Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 11:12   #1291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched Two Movies

Manorama Six Feet Under

Saw this on TV & boy was i surprised, this is one of the best detective type suspense movie in recent times(remember Khoj featuring Rishi Kapoor from yesteryear).

The story is about a suspended (for taking bribe) author(Abhay Deol) who does a normal detective job for a mysterious lady(Sarika). He does the jobs takes some pics & Alls well , things start going bad after a series of small incidents & then when this girl dies in an accident. Things start going from bad to worst for him as he digs in deeper.

The movie is set in a relatively small city in Rajasthan, the trailer scenes may make the film look boring but trust me, its anything but that

Thats all I can tell for now, its a must watch for everyone(except those who are expecting a Bollywoood masala movie ). Brilliant Movie & brilliant performances from the lead cast.

4.5/5
Brilliant movie indeed. I somehow feel that this movie seems to be inspired by Chinatown (1974) - IMDb starring Jack Nicholson, anyone agrees?
Old 24th November 2010, 12:39   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I think Ek Chalis ki Last Local was a little too far fetched.

Rating:2.5/5
I loved Ek Chalis ki last local. Although it started a bit slow, it was very funny and quite enjoyable. Unlike his brothers, Abhay seems to be quite good at selecting good roles. I loved 'Dev D' too. Have to check out 'Manorama' now.
Old 24th November 2010, 13:21   #1293
Senior - BHPian

^^

Ek Chalis ki last local - I agree, watched it on TV and liked it.
Old 24th November 2010, 19:56   #1294
BHPian

Saw Guzaarish last Saturday. its indeed a comeback film for SLB. top notch performances from all the lead actors. I felt the first half was awesome but some hiccups in the second half let the movie down. Any way i will rate 7/10.

not the usual masala kind of movie

btw did any one watch the movie "emotional athyachar the movie" i found it interesting!
Old 25th November 2010, 10:18   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionforcars View Post

btw did any one watch the movie "emotional athyachar the movie" i found it interesting!
Saw it over the weekend. Decent movie, a bit far fetched and cheesy sometimes but "Chalega". Watchable once.

Rating: 3/5

Watched Udaan last night. My first reaction was "Whatta Movie".

The movie deftly handles the coming of age of a boy left alone by his father and how parental expectations can ruin someone. The movie also has some really nice poetry and songs. Ronit Roy as an always angry father excels in his role.

A must watch.

Rating: 4.5/5
Old 25th November 2010, 12:54   #1296
Senior - BHPian

"Dabaang" movie is to be premiered on Colors TV channel on 28th November coming sunday. Guys who haven't seen the movie yet can see and post the review.

Saw 1/4 movie in Hypercity, Thane the other day on a 42" LED with Sony home theatre. The entire store was reverberating with the surround sound effect.
Old 25th November 2010, 13:01   #1297
BHPian

Yeah, Udaan and Do Duni Chaar are two very good movies.
Old 29th November 2010, 14:09   #1298
Senior - BHPian

Two new movies, by, for and of senior citizens are slated for release viz.
'No Problem' and 'Yamla Pagla Deewana'.
Old 29th November 2010, 15:32   #1299
BHPian

Saw Two movies last week. GM3 and break ke baad.

GM3, like all the others have already pinted out, has no story, but it keeps you laughing all through the movie. Its great fun and as long as you are not too bothered about the plot and have gone to have a good time you will enjoy it.

BKB, rubbish movie. The acting is ok, but basically even the funny parts are not funny. Its basically something you can easily miss. looks like Ranbir is winning the battle of the latest generation.
Old 29th November 2010, 16:11   #1300
BHPian

Watched Guzaarish last weekend. It turned out to be what i was expecting from the movie. Good performance from all the cast, Hrithik in particular, and lots of black and blue color Its a slow, performance oriented movie and if you are expecting for a mind refresh, watch some other movie.
Old 29th November 2010, 19:33   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Just back from watching Guzaarish.

Superb movie, I liked it a lot. A simply mind blowing performance from Hrithik Roshan and the movie is brilliantly shot !

It's slow but it's got it's own mood.

Verdict - I would give it a 4/5. Must watch.
Old 30th November 2010, 14:58   #1302
BANNED

Has anyone watched "Allah ke bande"?

The previews look interesting and with veterans like NS starring in it, I have some hopes.
Old 30th November 2010, 16:32   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Saw Two movies last week. GM3 and break ke baad.

GM3, like all the others have already pinted out, has no story, but it keeps you laughing all through the movie. Its great fun and as long as you are not too bothered about the plot and have gone to have a good time you will enjoy it.

BKB, rubbish movie. The acting is ok, but basically even the funny parts are not funny. Its basically something you can easily miss. looks like Ranbir is winning the battle of the latest generation.
I'll second you on Break Ke Baad. It was alright in the beginning, boring in the middle and sorta picked up at the end. I kind enjoyed deepika on her hands and knees groveling to Imran. Apparently some critics are calling that scene deep's best acting yet. I mean yeah she was hot but the movie lacked much substance. I enjoyed the hooting and inappropriate comments people were making during the move more than the actual film lol. Looks like this film is headed for flop city...
Old 30th November 2010, 19:12   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Has anyone watched "Allah ke bande"?

The previews look interesting and with veterans like NS starring in it, I have some hopes.
I watched it today.

Its awesome. A 'hatke' movie. NS is a waste in movie. Though his acting is very good he is not given much due here. The star of the shows are Vijay and Yakub - both as child and adults.

Good job by first time director who plays Yakub. A must watch.
Old 30th November 2010, 19:51   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I wouldn't go as to say that BKB is a rubbish movie but it is definitely a wannabe Rom-Com in the Indian scenario. I don't know if anybody noticed this but I felt that BKB idea has been stolen / taken/ adapted from the Friends when Ross and Rachael were on a "Break Phase". Even though this has been modified quite a bit but if one listens to the dialogues but can realise the inspirations.

To me its 3/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks