Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 15:54   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
All The Best:-

The beginning part of the movie is quite boring and has the lamest jokes. But the movie picks up when Sanjay Dutt enters. Pre Interval and some part of post interval is hilarious. Ajay & Sanjay are brilliant though i would have preferred Ritesh Deshmukh for Fardeen s role. Bipasha was horrible!!

The songs are more horrible than Bipasha. I would'nt mind watching this movie once more ( not anymore after that)

Rating : 3/5

Would have given 3.5 had the starting part been better .
Bang on. My review is more or less the same

Saw " All the Best" on Friday in a theatre. I went with least expectations with some of your scaring my pants away.

I have to confess, i was pleasantly suprised with this movie :-

1. Sanjay and Ajay are the heart of the movie. Hilarious timing and for a change Sanju baba looked good ( read : lost quite some weight)

2. Fardeen just did a repeat of No Entry. But, he kinds of carries of this role

3. Bipasha and Mugdha have absolutely nothing to do.

4. My hero for this movie was "Sanjay Mishra"--Guy who rents out Fardeen's bunglow, a support actor who was fantastically hilarious. Just see this movie for him. Also, Johnny Lever after a long time got a decent role and his comedy timing at the end of the movie ( when he gets his voice back) is out of this world. Some scenes with Asrani is also laugh a riot !!!

Mind you, its a mindless and slapstic comedy but, i didnt forcefully laugh. Had a great time opening up my lungs after a long time.

Like Karan said, i dont mind seeing this movie for a 2nd time.

Guys, do check it out, it surely will tickle you a bit if not all over

3.5/5

Last edited by bblost : 26th October 2009 at 15:56. Reason: extra smiley deleted
Old 26th October 2009, 17:16   #452
Team-BHP Support

And the award for the Worst Ever Promo goes to All The Best

Why ?

Coz the movie is frigging HOWLARIOUS !!! And the promo almost made me not to watch the movie. I can safely say that I laughed as much, if not more, while watch ATB as I did when I was watching hangover.

Its a clean comedy to be watched with the family, full of PJs and humour invoked through characterization. A laugh a minute riot (after the first 20 min), watch the movie if you enjoy this kind of humour. If you liked hera pheri, golmaal, 123 etc you will love this.
3.75 stars

Gautam - DO NOT MISS THIS ONE !
Old 26th October 2009, 17:36   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
And the award for the Worst Ever Promo goes to All The Best

Why ?

Coz the movie is frigging HOWLARIOUS !!!Gautam - DO NOT MISS THIS ONE !
Eddy I did not, check below - we actually almost matched the rating for a movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
All The Best

I went in expecting a repeat of Golmaal Returns. The movie is similar to Golmaal Returns.

This is about 2 good for nothing friends Ajay and Fardeen, lying to Fardeen's brother Sanjay Dutt to get some pocket money for themselves and their gf's. The surprise is when the brother lands up at the home and thrown in with a few comic characters like a goon played by Johnny Lever etc.

I founf a few jokes to be tired but overall the comic timing fo all 3 lead actors was superb - Ajay Devgan rocks and Sanjay Dutt is competent while Fardeen has improved in the comic scenes. Bipasha Basu is wasted while Mugdha Godse is AWFUL !

The songs suck and the only 2 action scenes are tiresome.

Verdict - 3.5 / 5.
It's a loony, no brains required, OTT, silly humour - I loved it. I would say you guys catch it too.
Old 26th October 2009, 17:38   #454
BHPian

Bandh Darwaza

Bandh Darwaza:

Saw this 1990's hindi horror cult classic from Ramsay Brothers on cable. I really dont remember, if it was sony or some other showing it as the Friday Horror Blockbuster Movie of the Month.

Well like all RBrothers movie, this had the same plot which was part of all the movies made during that time.

The movie was actually very funny despite the directors trying to make it as scary as possible. Highly recommended if you have had a bad day at work and it would be something to watch and have a hearty laugh before going to sleep!

The cast comprises of the same old gang of actors from Ramsay camp, nothing new to look for..

The story in a nutshell (read at your own risk)

This movie is about a young couple who want a child badly but the wife is unable to conceive, that is, until she takes the advice of one of her evil house servants and goes to Black Mountain and promises her first child (if it's a girl) to this vampire monster that lives there. Now I ask you, no matter how desperate you are to have a kid, WHY would you do this? Because, of course, the woman does have a beautiful girl child, and of course it must go the The Master, the dude with the glowing red eyes and the nasty Halloween mask on the mountain. But even though mom has been poisoned, Dad isn't about to give up his little girl to this thing and so he does battle with it and kills it, or at least slows it down enough to where his daughter can grow up to be its victim again.
As with most older Bollywood movies, we have segments of horror broken up by musical interludes and even some comedy, some of which works and some just doesn't. I guess this was the last of the Ramsay Bros. "serious" horror films and it kind of shows.

Rating:

19 yrs ago: 7/10
Now: -7/10
Attached Thumbnails
The Hindi Movies Thread-images.jpg  

Old 26th October 2009, 17:43   #455
Team-BHP Support

@ Gautam: Missed your review, I dunno how. Else would have caught the movie earlier.

@ RuffRyder: I had almost similar review for Veerana that I saw recently. It scared me when I watched it as a kid (alone in the house at night) but found it funny now. But I love Satish Shah in the movie
Old 26th October 2009, 17:58   #456
Senior - BHPian

Watched two movies on Sunday

Wake Up Sid

- Brilliant performances by everyone but I have one question Why did they make this movie that too why Karan Johar? Through out the movie it reminds your of Dil Chahta hai + Lakshya + other youth movies. There is nothing new in the movie.

2.5/5

Blue

Again nice shooting at good locales but lame storyline & pathetic direction & same question why did they make this movie

1/5
Old 26th October 2009, 18:41   #457
Senior - BHPian

@Eddy, gautam, Mobike, Karan-
I also watched All d best this saturday and my review is exactly like all of yours(including rating).

I agree with you 'Eddy'. i watched Blue last 2 last weekend just cos all the best promos looked least promising and watched this weekend cos had no other movie to see and what a surprise!

Sanjay Mishra indeed is really awesome.
I rem another movie i guess was ' one two three' in which Sanjay Mishra was equally good as a comic actor.

@Technocrat-
Is that 1 rating for Lara cos nothing else was worth watching

Last edited by harry10 : 26th October 2009 at 18:43.
Old 27th October 2009, 13:52   #458
Senior - BHPian

LOL Yeah 1 rating for Lara + Underwater shots during title

Btw forget to mention Sanjay Dutt looks OLD in blue
Old 27th October 2009, 15:15   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
LOL Yeah 1 rating for Lara + Underwater shots during title

Btw forget to mention Sanjay Dutt looks OLD in blue
OLD +FAT+DISINTERESTED IN ACTING!!
Old 27th October 2009, 15:24   #460
Senior - BHPian

Ok I stand corrected you have put it exactly how it feels about Sanjay's performance in Biloo
Old 27th October 2009, 15:45   #461
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Ok I stand corrected you have put it exactly how it feels about Sanjay's performance in Biloo
You mean Biloo the Barber?
Old 27th October 2009, 16:25   #462
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
You mean Biloo the Barber?
LOL. You should listen to the way the singer pronounces "Blue" in the title song - Bilooo.

I heard it on FM while driving home and couldn't stop laughing.

When I first saw that giggy whatever song on TV, i remember telling my wife look at Sanjay Dutt, he is like what am I doing here? why am i here?Totally uninterested. LOL
Old 27th October 2009, 16:57   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
LOL. You should listen to the way the singer pronounces "Blue" in the title song - Bilooo.

I heard it on FM while driving home and couldn't stop laughing.
and I was thinking that I was the only one with a bad hearing ;-). It's Bulueeeeeuuuu.
Old 27th October 2009, 17:49   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
and I was thinking that I was the only one with a bad hearing ;-). It's Bulueeeeeuuuu.
I think only we guys here are discussing Blueeeeeeuuu.
Most people have already forgotten there was any such movie
Old 27th October 2009, 18:21   #465
Team-BHP Support

Whats next on the watchlist ?

How many of you think Alladin will be interesting ? Or will it be like Sawariya ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks