Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2010, 00:46   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Sammy, you used to watch similar movies and couldn't digest their baap, 'Gunda'?!
Is 'Military Raaj' the index finger movie?
Yeah thats the one. After watching such high class movies , these just dont appeal to me
Old 1st October 2010, 22:46   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Somebody please write a review of Rajnikant's Robot.
Old 2nd October 2010, 00:56   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Somebody please write a review of Rajnikant's Robot.
Robot movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India

Old 2nd October 2010, 01:02   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Anjana Anjaani

Just came back from the movie. Actually me and wifey were amongst the few people who sat through the end.

After watching the movie, only two things come to mind:
  1. What was the director thinking?
  2. How could the producers like Nadiadwala's fund such a movie?
Rating: 2/5
Old 2nd October 2010, 11:05   #1160
Senior - BHPian

'Endhiran-The Robot': Comment removed by Rajinikanth
Reason: Mind it!

----------------------------------------

'Aakrosh', a movie on honour killing in Bihar is slated for release. I fail to understand why a bimbo like Bipasha Basu has been cast in a movie on such a serious issue. Maybe because she is no longer hot property and has reduced her fee drastically as is the norm in Bollywood.
Casting a known face is more important than casting someone who would do justice to the character.
So much for visibility and promotion.

Last edited by v12 : 2nd October 2010 at 11:59.
Old 2nd October 2010, 15:28   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Saw Benny & Babloo last night.

Every one who has been to the ladies/beer bars in Bomaby should go see it to relate to their own experiences and all those who have never been to one must go and see it to find out what really goes on behind those double doors.

The junior Yadav and KKMenon are both pretty good at what they do as are most of the supporting cast.

4 out of 5 and the absolute last scene is a killer.
Old 2nd October 2010, 16:55   #1162
Team-BHP Support

Saw Robot.
Its a total timepass trash masala movie. And you have to watch it for the action. It has everything what Transformers and terminator had.
Its the movie what Jaani Dushman should have been but never could!
Yay for Rajni!

The plot is simple, as expected. Good robot falls in love and then goes evil. And what follows is action. Pure action, the likes of which has vanished from the screen in todays world.

The climax action sequence, though transformers inspired, is truly well done.
But some scenes in the movie are boring and long drawn. There are too many songs too, and except for the picturization, I found the music mediocre.

That said, the movie is truly a "show". Full paisa vasool!
Old 3rd October 2010, 01:04   #1163
BHPian

Wondering, how did I miss this gem Gunda when it came out? Thanks everyone, ten minutes on youtube and I find myself looking for this on my dvd-rental site. This is genuinely classy stuff. Thanks again!

Last edited by Su-47 : 3rd October 2010 at 01:13.
Old 4th October 2010, 15:01   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Wondering, how did I miss this gem Gunda when it came out? Thanks everyone, ten minutes on Youtube and I find myself looking for this on my dvd-rental site. This is genuinely classy stuff. Thanks again!
Guys what's the hype about this Gunda film? I googled and then realised that it has Mithun as the lead actor. That's when I lost interest. Anyway what the heck is this film about?
Old 4th October 2010, 15:52   #1165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Guys what's the hype about this Gunda film? I googled and then realised that it has Mithun as the lead actor. That's when I lost interest. Anyway what the heck is this film about?
There are two kinds of people in the world – Those who have seen Gunda, and those who haven’t.Some wise dude.

Have a look first, youtube will have many clips of it. Then decide if you want to watch it.
Old 4th October 2010, 16:27   #1166
Distinguished - BHPian

Anjaana Anjaani

Saw this movie on Friday night. Its the story of two people whom "fate" decides to meet up whilst attempting suicide respectively.

Rest of the movie shows how their several attempts at suicide fail.

Entire movie is revolving around Ranbir and Priyanka with some of the lamest dialogues ever heard in movie history.

I couldnt bear the torture and left a few minutes after the intermission.

Stay away

0/5
Old 4th October 2010, 16:43   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Robot

Watched Robot yesterday along with my son. I wanted to watch it in Tamil but had to give in to the demand of my son.

Like all Shankar movies, this too has a social theme. The songs are completely out of place and is a big drag on the movie. Yes the locations and settings of the songs are fantastic. Anyone knows the location of the first song (blue water and white sand) - I guess it must be somewhere in Dubai?

The movie has elements of Flubber, Transformer, Terminotor etc. but is still quite Indian and original. For an Indian movie to have come up with such action sequences is really great. Some of them are a bit stretched though. I did not like the way the movie ended though, it was too sentimental and I somehow wanted it to be different. I would say it is worth watching once.

Last edited by pjbiju : 4th October 2010 at 16:46.
Old 5th October 2010, 01:24   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Anjaana Anjaani

Saw this movie on Friday night. Its the story of two people whom "fate" decides to meet up whilst attempting suicide respectively.

Entire movie is revolving around Ranbir and Priyanka with some of the lamest dialogues ever heard in movie history.

I couldnt bear the torture and left a few minutes after the intermission.

Stay away

0/5
I dunno, i liked it, but maybe thats cause Priyanka is hot . Anyways, i have always wondered as to why the government of india is directly involved in censoring and approving films? Cant there just be a private, non governmental, non-profit association (like the MPAA in the US) that does the job instead?
Old 5th October 2010, 03:18   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Yes the locations and settings of the songs are fantastic. Anyone knows the location of the first song (blue water and white sand) - I guess it must be somewhere in Dubai?.
I think the water is not real. It looked too perfect to be real. It must have been done in graphics.

The climax was a dragging too much. The robot nonsense was giving me a headache. Weak to zero comedy. Overall good but not great.
Old 5th October 2010, 10:43   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Anjaana Anjaani

I saw NDTV 24x7's review on Sunday. The reviewer said something like - Ranbir and Priyanka attempt suicide many times, we wish they had succeeded the first time itself so that we would have been spared from watching this movie.

Rohan

Most Viewed