Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2011, 07:57   #1711
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Surprised to see not many MBKD review.

I took the risk of watching the movie without reading reviews. It wasn't disappointing. I actually liked the movie.

Its a feel good movie with a predictable story line with good amount of humor thrown in. But since Katrina was there, i had to see it.

Loved her costumes, her style, her acting. Needless to say its because of her its bearable to watch the movie. I can't think of any other actress who could have done this role. Ali Zafar is actually good, hopefully he gets more roles. Imran khan would do well to learn a lesson or two from him about acting.

Songs are superb. Liked 3 songs - Dhunki, Choomantar and Isq Risk. Choreography and Cinematography of Dhunki is very good. Loved Taj Mahal being shown many a times. Direction was ok, a little bit amateurish but watchable.

Overall, a 1 time watch if nothing else to do.

3.5/5
Old 18th September 2011, 13:02   #1712
Senior - BHPian

Mere Brother ki Dulhan

Starring Imran Khan, Katrina Kaif, the movie is enjoyable but just for once. The film dioes have some light moments. But nice to see Katrina growing as an actress. In fact almost whole of the film is watchable just because of her spontenity. Imran Khan has two left feet, Ali zafar in some places has the coming timing.

Rating: 3.5/5
Old 19th September 2011, 11:08   #1713
BHPian

Same here, watched the movie only for Katrina, and she was good in the movie. I think Mr. Imran needs to get out of this feel good, puppy love type of roles and do something else. The last few movies of his have all been the similar in nature and he is trying this chocolate boy thing a bit too much.
Old 19th September 2011, 16:06   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post

Loved her costumes, her style, her acting. Needless to say its because of her its bearable to watch the movie. I can't think of any other actress who could have done this role. Ali Zafar is actually good, hopefully he gets more roles. Imran khan would do well to learn a lesson or two from him about acting.

3.5/5
+1 to that. Would not have enjoyed the movie if Katrina wasn't in it; she has very good comic timing.
Old 24th September 2011, 11:46   #1715
BHPian

Movie:Mausam

Review: I made the biggest mistake of my life by watching this movie. It is a complete waste of time and money. The movie is utter rubbish. The promos itself were not that interesting but I still decided to watch this movie. The first half is some what bearable with some amount of sense in it but where this movie reaches the height of stupidity is the 2nd half. Please do not ask me what is so stupid in that. Do not even dare to go for this movie. There are better options than this movie - Watch Speedy Singhs or Johnny English instead. The end of this movie is pathetic. There is no link whatsoever between the starting of the movie and the ending of the movie. Pankaj Kapoor - I suppose this was your first directorial debut. You definately need to learn a lot! Music is strictly average, dialogues are pathetic, acting is poor.

Last edited by Saanil : 24th September 2011 at 11:48.
Old 24th September 2011, 13:13   #1716
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Movie:Mausam

Review: I made the biggest mistake of my life by watching this movie. It is a complete waste of time and money. The movie is utter rubbish. The promos itself were not that interesting but I still decided to watch this movie.
Shucks! It took them 2 years to make a dud. I was always of the opinion that movies which take unreasonably long time always crash at the BO.

And, they have the gall to advertise that as a USP

Shahid can never come anywhere near Tom Cruise. Considering his usually inane movies, he's a flop star and things wont change in future.
Old 24th September 2011, 13:49   #1717
Team-BHP Support

Was it yesterday, the entire first page and second page of TOI was taken up Mausam ad?

My first thought was are they desperate? Looking at this review, I guess they are. On one hand we have a master actor like Pankaj Kapoor directing the movie, but his son hardly inherited anything from the dad, let alone talent. May be that is why this movie took 2 years to make, the dad must have kept doing retakes until the son gave a near decent performance. May be PK just gave up and finished the movie.
Old 25th September 2011, 11:07   #1718
Senior - BHPian

MAUSAM - absolutely insane disgusting movie. Right from the script to the acting to the entire plot. What were they thinking ?

The end makes you actually cry and weep on the absolutely brainless ending and climax. Disgusting to the core.

-5 / 5
Old 27th September 2011, 01:52   #1719
BHPian

MAUSAM: Horrible is not the word, that was the biggest mistake of my life. Waste of time and money. If you want to torture someone please let them watch it, the best punishment
Old 27th September 2011, 10:13   #1720
Senior - BHPian

Guys, was the movie MAUSAM in the same league as Ramgopal Verma ki Aag ?

Rohan
Old 27th September 2011, 10:24   #1721
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Guys, was the movie MAUSAM in the same league as Ramgopal Verma ki Aag ?

Rohan

I havent seen mausam yet, but at least peopl eare able to type 4 sentences about it, even if is to lambast it, without puking.
so no, aag is still safe on its perch!!

Who here has sat through "aag", for informations sake?
Old 28th September 2011, 12:54   #1722
BANNED

Is Ra.one based on Ravan the mythological figure from Ramayana? Anyone know. The name made be think.

Though "Wanna be my chammak challo" wouldnt be the pick up line used by Ravan I believe.
Old 28th September 2011, 14:15   #1723
BHPian

Ra One is the villan...Arjun Rampal...SRK is someone else I think G One....the movie is named after the villan..and is probably headed towards being one of the biggest flops of all times...the promos really show some poor special effects..
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 16:28   #1724
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Ra One is the villan...Arjun Rampal...SRK is someone else I think G One....the movie is named after the villan..and is probably headed towards being one of the biggest flops of all times...the promos really show some poor special effects..
Thanks. Yeah now it makes sense. So they twisted Ravan to this. LOL!! Looking at that creativity I don't think the movie will have anything left.

Now G.one will be reincarnation of G.zero to take over Ra.one.

The last movie of Shah Rukh Khan I ever watched was that Amitabh Bachan and Hrithik Roshan one.

Didn't have the guts to watch any of his fare after that. Unless I see parts of it when the TV is on.

But one of my favorite movies ever - Kabhie Haan Kabhie Na had him as the hero. And he has never matched that performance ever.
Old 28th September 2011, 16:40   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Thanks. Yeah now it makes sense. So they twisted Ravan to this. LOL!! Looking at that creativity I don't think the movie will have anything left.

Now G.one will be reincarnation of G.zero to take over Ra.one.

The last movie of Shah Rukh Khan I ever watched was that Amitabh Bachan and Hrithik Roshan one.

Didn't have the guts to watch any of his fare after that. Unless I see parts of it when the TV is on.

But one of my favorite movies ever - Kabhie Haan Kabhie Na had him as the hero. And he has never matched that performance ever.

After that he started hamming...and has since not stopped...
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed