Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 19:53   #1396
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Saw Tanu Weds Manu on Friday courtesy the man himself Maddy. He had organised a screening for a few of us. Though the first half was pretty ok everything went for toss later. And the climax was oh so Bollywood. The Pappi guy was funny though.

Can be avoided. My rating the same as anshuman 2/5
Old 2nd March 2011, 20:28   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dippy,

What exactly did you say to Maddy afterwards?
You do have my phone number, right. Should I expect a call?
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:22   #1398
BHPian

I got conned into watching Dil To Baccha Hai on Tuesday. . I was told that the director makes very good films (I liked Chandni Bar) and my friend is a fan.But I was still extremely skeptical about this film. Anyway after much convincing I gave in and watched it! It's one of the lamest films I have ever seen. The script is so idiotic and the screenplay is even worse. It's not helped by the fact that the actors uttering those garbage lines also suck. Every stupid punchline is accentuated by a loud burst of hideous music or samples. A very annoying movie and an utter waste of 2+ hours of my life which are never coming back. Stay away from this garbage. A note to the director: Dil to Bachha hai but your audience is not!!! Nice try but I'm not falling for it a second time just because you made a couple of good films in the past!!!

-5 out of 5!!!

Anyway, this was followed by a movie called Udaan. I had no idea what this film was about. After watching the first ten minutes I was hooked. Brilliant performances and extremely good storytelling!!! The movie literally transported me back to my own rebellious teenage years!!! What a great experience!!!Loved it!!!

4.5 out of 5!

Last edited by Wolfheart : 3rd March 2011 at 15:29.
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:18   #1399
Distinguished - BHPian

Does someone know if Johnny Gaddar was made on a "James Hadley Chase" novel as its entire story line is uncannily similar to JHC theme.

I have a collection of his entire 70 odd books.
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:57   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Does someone know if Johnny Gaddar was made on a "James Hadley Chase" novel as its entire story line is uncannily similar to JHC theme.

I have a collection of his entire 70 odd books.
According to Wikipedia it does pay tribute to JHC.
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:13   #1401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Remember seeing in the opening credits that its a tribute to JHC when i watched the movie. Very well made movie and acting by the entire cast is superb.
Old 3rd March 2011, 18:19   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Remember seeing in the opening credits that its a tribute to JHC when i watched the movie. Very well made movie and acting by the entire cast is superb.
The only movie in which i liked Neil nitin. Rest all the ones he has done he is not even near to johnny gaddar performance. I heard a sequel will be made. Is it true?
Old 4th March 2011, 09:49   #1403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
All of this resulted in the end of me beinge the 8th victim of Priyanka.
LOL. Dont worry, I am the 9th victim.

Saw "7 Khoon Maaf'

Its supposed to be a dark, brooding and intelligent movie. But, hell its one of the most nonsensical movies that i saw in a long time. Yes, its dark and brooding but, VB seems to have taken that in literal sense by showing entire movie in pitch dark.

Who are the 7? I can recall only Neil, John, Irfann, Ruskin, Anu and Naseer.

MC in previous post was praising about great technicalities. I found it to be shabby to say the least. PC is shown as aged and her hands are that of a young woman and sometimes she looks aged at close quarters, then moments later she looks younger.

Also, a aged woman in slacks doesnt jell. She shouldnt have been in frocks as most Anglo Indians would have. Also, MC mentioned in previous post the foreigner is shown speaking inadequate hindi. Infact, I found Ruskin speaking way to fluent Hindi than it was beilevable. Same goes for Priyanka, she should have a goanese/coorg accent that was sorely missing.

How she kills the (7)? husbands and more importantly the supposedly plan is not shown making this movie such a damp squib. Also, why she marries people so spontaneously is a mystery. At the end, its not clear about PC's personality. Was she naive? Was she just love struck? Was she plain stupid?

Only story that was interesting was the first one showing Neil Nitin Mukesh ( who acted quite well) and rest of them were so boring that I wanted to get the hell out of the theatre.

Like Mercedised mentioned, we pay good money for entertainment and I love dark movies ( horror being my favorite) and directors like VB pass of such garbage in name of making "different" movies and some of us love to shower praises just because its a "different" movie

In short, its a long, dark ( literally no bright scenes at all) and completely boring movie with a lot of emphasize on bedroom scenes which i suppose is VB trademark. I wonder who produces such movies. Hope the producer knows he is throwing his money in a bin as such movies can never be a commercial hit forget about tingling the aesthetic sense of movie lovers

I am not going for another VB movie till i am confident its worth the time and moolah

1/5 ( Just because of interesting first 15 minutes)
Old 4th March 2011, 12:10   #1404
BHPian

I guess PC got carried away like she did in the other movie where she plays a number of brides to be. I found that movie to be quite awful as well.
Old 4th March 2011, 14:23   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Who are the 7? I can recall only Neil, John, Irfann, Ruskin, Anu and Naseer.
The 7th victim is herself. Remember killing thy self is also a sin!
Old 4th March 2011, 15:21   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Opinions differ, some of us have liked the movie while some of us hated it, but i am sure 7 khoon maaf is worth a watch. I found the performances to be brilliant by each and every actor. I also found the story to be gripping and was not bored for even a momemt.
I was not watching the movie looking around for technical flaws, so proberbly didnt notice the accent bit. She marries 6 men and there was too much to fit in a couple of hrs worth of movie and i think it was done well.
Btw the 7th khoon was of the maid.
Old 4th March 2011, 15:38   #1407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Btw the 7th khoon was of the maid.
I would like to disagree. The maid's death was an accident. And if we consider maid's death as a murder then even the death of the man friday after drinking the soup should also be considered a murder.

I strongly think its her own murder/suicide.
Old 4th March 2011, 15:50   #1408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
+ I remember a scene where Neil reads JHC novel.. train scene?
Old 4th March 2011, 23:02   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The 7th victim is herself. Remember killing thy self is also a sin!
When did she kill herself?

From what I understood, she became a nun and married Jesus, who is already dead.
Old 5th March 2011, 00:31   #1410
BHPian

Doesnt the dog she shot when she was young count as a khoon? :/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks