Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2010, 13:47   #661
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Hey Dude,

I plan to watch the movie tonight buit mirror gave it a 1/5 review and says that the effects are crap. the review makes comparisons with Casper the friendly ghost and Vikram Betaal!

The thing is that being a hardcore horror buff, nothing peeves me off like a crap horror movie. Is this worth a watch or should I skip it?
Well, I have seen Shutter. So abviously, the effects, feel of entire movie looked crap to me. But, being a fan of this genre, i search for the positives in every movie.

As mentioned, entire movie feel is shoddy but there are a few scenes which was a bit scary.

Some comparisons to Casper and Vikram Betal is not totally wrong

If you have something better to do, skip it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
^^ I too am a fan of this genre. Just for reference, which do you think is the best Hindi movie belonging to this genre ?
I dont think i liked any in Hindi. However, there was a movie called "Raat" that was one of the better movies in Hindi. IIRC, the telugu version was even better.

Quote:
What are your views about 13B ?
I loved this movie. Unique script, fantastically executed, no loud scary noises just before they jump you. Great Climax as well

Obviously such movies dont do well at BO
Old 20th February 2010, 14:00   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I dont think i liked any in Hindi. However, there was a movie called "Raat" that was one of the better movies in Hindi. IIRC, the telugu version was even better.
I agree with you. Raat has to be one of the best Indian Horror movies. There are a few others worth mentioning:

1. Ho Sakta Hai (Very well made movie dealing with witchcraft and black magic in rural India)

2.Vastu Shastra - Loved the first 3 quarters of the film the climax wasn't as strong but wasn't bad either.

3. 13 B - Another good movie, a must watch!

4. Veerana - This movie used to scare the crap out of me when I was in school. One of the scariest movies that the Ramsay's have made.

5. Purana Mandir - Another movie that terrified me when I was a kid. It does have a campy feel to it but has a very chilling atmosphere, good direction and some neat makeup and effects.
Old 20th February 2010, 14:00   #663
Team-BHP Support

Mobike: I know your views from your earlier posts. Was asking wolfheart

If he says that he did not like 13B, I would have asked him to skip Click. Had he liked it (like you and I), there was some hope

Edit: Seeing wolfy's response, he and I are totally in sync with the horror movie reviews. "Ho Sakta Hai" is now on my to-see list.

Last edited by Eddy : 20th February 2010 at 14:02.
Old 20th February 2010, 15:11   #664
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone who loves this genre says he didnt like 13B, needs his head examined

Btw, Just remembered a couple more flicks. Not able to recall the names right now, i think both were from RGV

1. ( Ajay Devgan & Urmila Matondkar) who move into a new apartment. This movie too was quite well made and there were quite a few scenes that will make you jump out of your skin

2. Not a horror movie in real sense, but one of the best gripping Hindi thriller movies i ever saw.

This movie had Urmila, Manoj Bajpai and Sushant ( RGV Favorite). Manoj gets stranded and knocks a door and greeted by Urmila and what ensues later is absolutely rocking.

I would rate this movie as one of the most confusing and unxpected in terms of twist and final climax
Old 20th February 2010, 16:17   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Btw, Just remembered a couple more flicks. Not able to recall the names right now, i think both were from RGV

1. ( Ajay Devgan & Urmila Matondkar) who move into a new apartment. This movie too was quite well made and there were quite a few scenes that will make you jump out of your skin

2. Not a horror movie in real sense, but one of the best gripping Hindi thriller movies i ever saw.

This movie had Urmila, Manoj Bajpai and Sushant ( RGV Favorite). Manoj gets stranded and knocks a door and greeted by Urmila and what ensues later is absolutely rocking.

I would rate this movie as one of the most confusing and unxpected in terms of twist and final climax
Movie 1 : The name is BHOOT. One of my fav horror movies from Bolly. Very good acting by Urmila. Inspired from Exorcist.

Movie 2: The name is KAUN. I liked its background score and has good acting by leads. The climax and suspense is worth applauding. one of the finest to come from RGV Factory
Old 20th February 2010, 16:57   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Movie 1 : The name is BHOOT. One of my fav horror movies from Bolly. Very good acting by Urmila. Inspired from Exorcist.

Movie 2: The name is KAUN. I liked its background score and has good acting by leads. The climax and suspense is worth applauding. one of the finest to come from RGV Factory
Bang on Chevelle, those are the movies that i was referring to
Old 21st February 2010, 07:59   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post

KAUN, fantastic movie it was. i loved Urmilas acting.

Last edited by Eddy : 21st February 2010 at 10:56. Reason: No piracy discussions allowed.
Old 21st February 2010, 14:32   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Edit: Seeing wolfy's response, he and I are totally in sync with the horror movie reviews. "Ho Sakta Hai" is now on my to-see list.
Hey Eddy,

Don't approach "Ho Sakta Hai" with very high expectations. It's not typical horror with frights but a suspenseful thriller abouth witchcraft in rural areas. As is the case with good movies, it was totally ignored at the box office.

BTW did anyone enjoy "Jungle" made by RGV? I think it was one of the coolest movies made by him.

Last edited by Wolfheart : 21st February 2010 at 14:37.
Old 21st February 2010, 19:47   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW did anyone enjoy "Jungle" made by RGV? I think it was one of the coolest movies made by him.

I liked that movie too. It was quite gripping. The songs were good too. Loved the song 'Pehli baar' and 'Do pyar karnewale'.
Old 21st February 2010, 20:23   #670
Senior - BHPian

I agree with all regarding 'Bhoot' and 'kaun'. RGV later forgot how to make good movies .
Specially the mirror scene in bhoot made me jump from my seat and ya thats rare!!

To be honest shutter wasn't too great either. thought its hindi movies thread however just wanna mention 'Evil dead' was one horror movie which used to make me chill at that time!
Old 21st February 2010, 20:56   #671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey Eddy,

Don't approach "Ho Sakta Hai" with very high expectations. It's not typical horror with frights but a suspenseful thriller abouth witchcraft in rural areas. As is the case with good movies, it was totally ignored at the box office.

Thats okay. Got nothing to lose, the moser baer VCD costs 34 bucks
Old 21st February 2010, 21:19   #672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are you referring to the latest edition of RGV with his nance ( Nishan Khothari) which is similar to Khamosh wherein all actors go for shooting in a jungle?

Well, my view was it was crap coming from RGV factory. No head or tail. In the end, we dont even know what they are scared of. I can gather they wanted to do a "Predator" but, atleast in predator they showed the antagonist.

Well, talking about Predator. That again is one of my favorite Arnie movie, collectors item

Quote:
Thats okay. Got nothing to lose, the moser baer VCD costs 34 bucks
You have better quality source. Moser Baer CD's suck. Like a nerd, i bought a couple of dozen from Pallika Bazar in Delhi and after just watching one, i threw the entire lot in trash
Old 21st February 2010, 21:26   #673
Team-BHP Support

The movie you are talking about is Agyaat and it sucked big time. Jungle was loosely inspired by Veerappan.

Regd, Moser Baer, I dont think I have a choice for "Ho Sakta Hai". :(
Old 21st February 2010, 21:32   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The movie you are talking about is Agyaat and it sucked big time. Jungle was loosely inspired by Veerappan.(
Ok cool. Jungle is the one with Ajay Devgan in that black attire with Vivek Oberoi? I think that was pretty decent.

But, i dont know why SRK had to have a special appearance in that movie for a song?
Old 21st February 2010, 21:52   #675
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ok cool. Jungle is the one with Ajay Devgan in that black attire with Vivek Oberoi? I think that was pretty decent.

But, i dont know why SRK had to have a special appearance in that movie for a song?

That is Kaal, not jungle.

Jungle starred Fardeen Khan & Sunil Shetty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks