Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2011, 10:54   #1456
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Watched Shor in the city. excellent movie, superb acting by almost all and icing on the cake is Pitobash Tripathy, man he is just too good in the movie.
Rating 4/5.
Old 30th April 2011, 20:01   #1457
BHPian

Movie : Shor in the City.

Review:

I went for this after hearing good reviews about it. I was told that this movie was different. Yes this movie is different but there is nothing special about it. There are different stories which are linked together at the end. There have been movies of this kind earlier. Acting wise everyone in the movie was brilliant. The character of Mandook was pretty funny. There are many scenes in this movie which will make you laugh. Tushaar kapoor also did a good job. The soundtrack of the movie is also good. I liked 2 songs from this movie- "Karma Is A Bi***" and "Saibo".

Some might find the ending of the movie to be absurd. But there is nothing exceptional about this movie. You would not remember a lot of things about this movie after coming out of the theatre because it does not have a lot of impact on you. If you have seen Dum maaro Dum then this is the only other hindi movie which you can watch. So watch it only for some light entertainment.
I would rate it - 3/5

Last edited by Saanil : 30th April 2011 at 20:03.
Old 1st May 2011, 20:12   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Dum Maro Dum-
Well after long i went to see a hindi movie after the encouraging reviews here. Disappointed!
Nothing new in the movie. Prateik speaks like a girl,literally!
Was impressed by the other guys acting who was dating Bips.
All in all i will give it a 2 out of 5.
Old 2nd May 2011, 09:20   #1459
Senior - BHPian

Any review on 'I AM' by Onir.?
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:13   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Any review on 'I AM' by Onir.?
I went last night to watch the movie. I had seen the preview of "I AM Megha" in February and since then had been waiting for the full movie.

Its an interesting and hard hitting movie. It does have a few graphic scenes and may not appeal to sensibilities of all. I liked the movie for the issues it raises and the way it handles them.

Watch only if you can the gory side of life.

Rating: 4/5

P.S: The music seems to have changed from the preview. Still good but I felt it was better earlier.
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:15   #1461
Senior - BHPian

Watched "Chalo Dilli" this afternoon. Good fun, lighthearted movie must watch once, 4/5.
Old 4th May 2011, 19:01   #1462
BHPian

Movie: Phas Gaye re Obama

Review:
I had heard good reviews of this movie from everyone who saw it. This is just like those movies who do not have any top paid actors but have good stories and great acting. This movie's story is just awesome. Acting was brilliant by everyone. Apart from Neha Dhupia everyone's acting was superb ( Dhupia was average though). The story is about an american, recession affected business man who comes to India to solve his money problems. The concept of selling a commodity which is worth nothing for a huge sum was used beautifully in this movie. It is surely worth watching once.
Old 9th May 2011, 19:36   #1463
Senior - BHPian

Saw Phas Gaye re Obama and I'm unable to understand what the phass(fuss) was all about. I felt like this time the viewers(and not the 'paid critics') have hyped a movie.

I agree it was different and entertaining fare and the references to India's perception of the US, recession etc. were humorous, but most of the movie was very escapist, especially the ideas of Om Shastri and their implementation.

Again, the satire is in place, but they have gone overboard with showing anti-social elements of the worst order victorious.

I liked Amole Gupte's effortless acting.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 9th May 2011 at 19:41.
Old 9th May 2011, 21:33   #1464
BHPian

Has anyone watched Haunted(3D)? Being a horror fan, I'm curious about this film. However I'm terrified of watching a film that stars Mimoh. This guy's supposedly worse than his dad (who I completely abhor).
Old 9th May 2011, 23:34   #1465
BHPian

@Wolfheart: I watched it. I thought it was more like comedy movie than a horror flick. I dont think you will get scared as such. Its just timepass.
Old 10th May 2011, 11:03   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Has anyone watched Haunted(3D)? Being a horror fan, I'm curious about this film. However I'm terrified of watching a film that stars Mimoh. This guy's supposedly worse than his dad (who I completely abhor).
The best thing about this movie have been the reviews. This movie had some of the funniest reviews I have seen in recent times . Check out this one from Yahoo movies :

Haunted: Movie Review | Movie Reviews - Yahoo! Movies
Old 10th May 2011, 17:42   #1467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
The best thing about this movie have been the reviews. This movie had some of the funniest reviews I have seen in recent times . Check out this one from Yahoo movies :

Haunted: Movie Review | Movie Reviews - Yahoo! Movies
Read the article. However whats interesting is the comments of users below it.Almost 90% people there have praised the movie contrary to the review!
Old 10th May 2011, 18:54   #1468
BHPian

Got a chance to see Haunted. Did Mithun think that renaming Mimoh as Mahaakshay Chakraborty would make him a better actor? Please don't watch it, Mimoh looks far scarier than the real ghost in the movie. How can i forget the ghostly cast of movie, gives me goosebumps even while thinking about it.
Old 10th May 2011, 21:55   #1469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Read the article. However whats interesting is the comments of users below it.Almost 90% people there have praised the movie contrary to the review!
Haven't watched the movie, but few lines into that review and I realised that the critic was trying to impress readers with wisecracks and was just exercising his sense of humour than giving a review and maybe hence those comments from readers.
Old 11th May 2011, 00:36   #1470
Senior - BHPian

Saw Naughty @ 40 last week.
Recovered my senses just a while back and thought I would warn all of you to stay away from this one.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed