand 4 / 5 stars. A bit slow & serious for the masala lovers though.
I found it to be a depressing movie, none of the characters ended up happy. 1/5 for me. Reminded me of Shoojit Sircar's "October" featuring Varun Dhawan.

And I am not a masala movie lover.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks