Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:55   #856
Senior - BHPian

Watched HouseFull

Yay the Mindless yet not vulgar comedies are back. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie, Went in with least expectations & probably thats what worked Lara looks Hot, Ritesh Deshmukh over the past few films is turning out to be a fine actor. Akshay is in his normal funny avatar. Arjun Rampal has small yet good role. Boman is fine nothing extra ordinary. Chunky Pandey has some funny scenes.

The story is about Akshay who so unlucky that wherever he goes & who ever he meets, things start going wrong. He is told that his bad luck will go away if he friends true love, this is the whole plot with some madness thrown in.

Rating - 3/5
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:06   #857
BHPian

saw maharathi in the weekend, i really enjoyed the plot. would recomend
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:09   #858
Team-BHP Support

I would give houseful 1/5. What a waste of 320rs, or rather 430rs if you count the snacks and parking.
Should have watched the 70rs morning show instead.
The movie does have funny moments, but they are far and few. Many scenes supposed to be slapstick humor are not even slapstick or funny.
Comic timing is totally off in some scenes. for a change Ritesh deshmukh has done a better job than akshay.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:54   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched HouseFull

Yay the Mindless yet not vulgar comedies are back. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie, Went in with least expectations & probably thats what worked Lara looks Hot, Ritesh Deshmukh over the past few films is turning out to be a fine actor. Akshay is in his normal funny avatar. Arjun Rampal has small yet good role. Boman is fine nothing extra ordinary. Chunky Pandey has some funny scenes.

The story is about Akshay who so unlucky that wherever he goes & who ever he meets, things start going wrong. He is told that his bad luck will go away if he friends true love, this is the whole plot with some madness thrown in.

Rating - 3/5
I loved every minute of it. 5/5 from me, if only for the non stop humor and the vision that is Deepika Padukone. I litterally was drooling at her non stop, i swear if that woman touches wood or any substance it would catch on fire . It was a like a double blind situation in the 2nd half of the movie. I figured the second half would be the funnier part, lol. The scene when akshay and ritesh get electrocuted and start dancing with the breakers/beat girls and boys was hillarious.

Lara was looking hot and Jiah Khan turned out to be a...well you know what she did in the movie. I cant say what she was, i'll get banned . Only thing though, Jiah does not deserve to be on the couch in the posters; she screwed over Akshay and wasnt even in the group!
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:25   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I would give houseful 1/5. Ritesh deshmukh has done a better job than akshay.
+1 to that.
It seems that all directors have lost the taste of comedy. Sajid Khan in this case just came of with a khichdi of all the scenes (I am watching you; Lie Detector Test) which are a total lift off from 'Meet the Parents'.Very dissapointed and none of the scenes made me laugh(not even when all of them were laughing) in the end.

Negative points for mention of cosmo and gruhashobha.! (senseless humour)
Old 4th May 2010, 03:46   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
+1 to that.
It seems that all directors have lost the taste of comedy. Sajid Khan in this case just came of with a khichdi of all the scenes (I am watching you; Lie Detector Test) which are a total lift off from 'Meet the Parents'.Very dissapointed and none of the scenes made me laugh(not even when all of them were laughing) in the end.

Negative points for mention of cosmo and gruhashobha.! (senseless humour)
+2. i could not stand this movie beyond a certain point. thankfully i was watching it online.
Old 4th May 2010, 11:52   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
+2. i could not stand this movie beyond a certain point. thankfully i was watching it online.
Hey 14000 rpm, in previous post, you said you stopped watching after 15 mins or so, i would say the initial 15-20 mins is really boring. It picks up pace after half and hour till climax. The climax is a big letdown. Give it a shot without any expectation, you will like it.

I am not forcing you, just thought of sharing this with you because initially when i started watching i also felt the same.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:39   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

HouseFull

Its one of those brainless comedies which requires you to keep your brain at home. I didnt like Akshay at all, his sad face act was hogwash almost boring. For that matter, even Ritesh was no great shakes. Just loved their break dance act, had me in splits for quite some time.

I liked Arjun Rampal who did a good job and was towering over the cowering two losers.

Lara and Deepika looked super hot

Jiah looked the hottest

Chunky Pandey stole the show as he was the only one who made me laugh. His act was fluent and flawless. However, i think its time he got rid of that nasty mush.

Boman Irani was good. Though he could have done a better job. He seemed bit disinterested and it showed. Only he can come up with a good act even if he is disinterested.

Climax was horrific, how can they come up with such a lame idea. I am devastated

I didnt like any of the songs, just a mix of english/hindi words based on situation but,it didnt make me hum.

Nobody mentioned Randhir Kapoor? Nice to see him after ages. His role was apt as per the kapoor kandaan, a drink glass constantly keeping him company

Overall, a few laughs made the movie bearable.

Rating - 2/5
Old 8th May 2010, 12:11   #864
Senior - BHPian

Badmaash Company

4 friends want to get rich quick and con their way through - will it last ?

The 1st half is zingy, the movie hits a block in the 2nd but manages to redeem itself somewhat.

Another YRF movie directed at the yuppie youth of today but the movie is set in 1994. The look of the movie is lavish and it has been shot on a grand scale in good looking locations. The cast looks good too. Sadly the music is a let down and you will forget the song as soon as it stops playing. The editing is zingy and the direction (thankfully) doesn't feel like a first timer.

Shahid is good, Anushka looks uncomfortable with herself in skimpy costumes while Vir Das and Chang do well. Anupam Kher is wasted in a role that he can do with eyes closed.

Verdict - 2.5/5
One time watch.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 8th May 2010 at 12:12.
Old 8th May 2010, 12:16   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Badmaash Company

4 friends want to get rich quick and con their way through - will it last ?

The 1st half is zingy, the movie hits a block in the 2nd but manages to redeem itself somewhat.

Another YRF movie directed at the yuppie youth of today but the movie is set in 1994. The look of the movie is lavish and it has been shot on a grand scale in good looking locations. The cast looks good too. Sadly the music is a let down and you will forget the song as soon as it stops playing. The editing is zingy and the direction (thankfully) doesn't feel like a first timer.

Shahid is good, Anushka looks uncomfortable with herself in skimpy costumes while Vir Das and Chang do well. Anupam Kher is wasted in a role that he can do with eyes closed.

Verdict - 2.5/5 One time watch.
Saw it last night
My review is a mirror of yours. Just to add i got bored in many parts and their con parts had so many glitches i forgot the count!
Rating- 2/5
You can give it a miss gladly!
Old 17th May 2010, 12:58   #866
BHPian

City of Gold - Superb movie.Realistic stuff.if looking for Dance/Romance Stay away. Excellent acting by All. most of them are from Theater. (4.5/5)
Old 17th May 2010, 13:51   #867
Team-BHP Support

Wake Up Sid

Sid (Ranbir Kapoor) is highly dependent on his dad's finances, living a lavish life. A tryst with dad, and he has to fend for himself, and learn the ropes of life, and the value of money.

Some scenes with Konkona immediately remind you of Luck by Chance, however the movie is still quite watchable. The set of friends who complete the roundup also give in good performances.

Predictable, but definitely watchable. Can be trimmed towards the end, IMO.

Bennyboy Rating : ***
Old 17th May 2010, 13:54   #868
Distinguished - BHPian

I watched Well done Abba sometime back, i liked the movie.
Old 21st May 2010, 16:00   #869
Senior - BHPian

Going for the movie - Kites tomorrow, first day first show. Fingers crossed.
Old 21st May 2010, 16:08   #870
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Going for the movie - Kites tomorrow, first day first show. Fingers crossed.
Reckon you would be the first to watch it here. Look forward to the review. Hope it lives up!

I am especially careful not to watch overhyped movies first day first show. This trick has saved me quite a bagful of money over the last few years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks