Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2010, 20:19   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Anyways another interesting story that was developing when we were leaving for the movie was regarding Salman's comments made during an interview with a Paki TV channel. Wonder how that panned out?
Shah Rukh Khan is troubled by US airport authorities because of his name.
Later, 'My Name Is Khan' releases.

Salman Khan is gonna play 'Indian Robin Hood' in 'Dabangg'.
Few days after the movie releases, 'Robin Hood-like' statements made by him are being discussed.

"These guys are gifted with coincidences!", raves the fool, while the PR agent and his client rejoice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Raavan is playing on NDTV Imagine.
Sad when a heavily hyped movie makes its TV premiere within just a few months of its release.
The same happened with 'Kites' too.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 13th September 2010 at 20:33.
Old 13th September 2010, 20:54   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Saw two movie this weekend - Aisha & Lafangey Parinday

Lafangey Parinday - Good Plot but poor story telling & half hearted attempt the preparation, except for the last sequence you never see the cast doing any reasonable performances, infact you never see top to bottom doing full skating / dancing routine. The built up of characters is too slow, interweaving of parallel stories is poor & the reason given by the cops at end to close case is lame.

Overall the director/script write ruined what could have been a good fast paced movie.

2/5

Aisha

Its nice movie about a girl called Aisha who lives in her own world doing things which she feels are right without analyzing if they are indeed right of not. In between there is this subtle love story between Aisha (Sonam) & Arjun (Abhay). The story is very urban & would not get much response in mass market. Overall a light movie with nice narration & flow

Sonam is looking very pretty in this movie, Abhay as usual is brilliant

3.5/5

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th September 2010 at 20:56.
Old 13th September 2010, 23:57   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Just Saw Dabangg here in My Town.It is a Average Movie. Recommend, Especially if You are a Fan of Sallu Miyan
My Ratings: 3/5.
Old 15th September 2010, 11:22   #1114
Senior - BHPian

I saw WE ARE FAMILY yesterday.I didn't wanted to see the movie, had to accompany wifey.

Nothing much to say about this movie.

Verdict.

(-5/5) Yes, its minus 5 out of five.
Old 15th September 2010, 11:39   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Debaang is such a headache.
I felt like walking away at interval.

Watch it only if you like Rajni Kanth style hyper stuff.
Old 15th September 2010, 12:27   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Just looked at GUNDA clips on youtube !! It surely has a cult following !

How is ROBOT going to be ??
Old 15th September 2010, 13:56   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Dabangg

Behold the #1 entertaining movie of the year - So Far.

This is purely for the masses. I expect this to go really well at single screens.

Loved it. Great acting, loud silly action, clap worthy dialogs, little bit of emotions, family tussle all makes it a must watch movie of 2010.

Loved 1 song - tere mast mast do nain. Wished others were hummable too. Would have made better impact.

Sonakshi Sinha looks beautiful in traditional clothes. Would be interesting to see how she transforms to a modern girl in upcoming movies. History says its hard (Lagaan girl, Amrita Rao, etc etc), hope she proves me wrong.

P.S: Give a rest to brains when you watch the movie. You will love it and so will the brains.
Old 15th September 2010, 15:49   #1118
Distinguished - BHPian

@Chevelle, i can relate to your review of Dabangg. Infact, i cant wait to experience it in a single screen theatre.

Please read this, i am sure you and a few others will enjoy it

Reflections: Reliving Dabangg in single screens - A chronicle
Old 15th September 2010, 16:20   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Sonakshi Sinha looks beautiful in traditional clothes. Would be interesting to see how she transforms to a modern girl in upcoming movies.
this is how she'll look.

Name:  sonakshisinhaamritaarorawedding.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  158.2 KB

she was super fat and then the transformation happened. she indeed looks beautiful in that movie.
Old 15th September 2010, 16:43   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
this is how she'll look.

she was super fat and then the transformation happened. she indeed looks beautiful in that movie.
In some scenes, i could see her healthier side. And i did for a second thought that she was even more healthier than she looked in the movie. Guess you proved me right.

Thanks for the images, i would still love to see her on screen with some stunning outfits designed by MM or Rocky S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Chevelle, i can relate to your review of Dabangg. Infact, i cant wait to experience it in a single screen theatre.

Please read this, i am sure you and a few others will enjoy it

Reflections: Reliving Dabangg in single screens - A chronicle
I read that a while ago. Indeed its gonna be interesting. Please do post a brief view of yours when you see in single screen.
Old 16th September 2010, 12:15   #1121
BHPian

Dabaang means fearless. In the movie Salman Khan plays Chulbul Pandey a corrupt cop in lawless Uttar Pradesh, who has a step father (Vinod Khanna) and a step brother. (Arbaaz Khan).. more to come because got 2 ticket for Saturday INOX 9:45 show wherein 1 ticket was only Rs.1

Will post the review after I watch it.
Old 16th September 2010, 12:48   #1122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Dabaang means fearless. In the movie Salman Khan plays Chulbul Pandey a corrupt cop in lawless Uttar Pradesh, who has a step father (Vinod Khanna) and a step brother. (Arbaaz Khan).. more to come because got 2 ticket for Saturday INOX 9:45 show wherein 1 ticket was only Rs.1

Will post the review after I watch it.
Armed with Rs.1 ticket for a multiplex. your fun quotient just got multiplied
Old 16th September 2010, 15:37   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Watched few clippings of 'GUNDA' on youtube, I want the CD.

Full movie is available in youtube, in case you are interested!!
Old 16th September 2010, 15:55   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
this is how she'll look.

This is how she looked earlier.

The Hindi Movies Thread-ss.gif

No doubt bollywood has all the resources to craft their bodies in the way they want to look.
Old 20th September 2010, 11:24   #1125
BHPian

Saw DABANGG this weekend

DABANGG - The action, dialogue delivery is similar to the B Grade South Indian movies. I thought the story was revolving around Arbaaz Khan and not Salman. The movie beholds a kind of suspense to hold the viewers to know "what would happen in the end". Songs sound good in the theatre and sound effects are also good. Every punch and slap can make you deaf if you are sitting near the speakers.

Sonakshi Sinha looks hot and beautiful at the same time. She is kind of huge in front of Salman Action scenes are again like "Rajnikaanth" movies, but they do not look very fake. Too many characters in the movie, die. Good jokes and acting by all the actors (except Salman). Salman's acting is similar to the one he did in "Tere Naam", any other Actor could have done good justice to the role "Chulbul Pandey"

Overall it was a good fast paced movie. No boring stuff, purely entertaining and after watching it, you come out of the theatre and think "Did the movie make sense?" I think it is a Paisa Wasool movie and people of all age groups and status would like it.

3/5

Last edited by Googleman : 20th September 2010 at 11:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks