Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 08:15   #1471
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Saw Naughty @ 40 last week.
Recovered my senses just a while back and thought I would warn all of you to stay away from this one.
LOL - Khoj, I guess you lost your senses the moment you decided to watch that movie
Old 11th May 2011, 09:07   #1472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Got a chance to see Haunted. Did Mithun think that renaming Mimoh as Mahaakshay Chakraborty would make him a better actor? Please don't watch it, Mimoh looks far scarier than the real ghost in the movie. How can i forget the ghostly cast of movie, gives me goosebumps even while thinking about it.

Mimoh's actual name is Mahakshay. Studied with him for few days thus i know. Nice chap hope he gets his acting right
Old 11th May 2011, 13:33   #1473
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw " Utt Pattang" starring Vinay Pathak and Saurabh Shukla

It's a light fun type of movie with heavy silences in between and sometimes just dialogues with no background music.

VP has lost lot of weight and looks good.

Saurabh and Mahie Gill look and sound stero type from their roles of Satya and Dev D respectively.

Overall, a nice time pass movie

3/5
Old 11th May 2011, 14:38   #1474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Saw " Utt Pattang" starring Vinay Pathak and Saurabh Shukla

It's a light fun type of movie with heavy silences in between and sometimes just dialogues with no background music.

VP has lost lot of weight and looks good.

Saurabh and Mahie Gill look and sound stero type from their roles of Satya and Dev D respectively.

Overall, a nice time pass movie

3/5
Vinay and Ranveer mostly act in tasteful, intelligent and light hearted cinema. Check out this movie called " Oh My God".
Old 12th May 2011, 16:26   #1475
BHPian

Movie name: Udaan

My review:
Its an Excellent movie. The USP of the movie is its simplicity. Ronit roy was absolutely fabulous. Even Ram kappor who plays his brother in the movie was good. Both of them are better actors than they seem in hindi TV serials. The ending of the movie is contrary to what most of us will predict. Direction in the movie is good. Anurag Kashyap was not director but he played his role as script writer. Awesome dialogues and very well suited background music.
Old 12th May 2011, 16:39   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Movie name: Udaan

My review:
Its an Excellent movie. The USP of the movie is its simplicity. Ronit roy was absolutely fabulous. Even Ram kappor who plays his brother in the movie was good. Both of them are better actors than they seem in hindi TV serials. The ending of the movie is contrary to what most of us will predict. Direction in the movie is good. Anurag Kashyap was not director but he played his role as script writer. Awesome dialogues and very well suited background music.
I felt it was a little too slow though. At times I felt like just fast forwarding and check out the end. They could have paced it better. Some shots seemed repetitive.

Performances however were good all through. For me it was a good movie, but not excellent.
Old 16th May 2011, 12:09   #1477
BHPian

Watched Stanely Ka Dabba. Went with very high expectations after reading rave reviews about the movie. But was disappointed over all. Some scenes are brilliant otherwise an ordinary movie. Would rate 3/5 for those brilliant scenes.
Old 16th May 2011, 12:23   #1478
Team-BHP Support

My wife has not seen Kaun?. According to me, it is one of Bollywoods best ever thrillers.

Can anyone help me find a VCD / DVD for the same ?
Old 16th May 2011, 13:16   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
Watched Stanely Ka Dabba. Went with very high expectations after reading rave reviews about the movie. But was disappointed over all. Some scenes are brilliant otherwise an ordinary movie. Would rate 3/5 for those brilliant scenes.
Can we get a bit more detailed review please?

Cheers
Old 16th May 2011, 13:34   #1480
BHPian

@milecruncher

my describing scenes would be spoilers so am not giving details but acting by the lead child partho is great, other kids are also brilliant, Amol Gupte is both good and okay in some scenes. The other teachers have acted well. I had read not less than four 5 star reviews so was expecting too much. Taare Zameen Par was a better film in my opinion.
Old 16th May 2011, 14:18   #1481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
My wife has not seen Kaun?. According to me, it is one of Bollywoods best ever thrillers.

Eddy it is one of the rarest movies in Hindi cinema which keeps you on the edge of your seat for the whole duration!
If i rem it was made by Ram Gopal verma and is a copy of an English movie whose name i can't rem right now.
Old 16th May 2011, 14:38   #1482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Eddy it is one of the rarest movies in Hindi cinema which keeps you on the edge of your seat for the whole duration!
If i rem it was made by Ram Gopal verma and is a copy of an English movie whose name i can't rem right now.
I know man. So want to show the movie to my wife, but not able to catch hold of a VCD / DVD.

Any idea where I can source the movie from ?
Old 17th May 2011, 13:35   #1483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Coincidentally, it was aired on tv, 2-3 days ago and I watched it again even if it ran late into night while wifey got scared and let me watch it all alone.

It still gave me the shivers and one of the best thriller script in hindi film industry after "Khamosh". Short and sweet thriller for sure.

Quote:
Any idea where I can source the movie from ?
This is a tough one. You will have to keep checking as its more than a decade old.
Old 17th May 2011, 15:16   #1484
Team-BHP Support

Yeah, thats when I was reminded of this movie. To my surprise, wife declares that she has not seen the movie.

Hence the homework for me
Old 17th May 2011, 20:55   #1485
BHPian

Quote:

@ Eddy,

Moserbaer has the rights of "Kaun?".

So check out from their outlets, you may be lucky enough to find one.

Online Movie Store India | All Originals VCD and DVD | Old Indian Movies Online | Buy Hindi Dubbed Films
passionforcars is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks