Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:07   #886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Didnt quite get what you mean by that? PJ makes great movies. They are usually gritty, down to earth and certainly can be watchable along with family.
Yes he makes great movies infact I am a fan of his style of movies, just that I have oberved that his movies at times have raw language & also some raw scenes which not everyone likes & hence the statement.

Btw totally agree with your views on Kites, I dont know what the Roshans were thinking.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd June 2010 at 18:09.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:41   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Btw totally agree with your views on Kites, I dont know what the Roshans were thinking.
and to think that Hrithik took such a long break from films to act in this one!
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:50   #888
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yes he makes great movies infact I am a fan of his style of movies, just that I have oberved that his movies at times have raw language & also some raw scenes which not everyone likes & hence the statement.

I agree with both your comments, Techno.
Prakash Jha's movies are quite hard hitting, and deal with the corruption so prevalent in our times.

As for the Roshans, it looks like success of their previous movies got to their heads, and that explains the pitibale effort with Kites. All the scnadals which were floated to gather attention for the movie fell flat, thanks to the senseless script.
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:20   #889
Senior - BHPian

Kites- Now why am i feeling so glad about not watching it and trusting my judgement off late.

Guess Rajneeti will be a good one!
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:28   #890
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to Prince of Persia and Rajneeti this weekend.

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd June 2010 at 21:37. Reason: We don't allow posts on piracy. The DVD has not released officially yet.
Old 4th June 2010, 00:10   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
and to think that Hrithik took such a long break from films to act in this one!
I feel he needed the break to form the connection with MORI thats all. Movie could go to dogs!
Old 4th June 2010, 03:41   #892
Senior - BHPian

Just back from the premiere of Rajneeti.
If you're a lover of hard hitting serious cinema, this ones for you. Post RGVs Satya, this is the one that comes close and really impresses.

Do not expect a light entertainer with aimless motive, as you'll be disappointed. This one is no humor, no bullshit, no gloss. Just sensible cinema.

Each and every cast member have acted well, but for me the real hero is Prakash Jha - The Director. Managing such an ensemble of a starcast, and extracting super performances from all, holding the viewers attention every minute, and portraying politics the way it is needs serious brains. And this man ought to deseve the most accolades for his effort.

Music is quite good, especially 'Mora Piya'. Songs are nicely interwoven in the sequences, and do not slow down the pace at all.

Rating: 4.5/5. Do not miss this one.
Old 4th June 2010, 11:33   #893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine View Post
If you're a lover of hard hitting serious cinema, this ones for you. Post RGVs Satya, this is the one that comes close and really impresses.

Do not expect a light entertainer with aimless motive, as you'll be disappointed. This one is no humor, no bullshit, no gloss. Just sensible cinema.

Each and every cast member have acted well, but for me the real hero is Prakash Jha - The Director. Managing such an ensemble of a starcast, and extracting super performances from all, holding the viewers attention every minute, and portraying politics the way it is needs serious brains. And this man ought to deseve the most accolades for his effort.

Music is quite good, especially 'Mora Piya'. Songs are nicely interwoven in the sequences, and do not slow down the pace at all.

Superb, as expected. PJ can never go wrong.

Will line up this movie over the weekend
Old 4th June 2010, 19:26   #894

Quote:

Me too watched the move . wow !!!

superhit

my rating : 4.5/5
Old 4th June 2010, 22:23   #895
vsh
BHPian

Quote:
i love hard hitting movies and SATYA was really superb movie. if i am correct, it won all the "critics awards" in that year's filmfare. perhaps it is the PEAK for RGV considering his movies nowadays.
Old 5th June 2010, 01:03   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Awesome, looks like I've break my vow of not watching any movies in Cinema halls in Bangalore. Seen a good rating at TOI review also. How were the acting of different characters? Anyone particular to look for?
Old 5th June 2010, 02:39   #897
BHPian

Just came back from Rajneeti. Well i will be very short about the review.

Ratings 0 out of 5.
Reasons : Not worth discussing.
Old 5th June 2010, 07:09   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
Just came back from Rajneeti. Well i will be very short about the review.

Ratings 0 out of 5.
Reasons : Not worth discussing.
Now thats totally opposite from what others wrote. Care to elaborate?
Old 5th June 2010, 09:46   #899
Senior - BHPian

People have mixed emotions of Rajneeti. I am going to watch it none the less.

Someone said it's a childish movie with the second half too filmy !!

Got to NDTV movie reviews. they have given it a 3 / 5.
Old 5th June 2010, 10:41   #900
Senior - BHPian

Raajneeti

Shades of The Godfather and Sarkar in a full on political drama is what the movie is all about. Based in a political family, the story involves the various trails and tribulations in the family and how politics affects them.

The movie has a terrific cast - Nana Patekar, Ranbir, Ajay Devgn, Manoj Bajpai, Katrina ....all have performed quite well but for me the stand-out performance comes from Arjun Rampal. Also the support cast performs quite well. Thankfully the movie does not have songs.

It's quite a heavy movie and slows down a bit but watchable. Parts of the movie can be guessed well in advance but there are a couple of surprises as well.

Verdict - 2.5/5
- It is a one time watch, quite a heavy and brooding movie. Do not take the kids.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks