Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 16:27   #1306
Distinguished - BHPian

Will be watching RC-2 today evening. Hope its better than RC-1

My mind is already tuned for the blood and gore
Old 4th December 2010, 09:02   #1307
BHPian

any reviews of Phas gaye Obama?

The plot outline appears very interesting!!
Old 4th December 2010, 09:05   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Saw Break Ke Baad two days back. Though i wont say its a great movie but nevertheless its a good one time watch atleast. You dont get bored for 2.5 hours even thought the story line is pretty predictable & ghisa pita!

Rating : 6.5/10
Old 4th December 2010, 13:06   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Break k baad

I quite liked this movie. I just hoped songs were a bit better. Story is interesting, clearly can see western influence but that's understandable. There are some funny scenes here and there. A decent watch.

Somehow felt the character of Imraan was misfit for him. Deepika is alrite, tries too hard to be independent, falls flat sometimes.

3.5/5
Old 4th December 2010, 13:43   #1310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Will be watching RC-2 today evening. Hope its better than RC-1.My mind is already tuned for the blood and gore
Saw this movie (Raktha Charithra-2) last night.

Recap was done elaborately of Part-1 which essentially takes away the meaning of re-cap

Compared to the first, the blood and gore was much lesser and it was slightly slow with entire movie based on the revenge of Suri (Suriya) against Pratap Ravi ( Vivek)

There is one action sequence in the movie filmed in Nampally ( I think its the same court) Criminal Court where Suri is brought for hearing and there is an attack on him by PR's men. Fabulous action sequence right inside the court room with Judge sitting transfixed on his back watching the killings

Suriya was intense in his role and has a good physique but, compared to Vivek he looked quite puny in overall size.

Nice ending to a true story and just hope that no one nurses such a grudge as Suri does against PR.

Worth a watch just for the reason that everything depicted has happened in real life.

After watching this movie, i want to stay far away from ANATAPUR

3/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th December 2010 at 13:44.
Old 5th December 2010, 19:48   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skartik2 View Post
any reviews of Phas gaye Obama?

The plot outline appears very interesting!!
I saw it, its indeed very interesting movie. Have to applaud the director to come up with such a simplistic but great movie. I think the director is the script writer.

A must watch. Different, realistic yet funny at times. No songs makes it even better

Rajat kapoor (IIRC) is the heart of the film after the script. Laudable acting by him ably supported by other star cast. Good to see Neha Dhupia in a different role and completely clad in outfit for once.

4.5/5
Old 6th December 2010, 01:15   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Watched RC 2

Its nice but not as good as part 1. All i can say is the teaser of a person getting his head shaved was not a part of the movie

Rating 2.5/5
Old 6th December 2010, 10:16   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Watched Break ke Baad. My verdict: 2/5

Lack of story, direction and performances in the movie.

Rohan
Old 6th December 2010, 13:19   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Dont miss Phas gaya Obama: Brilliant job on the kidnapping industry reeling under recession. Amazing job by all involved. You will be laughing at many parts of the movie when they show nice satire.

3.5/5 Dont miss
Old 6th December 2010, 17:53   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Saw this movie (Raktha Charithra-2) last night.

After watching this movie, i want to stay far away from ANATAPUR
Interesting story on Bangalore Mirror...

Amidst tight security, suri watches his own Rakta Charitra, News - Cover Story - Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror
Old 9th December 2010, 13:42   #1316
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Interesting. Living up to his reputation

As a rule i never order Hindi movies ( no patience to spend 3 hours watching a movie at home being the main reason)

However, broke that rule and watched " Well Done Abba" couple of days ago

Directed by Shyam Benegal movie featuring Boman Irani, Minissha Lamba with AP rural being the backdrop

It was a thoroughly interesting, light and lovely satarical movie on corruption and how Boman Irani fights the same with a smile on his face. Loved his double role immensely. He fits into any character and accent so flawlessly, its a shame he was discovered/decided to act so late in the industry.

Absolutely loved the Hydeez accent and everyone including Minnisha acted very well.

Do give it a shot if you havent already seen it. It simply put's a smile on your face at the end

4/5
Old 11th December 2010, 19:47   #1317
Senior - BHPian

No Problem (2010)

Story - None found, No problem
Brains at home - Done, No problem
Acting - a big problem
Funny Scenes - A little bit here and there, a big problem in a comedy movie.
Songs - None hummable, big problem
Slapstick Humor - Not worth mentioning
Script - Writers must be sleeping, a big problem
Director - Seemed bored to direct this movie after 3 good movies, bucket load of problem.

Save yourself from loads of problem and stay away from No Problem.

2/5. 1 for a couple of funny scenes and 1 for some great supercars.

Last edited by chevelle : 11th December 2010 at 19:50.
Old 11th December 2010, 20:50   #1318
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
No Problem (2010)

Story - None found, No problem
Brains at home - Done, No problem
Acting - a big problem
Funny Scenes - A little bit here and there, a big problem in a comedy movie.
Songs - None hummable, big problem
Slapstick Humor - Not worth mentioning
Script - Writers must be sleeping, a big problem
Director - Seemed bored to direct this movie after 3 good movies, bucket load of problem.

Save yourself from loads of problem and stay away from No Problem.

2/5. 1 for a couple of funny scenes and 1 for some great supercars.
LOL! Nice crisp one there

Saw Guzaarish.

Very nice movie with some excellent performances. Some of the best music I've come across after a long time. Very real and authentic. Every song is just fantastic. The movie as everyone might have guessed now is not for everyone and the subject in itself is controversial. But personally, I loved it to the core for it being something different altogether.

Rating - 4/5
Old 16th December 2010, 02:13   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from Band Baaja Baarat. Its a story of a young boy and girl who start into the wedding planning business and once their business is set, end up sleeping with each other and the rest of the movie is their story.

The new actor Ranveer Singh is edgy for most parts but carries the movie decently. His depiction of Western UP Jat with the typical "Bhaiyya" lingo and accent is good. Anushka Sharma has definitely matured and improved as an actress since Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. One thing that really comes out while checking the castings is that most of the crew is new. YRF seems to promoting a lot of new talent. Over all an above average story, but the USP of the movie is Cinematography and Choreography. Oh and Art Direction as well. One needs to see the movie just for the dance sequences and effects especially for the song "Dum Dum"

Rating: 3.5/5 (Mainly for Choreography & Dum Dum Song Picturisation)

Last edited by MileCruncher : 16th December 2010 at 02:16.
Old 16th December 2010, 08:23   #1320
Senior - BHPian

+1 to Milecrunchers review.

Its basically about a boy and gal who are good friends and end up sleeping with each other. As usual the gal falls for the guy and the guy is **** scared of whats going to happen next which ruins the relationship as he calls their encounter a "Khaand"

Like the tradition goes they are made to work together out of no option when the guy suddenly realizes he may like her and the story goes on with it.

The Guy is simply amazing in his role and hope he gets more offers though his names does not end with a Khan or a Kapoor. Has got good talent. ANushka has matured well and has done a good role but may get typecast in similar roles of punjabi kudi if she does more similar roles and this is bad for her.

Good enjoying first half but it gets routine in the second half with you knowing what is bound to happen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks