Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2010, 02:29   #1051
Senior - BHPian

just bumped into the trailer of Munnabhai Chale America.

this,I feel, is an exploitation of the brand name "munnabhai". not sure if this get the same kinda success but I'll be happy to be proved wrong.
Old 16th August 2010, 02:42   #1052
BHPian

Saw Lage Raho Munnabhai on DD-1 today. Even though I've seen it for like 1000 times, it never fails to strike a chord.

Inspiring movie.
Old 16th August 2010, 09:33   #1053
Team-BHP Support

@1400RPM: Is this one of the old ones that released almost immediately after the second movie released ? If yes, this storyline has been scrapped and is being rewritten.

Source: Movie gossip
Old 16th August 2010, 09:44   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
@1400RPM: Is this one of the old ones that released almost immediately after the second movie released ? If yes, this storyline has been scrapped and is being rewritten.

Source: Movie gossip
well, you could be right too.
Old 16th August 2010, 09:54   #1055
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Watched Once Upon a Time in Mumbai yesterday.

I would agree with the previous reviews except that Emraan was a total misfit in this role. Somehow, he could not portray the gangster role conveniently. I thought Vivek could have done a better job but again it would have been a repeat of the Company star cast ;-)

Yes, it was a decent movie but we were a bit surprised by the bland climax. So, it started off well but became predictable and then finally a tad disappointing.

Rating 3/5

P.S - This is inspired by lives of Haji Mastan and Dawood, right?
Old 16th August 2010, 10:46   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Peepli Live

I saw Peepli Live over the weekend. It is worth the money. It shows how India is in today's times. Politics, channels like India TV, IBN 7, 24x7.

Shows How rich are exploiting the poor farmers, I liked the role of the character - aakash (reporter).

4.5/5
Old 16th August 2010, 11:46   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Saw OUTM yesterday. My verdict - 2/5.

I don't understand what the fuss is all about, it was a very average film with average performances.

Criminals were glorified in this movie, this kind of movie should not be approved by the sensor board.

This movie is based on a real story. I thought this movie would show how an ordinary boy became a don. But in the movie, they show a shot of a poor orphan who earns 4 aana as daily wage and in the next show they show him as the don of the city who rules the seas. They should have shown how he became a don, rather than showing what he did after becoming one.

And why did everyone respect him so much, just because he gave hundreds of rupees to beggars and fruit vendors ?

Rohan
Old 16th August 2010, 14:27   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Peepli Live

A zingy 1st half followed by a so-so 2nd half. The 1st half establishes the main protagonist's death wish and does it beautifully - zingy dialogues and crisp screenplay - the interval comes too soon.

The 2nd half concentrates only the media and it's frenzy for TRP's without bothering about the core issue as such. The message is loud and clear but after the 1st half I found the 2nd half to be slow and repititive - and in the end suddenly we are reminded of Natha......

Performances are 1st class and all the actors are in tune with the characters. The media frenzy scenes are some times OTT ....check the obsessed with excreta scene.

Verdict - I would give it a 2.5/5.
The heart is in the right place and the intention is good but I would have liked to know more about Natha and his family rather than the media in the 2nd half.
Old 16th August 2010, 14:31   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Peepli Live

Verdict - I would give it a 2.5/5. The heart is in the right place and the intention is good but I would have liked to know more about Natha and his family rather than the media in the 2nd half.
+1.

Bang on, NC with your review.

At certain portions of the 2nd half, the movie also becomes a little boring. The first half was fast paced, while I personally felt the second half to be slow.

Cheers,
Old 17th August 2010, 01:13   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Ram Gopal verma called up a press conference about his new movie starring Vivek Oberoi.

He said its 5+ hour long. In two parts. One shows the rise to power of main character and second one shows his decline.

Why don't he simply say he got inspired from 'CHE'.
Old 17th August 2010, 04:09   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Ram Gopal verma called up a press conference about his new movie starring Vivek Oberoi.

He said its 5+ hour long. In two parts. One shows the rise to power of main character and second one shows his decline.

Another rip-off !! Excellent. These directors must spend half their lives watching English movies.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:07   #1062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post

If your referring to Raktha Charithra, its based on the true story of " Paritala Ravi" one of the most dreaded gangsters from AP.

Vivek Oberoi plays Paritala Ravi's character. He was one of the most daring and notorious gangster and made several daring attempts on politicians including a bomb attack on erstwhile AP CM, Chandrababu Naidu.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:57   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If your referring to Raktha Charithra, its based on the true story of " Paritala Ravi" one of the most dreaded gangsters from AP.

Vivek Oberoi plays Paritala Ravi's character. He was one of the most daring and notorious gangster and made several daring attempts on politicians including a bomb attack on erstwhile AP CM, Chandrababu Naidu.
@Mobike, you got it wrong. Ravi is a factionist-politician who belongs to Chandrababu Naidu's Telugu Desam party. Several attempts were made on Ravi's life, including a car bomb attack in broad day light right in the middle of Hyderabad. Ravi eventually was killed in one of such attempts in January 2005. What RGV found so compelling about Ravi's story was that it was a heady mix of caste wars, factionism and politics, and because the rivalries actually began in previous generation and counts of men lost lives on both sides, SO FAR.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:01   #1064
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
@Mobike, you got it wrong. Ravi is a factionist-politician who belongs to Chandrababu Naidu's Telugu Desam party. Several attempts were made on Ravi's life, including a car bomb attack in broad day light right in the middle of Hyderabad. Ravi eventually was killed in one of such attempts in January 2005. What RGV found so compelling about Ravi's story was that it was a heady mix of caste wars, factionism and politics, and because the rivalries actually began in previous generation and counts of men lost lives on both sides, SO FAR.
My bad. Yes Nag, your absolutely right. I forgot the factionism angle but, all said and done. He was no less than any other dreaded gangster.
Old 17th August 2010, 23:38   #1065
Senior - BHPian

I just don't understand what's with these movies on the underworld & criminals which ultimately glorify them? The producers/directors just want to make a quick buck under the guise of providing entertainment & portray them as Robin Hoods/victims of circumstances. Come on, wrongdoings can't be justified!
And the aggressive PR literally attempts to make them heroes!

Last edited by Jayabusa : 17th August 2010 at 23:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks