Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2010, 12:19   #1276
Senior - BHPian

Golmaal 3

I liked the movie. It was hilarious, the scene where all 5 guys try pulling their leg with hum saath saath hain song in the background was super hilarious, i literally had to hold my stomach. That is The scene of the movie.

I felt the end could have been better, the climax is not too good. But ignore that and its one hella of a good movie for timepass.

Was surprised to see Kareena mouth bad words at the end. Doesn't suit her

I preferred Sharman Joshi instead of Kunal and Shreyas. Don't know why he left.

If it had good songs, it would have been like cherry on top.

A must watch, keep your brains at home and give it some rest.

4.5/5 (songs and climax are downer)
Old 9th November 2010, 15:37   #1277
BHPian

Saw Golmaal 3 last weekend and as many would agree, Golmall does what it does best. MINDLESS COMEDY!!! But it still is a worth watch. Its amazing how the movie is pulled off without even a storyline I would rate it 3 out 5. In my opinion, the best in the movie is attributed to Jhonny Lever. Amazing comedian he is
Old 9th November 2010, 15:53   #1278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightening-Fast View Post
Jhonny Lever. Amazing comedian he is
+1. He is my all time favorite. I feel tickled just watching his face. I had a blast watching him in Awara Pagal Deewana ( Ably supported by Paresh Rawal ( he was the best actually) and Sunil Shetty)

If not counting Mehmood, some of my favorite comedians are in sequential order :-

1. Johnny Lever
2. Rajpal Yadav ( close 2nd)
3. Asrani
4. Sanjay Mishra
5. Manoj Joshi

4 and 5 are almost new comers but, have terrific spontaneity
Old 10th November 2010, 21:31   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Watched Mumbai Meri Jaan

The movie starts on a small interesting seemingly unrelated stories around the train blasts in Mumbai. It goes on well but then seems to loose the plot as they extend these storie, its only towards the end that all of those unrelated scenes start making sense.

The last few dialogs by Paresh Rawal are very touching & are the highlight of the movie.

Great performances by all actors but Irfan khan is actually wasted in this movie, his caliber is much higher than the type of role he was given.

The movie seems to be loosely based on the Hollywood movie Crash in its theme.

4/5
Old 10th November 2010, 22:33   #1280
Senior - BHPian

Now for a piece of Film Noir in this thread. Those interested can watch 'Desh Drohi' on Max this Sunday i.e. 14th November at 8 pm on it's world television premer.
The multi-faceted, powerhouse of talent Kamaal Rashid Khan aka KRK by his massive fan-base the world-over is the producer, dialogue writer and lead actor of the film.

I am looking forward to watching it.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 10th November 2010 at 22:44.
Old 10th November 2010, 22:43   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched Mumbai Meri Jaan

The last few dialogs by Paresh Rawal are very touching & are the highlight of the movie.The movie seems to be loosely based on the Hollywood movie Crash in its theme.
I think it is a gem of a movie, In the era wherein nonsense triangular love, cheap liftoffs from Hollywood flicks happening in bollywood , this really takes the cake.

However i havent seen the movie 'Crash' but i have seen the director's earlier movie ( Dombivili Fast - Marathi movie) and thought that he has placed his points very well and could be a great director in years to come with thought provoking ideas.

It has had its loose points, but then it is definitely an underrated film.

OT: The last thing i would like to see in 10 years down the line, an Indian film director trying to make a copy of the Bourne series with ranbir kapoor in it.
Old 19th November 2010, 12:53   #1282
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got a chance to catch " Golmaal-3" in theatre last evening.

I can straight away make out Rohit Shetty saved a lot of moolah by not buying a script but, paid some good money to screenplay writer. No story and gags galore = G3

But, by god i laughed so much that i thought i will go into a panic attack

Ajay Devgan was completely wasted in this movie. He hardly speaks and just gives stupid glares all through the movie

Tushaar was hilarious in same role as previous editions

Kunal Khemu was suprisingly good as he mouths "analogies" for situations which has absolutely no connection...LOL. You need to hear the dialogues carefully as he slips in whilst your looking at other part of the screen. Superb

Shreyas T as a stammerer didnt do a good job. Neither was he funny

Arshad Warsi was a dud in this movie

Kareena as usual does a great job but mouthing bad words, i agree it doesnt suit her.

Movie is practically on these guys shoulders

Johnny Lever He is a DON with a short term memory loss and was absolutely laugh a riot. Within an instant, he changes from one thought process to other and practically is the KING of this movie. Plenty of scenes show his flawless acting prowess and his mimicry strengths. It would be hard to replace a comedian of his calibre

Mithun Superb acting and few lines were really rib tickling. However, he looked thin and why didnt he tuck his shirt in all through movie?

Wasooli Bhai ( Forgot his real name) : He got some hilarious lines when he is introduced

Sanjay Mishra who is a sidekick of JL as usual is mindblowing. He neednt utter a word, i can laugh just looking at him.

Mindless comedy but, sure to churn your intestines inside-out. Dont Miss it !!!

3.5/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th November 2010 at 12:57.
Old 21st November 2010, 14:29   #1283
BHPian

No Guzaarish reviews yet ? Is it worth ?
Old 21st November 2010, 17:44   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
No Guzaarish reviews yet ? Is it worth ?
Watched it yesterday. Only watch it if you are a 'True Movie' watcher. You understand and love technical language of movies. If you want some entertainment, then DONOT watch it. I found it not my type of movie and want to forget whatever I saw.
Old 23rd November 2010, 22:39   #1285
Senior - BHPian

Watched Two Movies

Golmaal 3

The movie manages to live upto the expectation to a certain limit. Its funny, its witty & some scenes will make you roll on floor but some of them are boring. Overall a good time pass

3.5/5

Manorama Six Feet Under

Saw this on TV & boy was i surprised, this is one of the best detective type suspense movie in recent times(remember Khoj featuring Rishi Kapoor from yesteryear).

The story is about a suspended (for taking bribe) author(Abhay Deol) who does a normal detective job for a mysterious lady(Sarika). He does the jobs takes some pics & Alls well , things start going bad after a series of small incidents & then when this girl dies in an accident. Things start going from bad to worst for him as he digs in deeper.

The movie is set in a relatively small city in Rajasthan, the trailer scenes may make the film look boring but trust me, its anything but that

Thats all I can tell for now, its a must watch for everyone(except those who are expecting a Bollywoood masala movie ). Brilliant Movie & brilliant performances from the lead cast.

4.5/5
Old 23rd November 2010, 22:48   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Manorama Six Feet Under

Saw this on TV & boy was i surprised, this is one of the best detective type suspense movie in recent times(remember Khoj featuring Rishi Kapoor from yesteryear).

The story is about a suspended (for taking bribe) author(Abhay Deol) who does a normal detective job for a mysterious lady(Sarika). He does the jobs takes some pics & Alls well , things start going bad after a series of small incidents & then when this girl dies in an accident. Things start going from bad to worst for him as he digs in deeper.

The movie is set in a relatively small city in Rajasthan, the trailer scenes may make the film look boring but trust me, its anything but that

Thats all I can tell for now, its a must watch for everyone(except those who are expecting a Bollywoood masala movie ). Brilliant Movie & brilliant performances from the lead cast.

4.5/5
+1. Me liked that too.

Another one by Abhay Deol that I liked:

Ek Chalis Ki Last Local (2007) - IMDb
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:30   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Another one by Abhay Deol that I liked:

Ek Chalis Ki Last Local (2007) - IMDb
I think Ek Chalis ki Last Local was a little too far fetched.

Rating:2.5/5
Old 24th November 2010, 00:33   #1288
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I too found the Ek Chalis ki Last Local just Ok, its not bad but its not as great as his other movies.
Old 24th November 2010, 08:21   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Saw Knockout on the TV a couple of days back. A take off from Phone booth starring Colin Farrel, the Knock out starcast is a little different. Irfan Khan cast in Colin's role while Sanjay Dutt in keifer Sutherland's role do some justice to the otherwise " I know this story" movie.

Kangana Ranaut plays a Crime reporter TV and her introduction would put any TV reporters to shame as far as dressing is concerned.

The plot of the movie deals with a variety of issues such as Sexploitation of children, politicinas siphoning off Indian money to Swiss account, shady dealings etc.

On the whole the movie is an average with not so great performances from Sanjay, Irfan & Kangana.

Verdict: 2/5

(Hope my wife doesn't read this post, she simply loved the movie)
Old 24th November 2010, 09:02   #1290
BHPian

Watched an oldie again:

Gol Maal (1979) - IMDb

One of the best hindi comedies I've seen. Utpal Dutt is just fabulous.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks