Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 11:16   #1591
Senior - BHPian

Delhi Belly: full marks for entertainment. Great acting by all the characters. Especially loved Vijay Raaz, the gangster. 3.5 / 5 from me.
Old 5th July 2011, 13:34   #1592
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

I liked the movie. Watched it in Hindi and realized that it has been dubbed. Looking back at most of the dialogues, Hindi seems to be the better bet. But then, I have not seen the English version.

There were quite a few really gross scenes, which could have been avoided...but overall a good movie with quite a lot of entertainment value.

Amir Khan's item song was probably the worst part of it all, along with the Chudail song.
Old 5th July 2011, 14:22   #1593
Senior - BHPian

Watched Delhi Belly yesterday. Had a good laugh! Vijay Raaz was awesome :-)

Rating 3/5
Old 5th July 2011, 14:36   #1594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Delhi Belly: full marks for entertainment. Great acting by all the characters. Especially loved Vijay Raaz, the gangster. 3.5 / 5 from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Watched Delhi Belly yesterday. Had a good laugh! Vijay Raaz was awesome :-)
I couldnt see it last week due to reaching theatre late. Now, its scheduled for thursday as i am usually tied up most nights on office calls. This piece of new of Vijay Raaz has made me even more excited. I simply love this guy and has a huge potential but, not many roles come his way. Bad !

Remember his director cameo in "Welcome"
Old 5th July 2011, 15:00   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Well, Watched an old movie "SOCHA NA THA"
Loved this movie a lot. The simple storyline and the flow of the story was amazing. Not the usual coochie-coochie type of a movie but more of a funy movie to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This piece of new of Vijay Raaz has made me even more excited. I simply love this guy and has a huge potential but, not many roles come his way. Bad !
+1 on that Avi Bhai. He is one of those very few, who have loads of potential in them and can don any role given to them. Vijay Raaz has seen a lot of bollywood in his life alas not much comes his way.
Old 5th July 2011, 17:40   #1596
Senior - BHPian

This news fit here..haha!!
Hyundai mulls legal action against Delhi Belly
Hyundai mulls legal action over Aamir Khan's 'Delhi Belly' - The Economic Times
Old 5th July 2011, 18:13   #1597
BHPian

Watched a hindi thriller called "404 - Error not found". A very engrossing and though provoking movie which is about a haunted room in a medical college hostel.

It's quite rare that supernatural themes are handled in such a matured and intellectual manner in Indian films. Though this film is about a haunting, you won't find any superstitious nonsense, mumbo-jumbo gimmicks and the same old scare tactics. The subject is treated from a very rational persepective.

Great plot, good acting, good atmosphere and the absence of songs make me rate this film a 4.5/5.0. A must watch for anyone who appreciates intelligent cinema and has an interest in the supernatural.
Old 6th July 2011, 15:31   #1598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Watched a hindi thriller called "404 - Error not found". A very engrossing and though provoking movie which is about a haunted room in a medical college hostel
Sounds exciting. After long there seems to be something good in Hindi. Assume its a new movie? Where did you see it?

The last decent hindi horror/supernatural thriller that i enjoyed was the Madhavan starrer (forgot name of movie) which was superb !!!
Old 6th July 2011, 15:50   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Sounds exciting. After long there seems to be something good in Hindi. Assume its a new movie? Where did you see it?

The last decent hindi horror/supernatural thriller that i enjoyed was the Madhavan starrer (forgot name of movie) which was superb !!!
It was titled 13B ,

The one and only truly engrossing horror flick from Bollywood I have seen!
antorquetik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 09:19   #1600
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Delhi Belly"

What a hilariously wacky and rib tickling movie with generous dose of expletives with some really gross and absurd scenes and I am still wondering how it passed through the censor board.

Within a few minutes into the movie I knew this was a heavily LS2SB inspired movie and I settled down for an inevitable good ride considering that being my all time favorite movie.

This was the first movie that I liked Imran in. He was restrained and acted well. His other two pals were very good. Being normal was their speciality

Some scenes of the overweight friend was really gross...I flinched at some of those scenes ( and, sounds...lol)

Special mention of Vijay Raaz, he was an epitome of coolness and acted wonderfully well. Wish he gets more and much meatier ones in future. And, also the landlord, he is also coming up in comedy world. Last seen in No Entry ( Gujju Bhai)

In contrast, I loved the situation song "Chudail" and was horrified with the words used before the song starts..Gawd!! And, even the disco fighter song I liked....I reckon there will be a similar song in the sequel " Disco Fighter"

Overall, its not a classic but, a really good entertaining movie in a completely offbeat way and much better than Peepli Live which was rather grim. Seems like KR has arrived and will be on a roll in future.

It's a MUST 1 or 2 time watch

3.5/5
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 10:35   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Watched "Delhi Belly"

Within a few minutes into the movie I knew this was a heavily LS2SB inspired movie
I too laughed my guts out in this one. Btw what is LS2SB?
Old 8th July 2011, 10:38   #1602
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
I too laughed my guts out in this one. Btw what is LS2SB?
lock stock & 2 smoking barrels......just look up guy ritchie, and get your hands on all his flicks, especially snatch.
youll have a rock'n'rolla time!!
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 10:47   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
lock stock & 2 smoking barrels......just look up guy ritchie, and get your hands on all his flicks, especially snatch.
Ah! I have seen Snatch; ordered LS2SB on seventymm, will watch it over the weekend.
Old 8th July 2011, 12:21   #1604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Ah! I have seen Snatch; ordered LS2SB on seventymm, will watch it over the weekend.
I would rate LS2SB way over Snatch any day though Snatch was also a brilliant film. LS2SM is a classic and such a feat cannot be repeated by GR

Quentin also has a similar record of making 2 great movies. Pulp Fiction is more than a classic and Reservoir Dogs was a close 2nd like Snatch....

Btw, LS2LSB was poorly copied by Bollywood as Phir Hera Pheri....
Old 8th July 2011, 22:27   #1605
Senior - BHPian

Saw Murder 2 earlier today, left the theater screaming bloody murder. Good thing that neither Mohit Suri nor the Bhatt's were anywhere closeby. The only thing worth watching was the Yana Gupta opening number and that too was botched up towards the end. Watch it at your own risk or if you are a big time fan of J F.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks