Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 12:11   #571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I think another really funny scene was when they had to submit the exam papers and Rancho "Kya Aap Jante Hai Hum Kaun Hai?"

Thats picked up from an English movie, can't remember the name now.

Actually the whole movie is filled with such short laughter bursts.
Old 29th December 2009, 14:15   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Thats picked up from an English movie, can't remember the name now.

Actually the whole movie is filled with such short laughter bursts.
Please let me know the name. I'll definitely watch that one.
Old 29th December 2009, 16:14   #573
Senior - BHPian

watched rocket singh.
A so-so movie with a big plot hole. Who will try that stupid stunt. If I were him i would have resigned from the company after the first or second order, take the girlfriends office space and phone number, and still retain the company guy as partner to get more clients, that is definitely fair in business. Who will wait to be discovered,

And why would they use the same company number. all external company hunting numbers are listed, Its the internal that are left unsued. Havn't they heard about tata and reliance dabba that has numbers similar to local land line. Think people! Think!

Bollywood people, what we need is research. Acting by all the actors are great especially ranbir.
Old 31st December 2009, 11:31   #574
BHPian

In 3 Idiots:
Whoever thought it was a good idea to show them travelling on a road from some western country instead of images from the actual route when Madhavan, Joshi and the other guy were going to Shimla to meet Aamir, is the real idiot. They couldn't even do a good job doctoring the car onto the road and make it look realistic. You can relive that stupidity from 1:35 to 1:38 here
Watch the movie for the full version
Old 1st January 2010, 14:17   #575
BHPian

^yeah thats right; i was like...uh most roads in india dont have that clean double yellow line in the middle and that tarmac looked wayyy too new
Old 1st January 2010, 18:22   #576
Senior - BHPian

3 idiots - cool movie

saw 3 idiots a couple of days.

it a good inspirational movie with good theme. One-liners are awesome. There are some really hilarious scenes. Just couldn't digest the baby delivery scenes. that was a bit over the top. acting by all is fantastic. especially the 4 main characters. loved it. the inspiration from FPS can be drawn in some scenes. but its not copied. which is a good thing.

can definitely say its movie of the year.

would give 4/5 . the baby delivery scene and songs are a big letdown.
Old 2nd January 2010, 06:15   #577
Senior - BHPian

3-Idiots : The jokes were not very new, but execution was perfect. Made for an entertaining watch nevertheless, hence gets 3.5/5 from me.

It seems to have stirred up a bit of a controversy here :

A book, a film and the truth Chetan Bhagat | Official Website
Old 2nd January 2010, 07:13   #578
Senior - BHPian

3 idiots was the best movie from last year. But I wonder if any T-BHPian noticed the mistake about Chatur's car?

While showing picture of a Lamborghini Diablo, he says "my new Lamborghini, 6496 cc !!!"

As far as I know, Lamborghini Diablo had 5.7 lt engine and Diablo GT had 6 lt V12 engine. I noted this mistake instantaneously.
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:30   #579
BHPian

Year-end watch:

1. 3 Idiots. For the first time in many years I had failed to get a current booking for a night show; that too in 3 different theatres. In single screen theatres I noticed that the costlier tickets vanished much sooner. On the 4th attempt I got Rs.70 tickets for myself and our family, which happened to be the cheapest class in the balcony. It's still running to packed houses in my city. The message that the movie tries to put across is very topical and seems to have positive impact on the audience. The oversimplified/loud way of portrayal is not quite to my liking but I didn't mind in this movie's case.

My rating: 3.5/5

2. Paanch. A preview copy of Anurag Kashyap's debut movie, not cleared by Indian Censor Board for public release, was downloaded from the net. This movie marked the debut of Kay Kay Menon and a few other good actors too. Kashyap tries to tell a story in the style of The Usual Suspects. The acting of the whole cast was good but the direction seemed rather amateurish overall with flashes of brilliance in some isolated scenes.

My rating: 2.5/5
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:10   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho View Post
In 3 Idiots:
Whoever thought it was a good idea to show them travelling on a road from some western country instead of images from the actual route when Madhavan, Joshi and the other guy were going to Shimla to meet Aamir, is the real idiot. They couldn't even do a good job doctoring the car onto the road and make it look realistic. You can relive that stupidity from 1:35 to 1:38 here
Watch the movie for the full version
When they started for Shimla, they were actually showing the road to manali with the beas flowing alongside. The curved road(small clip) which you are talking about is actually the only actual road enroute to Shimla. Others is mostly from road to manali including the tunnel and then roads to leh-ladakh. Himachal does not have a wide rail network therefore some of the roads are well made and maintained.

Those are actually Indian roads.
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:19   #581
BHPian

Blue should be avoided as it is boring. :(
Old 2nd January 2010, 21:37   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
When they started for Shimla, they were actually showing the road to manali with the beas flowing alongside. The curved road(small clip) which you are talking about is actually the only actual road enroute to Shimla. Others is mostly from road to manali including the tunnel and then roads to leh-ladakh. Himachal does not have a wide rail network therefore some of the roads are well made and maintained.

Those are actually Indian roads.
I am sure HP has some great roads and most road scenes from the movie were of Indian roads. But I have a hard time believing the road I am talking about is Indian. Specially because the car was clearly not real.
Old 3rd January 2010, 11:21   #583
BHPian

The Stone Man Murders made in 2009 was a very good spine chilling movie.
Old 4th January 2010, 17:36   #584
Senior - BHPian

Watched 3 idiots yesterday. The movie has it's funny moments and a definitely a watchable movie. Nothing great as the hype is making it out to be though.
Another thing I'm unable to understand that why the producers are making a mockery of themselves by saying that the movie is only 3-6% similar to the book(Five point someone). The whole story of the college days (and that's where the movie lies anyway) have FPS written all over it.

BTW, have you guys noticed that some of the roads shown are actually the Nimmu-Leh road which you don't get when you travel from Manali side?
Old 5th January 2010, 01:19   #585
Senior - BHPian

Another one to watch 3-idiots, and loved every bit of it.
My favorite part was 'Silencer' giving his speech on stage! Watched the scene 3 times, and I had severe pain in my abs & my cheek muscles almost cramped!

Most Viewed