Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 13:13   #1531
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Dont know the character name. He comes on Comedy Circus on TV. He was absolutely hilarious. Jeep Rubicon owner converted to Beemer Cleaner 3.5/5
I haven't seen the movie yet, but have seen Sudesh Lehri in the promos. As Sudesh comes in comedy circus too, it must be him.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:18   #1532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
I haven't seen the movie yet, but have seen Sudesh Lehri in the promos. As Sudesh comes in comedy circus too, it must be him.
Yup! that's him. Sudesh did a wonderful job in this movie
Old 13th June 2011, 13:22   #1533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yup! that's him. Sudesh did a wonderful job in this movie
Yup!
but he came into force a li'l too late.was hilarious nonetheless!
"CHOUDHARY SAAB!!aapse koi milne aaya hai!"
Old 13th June 2011, 22:26   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Watched Ready & My review is exactly same as Mobike's

You will love this movie if you are Salman Khan fan

3.5/5

Also Watched Chalo Dilli

Although a nice movie, I got bored in between as it looked like Vinay Pathak was doing a part 2 of Bheja Fry.

2.5/5

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th June 2011 at 22:28.
Old 16th June 2011, 00:31   #1535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Havent seen such a lame movie in years. A 40 year old man (Akshay) making debut in international cricket. Movie makers, tiniest brain also cannot fathom such torture and not to mention total lacklustre performance from everyone else in the movie.

I would like to extend my generous support to the director by rating this movie 0/5
I have to agree.

One of the most boring films in recent times. What was the director trying to make - a tear-jerker, a comedy or a film based on cricket?

Oh wait, he was trying to say that you can make a comeback even after 17 years out of the competitive game, and still clean bowl some of the best current players around?!

Was Akshay's character crazy enough to even apply for it, or the great minds of English cricket even crazier to give him that chance?!

I think most things got lost in translation. LOL!

Although, Anushka Sharma is a treat to watch. Everytime she was up she stole the scenes. Such a shame, she was wasted in this film.

Last watched -

Game - Decent enough thriller, but a climax half-predictable and half-silly. 2 stars.

Dum Maro Dum - Solid story, weak acting. And again, the climax becomes a big letdown. 2 and half stars.

Thank You - Will they stop making rehashes of Masti and keep packaging them as "something new"? Even Mallika's Razia can't save this turkey. Half a star.

Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji - Ajay impresses yet again, Emraan is his usual self. Someone needs to tell Shazahn that cute and bubbly are not synonymous with annoying. Shruti has nothing to do. Shraddha Das is probably the only one with some decent acting. Watch it if you have nothing else to do. 3 stars.

All these bad/mediocre watches made me want to revisit one of my favorites...

Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron - What a refreshing blast! A complete laugh riot from beginning to end. Naseer and Ravi are delightful, Satish Shah is a real hoot (specially as the corpse), and Pankaj Kapoor and Om Puri are scene stealers in every scene they are in. One of the best comedies ever made in movie history, IMO. Ranks alongside Golmaal (Amol Palekar one). 4 and half stars.
Old 16th June 2011, 09:17   #1536
BHPian

watched "chalo dilli" last to last week at a theater with wife, will give it 3.5/5
and saw "pyaar ka punchnama" on DVD yesterday with wife, will give it 4.5/5, a must watch with your beloved..amazing movie..
Old 16th June 2011, 11:56   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron - What a refreshing blast! A complete laugh riot from beginning to end. Naseer and Ravi are delightful, Satish Shah is a real hoot (specially as the corpse), and Pankaj Kapoor and Om Puri are scene stealers in every scene they are in. One of the best comedies ever made in movie history, IMO. Ranks alongside Golmaal (Amol Palekar one). 4 and half stars.
This movie is a true cult comedy.I don't remember how many times i must have seen the movie.

Every thing about this movie is just perfect;the chemistry between Nasirudddin shah and Ravi basvani is amazing.
Old 16th June 2011, 12:04   #1538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
I saw this one too in theatre. I wasted lot of money before i became wise.

Havent seen such a lame movie in years. A 40 year old man (Akshay) making debut in international cricket. Movie makers, tiniest brain also cannot fathom such torture and not to mention total lacklustre performance from everyone else in the movie.

I would like to extend my generous support to the director by rating this movie 0/5
Heh. Saw Patiala House on a flight just last week. What a disaster! Really a joke of a movie.
Old 16th June 2011, 12:18   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
This movie is a true cult comedy.I don't remember how many times i must have seen the movie.

Every thing about this movie is just perfect;the chemistry between Nasirudddin shah and Ravi basvani is amazing.
How can I ever forget "Chashme Baddoor", a movie, that can never be remade. Farooque Shaikh, Ravi Baswani and Rakesh Bedi as three friends and their age old Jawa as their only ride. Saeed Jaffrey as Lallan Miyan, I am still searching for one paan waalah who is as good as Lallan Miyan. Then Deepti Naval with her Chamko Washing Powder.

Wish someone could give me the DVD of this movie.

David Dhawan is doing a blasphemy by remaking the 1981 film Chashme Baddoor. Rishi Kapoor would play the role of Lallan Miyan.

Last edited by traveloholic : 16th June 2011 at 12:20.
Old 16th June 2011, 13:03   #1540
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks RavenAvi and Traveloholic for bringing up the subject of these two great movies. Both were practically anthems to hindi cinema. Not to mention, Golmaal and Angoor ( which incidentally is getting re-made as we speak with Rohit Shetty behind the camera).

JBDY was made by a bunch of NSD students with almost no budget and went on to become a pioneer in comedy movies in bollywood. Alas, none could come closer.

However, some movies like "No Entry" "Hera Pheri" and "Welcome" came about 25%-50% closer to JBDY. There's a long way for any movie to come neck to neck of JBDY.

P.S: Next movie in line " Band Baja Baraat". Reviews please?
Old 16th June 2011, 13:17   #1541
BHPian

@mobike: " Band Baja Baraat" is a one time must watch movie..its not boring and fast moving film..its total timepass i give it a 3.5/5..

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th June 2011 at 20:23. Reason: please avoid quoting an entire post in Bold, thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 13:18   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Mobike:
I did not like "Band Baaja Baraat".
The story line is flawed.
A woman takes a liking to a man. Sleeps with him. Then wants to collect the due in terms of marriage, fidelity and all that Archie Hallmark carp. The man runs away only to come back later. And they live happily ever after.

P.S: I know Hyderabadis love watching movies but you manage to watch almost any film.
Old 16th June 2011, 13:23   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

JBDY was made by a bunch of NSD students with almost no budget and went on to become a pioneer in comedy movies in bollywood. Alas, none could come closer.
Wrong.

This cult comedy was produced by National Film Development Corporation which is a central agency based out of Mumbai.

NFDC: Filming in India, Shooting in India, Indian Movies, Indian Films & Cinema, Bollywood
Old 16th June 2011, 13:24   #1544
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Angoor ( which incidentally is getting re-made as we speak with Rohit Shetty behind the camera).
The remake stars SRK and Tushar Kapoor

SRK might still do ok, but Tushar ??
Old 16th June 2011, 13:36   #1545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
@mobike: " Band Baja Baraat" is a one time must watch movie..its not boring and fast moving film..its total timepass i give it a 3.5/5..
Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Mobike:
P.S: I know Hyderabadis love watching movies but you manage to watch almost any film.
Thanks for reviews.

Download2live, I am huge fan of movies and love mostly english movies. However, I do enjoy a good hindi movie once in a while and also have my favorite set of stars like anyone else. However, prefer watching hindi movies in theatre as watching them at home is intolerable for me.

Having said that, these hindi movie sessions is only to please and support the better half's commands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Wrong.
This cult comedy was produced by National Film Development Corporation which is a central agency based out of Mumbai.
Thanks for correction. Maybe the actors were all colleagues in NSD. Something about NSD just got stuck to me. I was wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The remake stars SRK and Tushar Kapoor

SRK might still do ok, but Tushar ??
All said and done. RS has a flair for comedy and he will come up with something stupidly funny for sure. But, comparing that with original version would be blasphemy

Most Viewed