Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 10:55   #826
Team-BHP Support

In karthick Calling Karthick, why was Deepika so particular that Farhan Akhtar put an end to the telephone sessions if they were to get married?

Because no woman will tolerate her Husband listening to anyone else. Esp one who can change his life for the better.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:53   #827
Senior - BHPian

Saw Karthik calling Karthik on dth(Big) on 7th under "choice pay" option.It is good.felt the first half a little boring. 3/5 from Me.
Old 9th April 2010, 16:30   #828
BHPian

Anybody saw "Jaane Kahan Se Aayi hai" released today?
Old 10th April 2010, 19:23   #829
Senior - BHPian

Saw Toh Baat Paki staring Tabu, Sharman Joshi

Its a feel good movie. If you give it a miss, you won't regret. If you watch it, you won't feel bad of watching it.
3/5

Saw Hum Tum aur Bhoot staring Arshad Warsi, Dia Mirza, Boman Irani

Its a little different movie. Its a bit of laugh here and there and a little bit of emotion thrown in. I m still confused if the ending was good or bad
3/5

Watch both the above movies if you have absolutely nothing to do.
Old 17th April 2010, 16:10   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " Prince" in theatre last night. Seems like i am the only unfortunate here to have taken that risk

This movie is supposedly one of biggest action movie made in Bollywood history is supremely inspired by " Bourne Identity" & " Transporter"

Every character in the movie is behind a "Coin" which has a chip inserted in it that can play around with a human memory....LOL

Though touted as an action movie, the action sequences are so pathetic, i was appalled that they decided to release the movie same as it is. Some major glitches :-

a) Chase sequences are so badly picturised, VO is on a bike and villains chasing him are so close behind firing away with machine guns and not a single bullet hits them. Similar glitches are throughout the movie.

b) VO on a bike chased by Nandita Sen on another bike. The background soundtrack is straight lifted from a motocross race which has sound of several high revving bikes. My gut was paining with laughter !

c) Bullets are flying across the screen but it does not hit anyone, neither the antagonists or the pratoganists. So why use them in first place?

d) No storyline, stupid double crossing scenes and even crappy dialogues

Highlights

Two songs are superbly picturized and are really hum worthy

The new two dames are sizzling hot. Nandana Sen looked like a vamp and haggard too.

Villian who is a new entrant is extremely stylish, good voice and looked better than VO

1/5 ( Only for those 2 songs and them hot chicks)
Old 17th April 2010, 17:18   #831
BHPian

Watched "Gulaal" yesterday.

What a movie!!!! Totally blew me away.
The story telling style was excellent. Every character in the movie was played their part perfectly.

Story is about how mainstream politicians/powerful lobby use students in university level politics.

A MUST WATCH!!

Would rate it 4/5
Old 17th April 2010, 21:30   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post

The story telling style was excellent. Every character in the movie was played their part perfectly.

Story is about how mainstream politicians/powerful lobby use students in university level politics.

A MUST WATCH!!

Would rate it 4/5

I will give this 5/5. Its really a great movie, I dont think our folks have got time to really think about the movie and how close it is to the reality; that can be a reason why it was not a big hit, its very popular among critics though.
Old 18th April 2010, 00:58   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I will give this 5/5. Its really a great movie, I dont think our folks have got time to really think about the movie and how close it is to the reality; that can be a reason why it was not a big hit, its very popular among critics though.
+1 to that and that guy Piyush Mishra(played the character Prithvi Bana) is a huge talent, be it in acting or composing music or writing songs and even singing. When I went to watch the movie there were only total 6 people in the movie hall :-( That was really sad for such a movie.
Old 18th April 2010, 01:19   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post

A MUST WATCH!!

Would rate it 4/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
+1 to that and that guy Piyush Mishra(played the character Prithvi Bana) is a huge talent, be it in acting or composing music or writing songs and even singing. When I went to watch the movie there were only total 6 people in the movie hall :-( That was really sad for such a movie.
+1. For me it was the movie of the year 2009. It's so well presented. And the songs! Few of the best to come out of a Hindi movie in a long long time.

PS - You guys may also like to watch Hazaaron Khwaaishein Aisi, if not already.
Old 18th April 2010, 10:37   #835
Senior - BHPian

Piyush Mishra also did a great job in Maqbool - another fantastic movie also starring Irfan Khan.

Gulaal - I agree is a 5/5 ! Anurag Kashyap at his best. ( Remember the Jack & Jill dialogue )

Last edited by vkochar : 18th April 2010 at 10:38.
Old 18th April 2010, 12:02   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
any latest hindi song starting with an I?
please post ASAP!
Ibn-e-batuta from movie Ishqiya
Old 18th April 2010, 17:26   #837
Senior - BHPian

Saw Prince

The movie is a Khichdi of James Bond + Mission Impossible + Bourne Series & yes our very own Dhoom 2 as well.

- James Bond because of the background score & gadgets
- Mission Impossible for the stunts
- Bourne Series for the character itself
- Dhoom 2 for again Character & some of the gadgets.

The movie is made a bit late by a decade or so. It would have been a great movie 10 years ago but not today.

Also I hate the idiotic stunts that these film makers do with the Bikes, first was Golmaal & now this one. Seriously how lame can the bike stunts get?

As you must be wondering what about the story well, it seems the writer made a couple of versions of the movie & then mixed them all.
I mean why would there be attempts to create fake Mayas when the memory of Maya had been erased, beats me.

Rating 1.5/5
Old 19th April 2010, 01:32   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
+1. For me it was the movie of the year 2009. It's so well presented. And the songs! Few of the best to come out of a Hindi movie in a long long time.
I felt the songs were more like Poetry receitation and I just loved them, specially Arambh and Sheher. And Ranaji had really funny lyrics. I think all of them were written by Piyush Mishra (not sure, so correct me if I'm wrong)

Quote:
Watched it long time back, another gem from bollywood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Piyush Mishra also did a great job in Maqbool - another fantastic movie also starring Irfan Khan.

Gulaal - I agree is a 5/5 ! Anurag Kashyap at his best. ( Remember the Jack & Jill dialogue )
Yup, Maqbool was another great movie, Vishala Bharadwaj has moulded Macbeth so well for Indian settings. Same with Omkara too.
Old 19th April 2010, 10:43   #839
BHPian

Quote:

That is next on my list to watch.

I agree with you guys, movie deserve 5/5.

When I think about it again, there was not any flaw in the movie.
Old 19th April 2010, 11:22   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Anybody saw "Jaane Kahan Se Aayi hai" released today?
yes, i saw it. its kind of an average movie. we already know the storyline. a few comical scenes here & there are good. consider this instead of prince!!!

ritesh has improved as an actor but jacqeline or whatever her name is, is very very bad. she needs a big time coaching on acting.

Rating: 2.5/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks