Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 15:33   #481
Team-BHP Support

Gayi bhains paani main ! (The buffalo has gone inside the water )

Alladin and London Dreams have got pathetic reviews. So both go out of my to watch list !
Old 30th October 2009, 15:40   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Alladin and London Dreams have got pathetic reviews. So both go out of my to watch list !
I will be skipping them too. I will go watch the Michael Jackson This Is It feature instead.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:52   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

EDDY - You are a ditcher man
TOI has 2 stars for alladin so am skipping dat for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I will be skipping them too. I will go watch the Michael Jackson This Is It feature instead.
When are you seeing it dippy. It has got 4 stars in TOI and am a huge fan of MJ so will try to check it out as well.
Old 30th October 2009, 22:24   #484
BHPian

where have all the brave guys gone .none is willing to risk their sanity to watch aladin and london dreams .in had promised my kids to show them aladin .guess i will have to back out .

what about radio.
Old 30th October 2009, 23:18   #485
BHPian

I saw Aladin at inox today - i am not sure why the theatre was only half full!

A very well made movie - a good showcase of cgi. The story is also nice. Only thing was 1-2 songs too many - but otherwise I enjoyed the movie. Its a good modern version of aladin

3.5/5

Radio - are they buddies buddies or **** buddies let me know who watches this one!

Last edited by jassi : 30th October 2009 at 23:20.
Old 1st November 2009, 10:31   #486
Senior - BHPian

Eddy ? You actually watch movies based on reviews in newspapers / tv ?
Old 1st November 2009, 10:47   #487
Team-BHP Support

Not when they are divided, like good on rediff and bad on indiatimes. Then I watch it nevertheless. But really, after Tashan, CC2C, Singh is King etc I have decided to avoid all movies that are given a universal crap rating. Eg: I avoided Blue. Recession times and hectic times at work means that I get to watch selected ones, at least till December.
Old 1st November 2009, 12:17   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Eddy, Singh is Kingg cannot be compared to crap like Tashan,CC2, Blue etc.

I thought it was much better movie with some great songs.
Old 1st November 2009, 19:18   #489
Senior - BHPian

LONDON DREAMS -

Ok, did the unthinkable and went for the 4 PM show, just finished 15 minutes back and here I am giving my review.

Movie starts with a good promise and a great english song - I think wow it's going to be a nice movie.

Then comes the typical Indian Movie humour which we try to laugh at.

The movie becomes horribly boring after the first half and to a certain extent I feel like leaving it right then and there and head home. But something in my head says to watch it till the end - What a disaster !!!!

The movie is about a band London dreams which is Ajay Devgan's - he calls his childhood buddy Salman to London and Salman suddenly seams to be robbing Ajay of his fame and love. Ajay gets jealous and takes revenge. Etc Etc - gives him druga - makes him an addict on a few days and Salman even goes to a rehab centre !!

The movie is stupid, boring and I fail to understand why good actors like Salman, Ajay acted in this ??

Asin is wasted and Rannvijay ( No Comments !! for his acting ) - he is good for hosting Roadies and should stick to that - how he landed up a role in this movie is a big surprise !!! The other bloke with a funny hairdo is also not worth mentioning.

Music is horrible and untolerable except the one song - Khanabanoush which is ok.

Rating - 1.5 / 5 and that is only given for Salman's absolutely fantastic acting.

By the way half the hall went away 20 minutes before the movie finished.

Last edited by vkochar : 1st November 2009 at 19:20.
Old 4th November 2009, 19:51   #490
Senior - BHPian

Booked tickets for 'Ajab prem ki gajab kahani' for sat without checking reviews.
Hope this one is good enough
Old 7th November 2009, 12:20   #491
Senior - BHPian

Ajab Prem ki Gazab Kahani

Watched this movie yesterday and came back with a mild headache.

The production values of this movie are tacky to say the least - in 2009, 80% of the movie is shot on sets !! The songs are shot on outdoor locations.

The story is pretty lame and familiar - a guy falls in love with a orphan girl with her step-mom who is right out of the 80's. The girl loves some one else and how they realise their feelings for each other is the movie.

Ranbir is the heart and soul of the movie - puts in an earnest performance though he goes into his Sawaariya mode where he gets irritating. Overall he pulls off the performance of the movie. Kat is an Christian girl which suits her accent just fine and she looks stunning. Rest of the cast - including Ranbir's friends and support cast are third rate.

There are a few scenes where you will laugh your guts out (the dance sequence where Ranbir is SUPERB) is one of the highlights. The humour is forced and the director has tried to make a Andaz Apna Apna kind of movie (there are references all over in this movie). If you liked AAA, you would either love it this or hate this. I hated this one.

Verdict - 1.5/5
Old 7th November 2009, 12:35   #492
Senior - BHPian

Gautam - I am going to go by your review and not watch APGK.

Although I am looking forward to JAIL. Anyone seen it ?
Old 7th November 2009, 12:52   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Gautam - I am going to go by your review and not watch APGK.

Although I am looking forward to JAIL. Anyone seen it ?
Haven't seen Jail yet. DOn't want to see it too - Neil Mukesh and Mugda Godse - YUCK !

btw - I have to say this - Ranbir is turning out to be a very fine actor. Also he is choosing the right (read different) kinds of scripts and the best of banners. The Kapoor tag helps but it's his acting prowess in the end that will sustain him.
Old 8th November 2009, 01:31   #494
Senior - BHPian

Ok. I watched Ajab Prem... in the evening and I enjoyed watching this one more than I did watching Wake Up, The movie doesn't have a foolproof script but it's not boring. Except for certain cliche emotional scenes and songs!

But certain scenes are hilarious to the hilt! The scene where Ranbir goes to work or the other one where he asks his father to repeat a dialogue will leave your guts aching from laughing!

The movie belongs to Ranbir Kapoor, all the way. He's proving out to be a brilliant actor.

I would rate this one at 3/5.

Last edited by safari_lover : 8th November 2009 at 01:40.
Old 8th November 2009, 10:43   #495
BHPian

Ajab Prem... is completely Ranbir Kapoor's movie. This guy is really versatile. Kat looked ravishing througout the movie. But the story was predictable right from the start. Some comic stuff & witty one-liners thrown in did make the audience laugh but the 2nd half was more like the director was rushing to finish the movie. Like the scene at the Don's den which was boring & very lame. The climax was equally weak & so predictable that people were just waiting for it to get over and leave the theatres.

1.5 for Ranbir, .5 for Kat, .5 for the comedy.
Overall: 2.5 / 5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks