Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 19:56   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
13B-
Well i went for this only cos so many people praised it here. I was disappointed. You call this spooky- no way. And that end joke of ghosts coming in mobiles now was like the director was so bored with his already boring story he created that joke to amuse himself a bit.
Special mention for Madhavan as his acting was quiet good. Rest all were passe.
Rating - 2/5
+1 to this .... I felt it was Ok. I usually dont watch horror movies, saw Raaz2 last and was terribly disappointed. 13B was good in bits ... The idea of ghosts coming in TV shows was not a great one for me. Maddy was good... Movie could have been better ... Starcast was not great ....

My rating : 2.5/5
Old 16th March 2009, 23:20   #47
Senior - BHPian

Gulal amazing movie....excellent performances...hats off to Piyush Mishra..thoughtful and intense lyrics...Must watch..
Pain and agony in movie either keeps you tied to seat or rather make you walk out( atleast 10 people walked from the show i attended)..

13B ..would rate it above most horrors in recent times..altogether a good gripping show with some comic factor...TV wala stuff was pretty novel from those irritating "PRET-ATMA's in da house" stuff....

Last edited by agspins : 16th March 2009 at 23:26.
Old 17th March 2009, 15:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
13B-
Well i went for this only cos so many people praised it here. I was disappointed. You call this spooky- no way. And that end joke of ghosts coming in mobiles now was like the director was so bored with his already boring story he created that joke to amuse himself a bit.
Special mention for Madhavan as his acting was quiet good. Rest all were passe.
Rating - 2/5

Saw 13 B last night. I would agree it wasnt that spooky. But i must its pretty well made. Apart from Maddy the rest Star cast look lost. Good performance from Maddy though. The ending could have been cut down wee bit 15-20 min. Overall a good watch.

RATING : 3.5/5
Old 18th March 2009, 00:57   #49

Has anyone managed to watch Little Zizou yet????
Old 19th March 2009, 11:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Watched 13B yesterday night.
first part of the movie has been slightly dragged, but 2nd part(after intermission) of the movie picks up, but it becomes slightly predictable.
Madhavan, mentally retarded man(Name ??) have acted very well.
Overall a good movie to watch
Old 20th March 2009, 22:07   #51
Senior - BHPian

Heard decent review of Barah Aana. Looking forward to review from Gautam, Techno, Harsh, Varun. Heard 'Straight' was quite bad.
Old 20th March 2009, 22:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

GULAAL -

I watched this on Tuesday. I read a few reviews here and a few on imdb. The reviews were all 4 stars and more.

Being a big fan of Anurag Kashyap I knew this one was going to be a good one but was I Shocked !! This was Excellent !!!

The movie is based on Rajputana ( Rajputs ), College Politics and a bit of how the youth is dragged into politics unwillingly and the side effects of it on the young.

The movie has some Brilliant award winning performances by Kay Kay / Piyush Mishra and others.

I think Piyush Mishra did a fantastic job. His acting was top notch ! And so were the songs / music sang by him and composed as well I beleive.

Mahi Gill is brilliant and is the next big thing in Bollywood. She resembles Tabu so much ( she says this as well in the movie )

Overall a brilliant movie. Watch it for the acting and brilliant cinema.

BUT - the movie is very serious and leaves you thinking. Also a word of caution. There is a ot of abusive language in the movie. So be prepared before hand if you are going with your family.

Rating - 4.5 / 5

I am now looking forward to Firaaq, Barah Aana & Tasveer.

PS - FYI the multiplexes are not going to show any new movies after 4th April. Some strike going on between Multiplex Owners and the directors / producers on profit sharing. This is an indefinite strike which can last upto a few weeks. Just saw this news on NDTV / CNN.

Last edited by vkochar : 20th March 2009 at 22:53.
Old 21st March 2009, 15:55   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
mentally retarded man(Name ??) have acted very well.
Overall a good movie to watch
He is Deepak Dobriyal. He was in Omkara too, the one who provocates Langda Tyagi against Ajay Devgan. He is a brilliant actor.

Mansi
Old 24th March 2009, 12:07   #54
BHPian

Saw "The President is Coming" last night ... The movie was decent with some hillarious bits here and there ... Good movie to kill about an hour and half.

Rating: 3/5
Old 24th March 2009, 18:20   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Any recommendations which one to watch this friday among
Hijack,
A Wednesday,
Tahaan

Suggestions
Watched Tahaan yesterday. Santosh Siwan has created magic on celluloid, movie is wonderful, script taut, performances adequate, but the cinematography is just brilliant. Santosh has captured Kashmir beautifully. I regret not seeing in a theater, TVs don't do justice to this movie.

\N
Old 28th March 2009, 12:24   #56
Senior - BHPian

watched "gulaal" last weekend.. excellent movie for sure! *4/5
Old 28th March 2009, 15:04   #57
BHPian

Watched Aa Dekhen Zara Yesterday

Good movie, two hours long though some illogical incidences and definately most illogical climax.

Still I would call it good in comparision with all the Faltu movies that I have watched over last three months.

Neil Mukesh is as good as he was in Johhny Gaddar, the stubble suits him a lot. Similar kind of role too. Bips doesnt have much to do except wait for her Boyfriend.

Rahul dev is a surprise package, he has lost oodles of weight.

At the end they have hinted a sequel too. Nay

Mansi
Old 29th March 2009, 03:39   #58
BHPian

Saw Aloo Chat today. Some scenes were incredibly funny which made it a good timepass movie, nothing special though.

Rating: 3/5
Old 29th March 2009, 05:01   #59
Senior - BHPian

Another comedy

saw Dhoondte Reh Jaaoge yesterday. starts off slow but picks up halfway. Hilarious comedy although sometimes silly. Good time pass.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:32   #60
BHPian

Saw Gulaal last week. Somehow I liked the movie despite some quite realistic crass abuses sprinkled in the dialog. Anurag Kashyap is becoming quite unique in Bollywood with his directing style. The guy playing KK's brother is amazingly talented - he has written the lyrics of a few songs and has also sung a few of them. I absolutely loved the lyrics of 'Chak mak'.

KK himself is quite good - as usual. The plot, locale, accented dialogs, punchlines given without any drama, overall a nice movie - though it may not be called mainstream by a distance.

My rating - 3.5/5 (alternate cinema lovers may give it 4 though)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks