Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2011, 20:59   #1621
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

A very nice , feel good movie! Did not have high expectations from the movie initially as i only wanted to see Katrina in action, but the movie turned out to be good. All the lead actors have performed well especially Farhan Akhtar! Katrina looked good & acted well also.
Old 17th July 2011, 21:51   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

A very nice , feel good movie! Did not have high expectations from the movie initially as i only wanted to see Katrina in action, but the movie turned out to be good. All the lead actors have performed well especially Farhan Akhtar! Katrina looked good & acted well also.
Three of my favourite actors are there - Abhay Deol, Farhan Akhtar and Katz (though she is not favourite for her acting )

I've seen all of the movies of Abhay Deol and I love his style of acting. Also I've seen only two movies of Farhan Akhtar but I also love his work.
Old 18th July 2011, 04:27   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

What a great movie. I had quite a lot of expectations from this movie since it stars five of my fav stars who are powerhouse of talent. Needless to say, each live up to their personalities and talent.

Lets start with story - its long. One should have patience to sit for 2 and 0.5 hours. It starts slow with not many things disclosed about the lives of 3 friends who take on a trip to Spain - supposed to be a Bachelor party. Slowly it accelerates all the way to finish line. Superbly written. Lots of people compare it with DCH. But both are quite different in the way its shown. Yes the base premise is same but the teachings and story is quite different. I would say both are excellent in their own right and stand tall among 'friends' story. Climax is superb.

Special mention must be made of dialogues and poems. Hats off to father-son duo for coming up with poems and dialogues that will make you shake your head in affirmative. There is humor, there is seriousness and love lingering in most of the dialogues.

Cinematography - Breathtakingly beautiful. Superbly shot, Spain looks beautiful. Makes one go there and explore the stunningly beautiful country side.

Acting. Everybody gets equal screen time and all are exceptional in their own roles. Somehow i can't imagine anybody else in these four roles. Good job. Everytime katrina comes on screen, she managed to take my breath away. She is stunningly beautiful. I noticed most of the time she has no make up on. Hrithik flaunts his physique very well and carries it with elan. Farhan and Abhay are superb, they look good, act good and makes most of the screen time. Kalki is understated but excellent. She needs more roles.

Music - Extremely beautiful, sensible and meaningful song. You won't find any item number, totally urban youth oriented music. Same goes for background music. Perfectly integrated into the story.

Love the cars shown. Two vintage drop tops. Epic.

Any negatives? Sure - Its slow, long but livable. For some it may seem over the top considering they spend a lot on holidays. But i do know this stuff happens in real life. So i agree with what is shown. Some may not agree and find it too filmy.

Overall, don't miss this if you appreciate good cinema.

4.75/5

Sorry for long post.

Last edited by chevelle : 18th July 2011 at 04:30.
Old 18th July 2011, 10:02   #1624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

Lets start with story - its long. One should have patience to sit for 2 and 0.5 hours. ..............................
You know, i went for the 1330 show, came out and thought, "what?its 1730???"
Didnt really fidget during the whole longish duration!
So far its the best hindi flick this year.
its more positive, and i will not compare it to Delhi Belly.Thats an altogether different animal.

The best part was the cluelessness of the 17-25ish crowd , while the whole 25+ was singing(?) (making sounds, better.) alongwith the DD soundtrack!!
Old 18th July 2011, 10:17   #1625
Senior - BHPian

ZNMD - Wonderful movie. Warm, cheerful and good dialogues. No un wanted sentiment anywhere. I am going to see it again this weekend .
Old 18th July 2011, 11:19   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Stanley ka Dabba: Brilliant. SHould watch. It has a lot of arty style attached to it unlike TZP which was very emotional. But a very nice movie to watch. The kids have done a brilliant role in this movie and you will surely miss school after watching this.

Amole Gupte: Hats off
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Watched Stanley ka Dabba!

Unconventional and entertaining. Ending is abrupt though.

3.5 on a scale of 5.
Saw this movie on Tata Sky yesterday. I felt sad that gems like these movies go unnoticed by the general public.
The movie is bound to take you back to your school days. It will remind you of that super strict teacher you had. It will remind you of that wonderful teacher for whom you could do anything in the world. And it will remind you of the friends you had in school... and the tiffins you used to share.
Amol Gupte has not only done a fabulous job of directing this movie, but he has brought a depth to the role of Khadoos.
Of course, the kids were amazing. But i would give the credit for that also to Gupte, because you need an exceptional director to bring out the natural emotions in kids.
I found the message at the end of the movie to be heart wrenching.

Don't miss this movie.

Now, moving on to Delhi Belly. I came across this review of the movie and it made me think

Remains of the Day: Delhi Belly by Abhinay Deo

Well, the review is, i guess, both of the movie, as well as of the people who liked it.
Old 18th July 2011, 14:20   #1627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

Overall, don't miss this if you appreciate good cinema.

4.75/5
Thanks for the review, I am planning to watch it today or tomorrow. One thing I cant stand is Farhan's singing. I find his voice extremely irritating and is not a naturally talented singer. DCH is close to my heart so I am sure I'll like this one too.
Old 18th July 2011, 20:54   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thanks for the review, I am planning to watch it today or tomorrow. One thing I cant stand is Farhan's singing. I find his voice extremely irritating and is not a naturally talented singer. DCH is close to my heart so I am sure I'll like this one too.
He hasn't sang many songs, he only does 'shayari' - poetry in the movies written by his father - Javed Akhtar.

I feel its quite close to their family as they all are into music.

@mayank - it is indeed The movie of the year. Not to take away from Delhi Belly, but both are gonna redefine cinemas just like DCH did around 10 years ago.

Songs are to die for. Superbly worded and extremely serene.

Last edited by chevelle : 18th July 2011 at 20:56.
chevelle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 23:57   #1629
BANNED

ZINDAGI MILEGI Na DOBARA..

Lazing around on a Sunday morning, bro says, why not a movie, i say Delhi Belly, says NO....

Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara... Aaww. those were the lyrics from Rock ON!

What a way to spend my Sunday afternoon, All in our family went and i must say, we were not dissapointed.

The way movie started, it felt as if i am there "IN THE MOVIE" experience. I was just drawn to their life, and the climax made me feel want for more... I just could not digest the fact that the movie was over in those 2.5 hours.

I would not want to rate this movie, its Awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hindi Movies Thread-zindagimileginadobaramoviestills.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 01:30   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Watched Pyaar Ka Punchnama recently and liked the movie. The film does have it's flaws and continuity issues but it's a must watch movie (warning: I feel some people might actually not like this movie at all). Rating : 3.5/5

Planning to watch "Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara" sometime this weekend and the reviews here in TBHP looks to be promising.
Old 19th July 2011, 05:15   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Re: ZINDAGI MILEGI Na DOBARA..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

The way movie started, it felt as if i am there "IN THE MOVIE" experience. I was just drawn to their life, and the climax made me feel want for more... I just could not digest the fact that the movie was over in those 2.5 hours
I agree with you, after the movie was over, i was still seated. Didn't wanted it to end. Its like a journey and i too felt a part of it. Very few films manage to do that. Its awesome.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:08   #1632
Senior - BHPian

The DON is back - am soooo looknig forward to this one, even more than RA.ONE

Last edited by normally_crazy : 19th July 2011 at 12:20.
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 17:52   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Releasing on 23dec Don 2 i feel as per the trailer will be damn good!
Ra one might be a disaster.
Old 19th July 2011, 18:07   #1634
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
even more than RA.ONE
You mean that you have even a tiny winy interest in seeing RA.ONE ?

Comparing this to Don 2 is blasphemy, at least if you consider the initial impressions.

My prediction is that Ra.One is going to bomb big time. This is almost like AB playing 'macho' roles Ajooba, Toofan etc to resurrect his career and hide his age.
Old 20th July 2011, 13:19   #1635
BHPian

i am rarely go to movies , max 3-4 in a year .Saw ZNMD yday what a wonderful movies , witty dialogues,good locations and screenplay .

Most Viewed