Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 17:54   #1726
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Thanks. Yeah now it makes sense. So they twisted Ravan to this. LOL!! Looking at that creativity I don't think the movie will have anything left.

Now G.one will be reincarnation of G.zero to take over Ra.one.

The last movie of Shah Rukh Khan I ever watched was that Amitabh Bachan and Hrithik Roshan one.

Didn't have the guts to watch any of his fare after that. Unless I see parts of it when the TV is on.

But one of my favorite movies ever - Kabhie Haan Kabhie Na had him as the hero. And he has never matched that performance ever.
its incredible the only SRK film I ever liked was Kabhi Ha Kabhi Na. all the mushy mushy melodramas after that (each one more pathetic than the last one). Even Swades or that hockey flick were not as good.

Absolutely no expectations from Ra1. My wife is a huge SRK fan and pulled me to the theatres for my name is khan. now she is not very much interested in "wasting" money for this one!
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 18:41   #1727
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Spitfire Bro, apart from the dreams, here we go again with KHKH I might have watched this about 20 times in theatre alone after my 9th std exams. A friend and used to head out for checking out any random movie in our small hometown and end up watching this one.

Somebody was telling me SRK did this movie for about 25-30K. Not sure how true that would be.
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 18:51   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Somebody was telling me SRK did this movie for about 25-30K. Not sure how true that would be.
I think SRK works best at that price. They might have to try that again.
Old 28th September 2011, 19:38   #1729
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Spitfire Bro, apart from the dreams, here we go again with KHKH I might have watched this about 20 times in theatre alone after my 9th std exams. A friend and used to head out for checking out any random movie in our small hometown and end up watching this one.

Oh this is going good. So I might have a Ducati someday then.

Seriously man I can watch that movie a million times on and on. That hauntingly awesome reinvention of Moldau with the mouth organ plays in my head all the while.

The movie leaves such a nice feeling inside. Its great to be imperfect. And the storyline so much resembles bits of our lives.

I wish he did a Sunil of Kabhie Haan Kabhie Haan more often.
Old 28th September 2011, 20:14   #1730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Guys, was the movie MAUSAM in the same league as Ramgopal Verma ki Aag ?

Rohan
No movie can come even close to Ramgopal Verma Ki Aag. It is the worst movie made, ever.
Old 29th September 2011, 16:50   #1731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
its incredible the only SRK film I ever liked was Kabhi Ha Kabhi Na.
I loved SRK in KOYLA - he had to shut up for 90% of the time in the movie.
normally_crazy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 17:04   #1732
Team-BHP Support

And I loved him in Dil Chahta Hai
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 17:06   #1733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I loved SRK in KOYLA - he had to shut up for 90% of the time in the movie.
+1. He is all marketing and zero acting.

I liked him best in Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na ( He was not good, simply awesome in this movie) then Pardes and after that in Chak De. All other movies, he was below par. Dont know how he got a superstar status with just few gems in his basket
Old 30th September 2011, 16:08   #1734
BHPian

+1 to that.Would also like to add Swades to the list..his acting was pretty much bearable. but i think the real credit in all these situations goes to the director and not the actors.
Old 30th September 2011, 17:35   #1735
BHPian

SRK did a pretty good job in Darr too; the character he played had people rooting for the villain.
Old 30th September 2011, 17:42   #1736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Who here has sat through "aag", for informations sake?
I did. I am one big fan of RGV. But stopped watching him after Aag.

After a long break ventured for Not a love story and I still have a feeling that my brain got disoriented after watching the camera change its angle so many times.

Seriously, RGV is such a talented chap, it is sad to see him wasting himself. I think he just got bored with himself doing the same stuff but boring us in order to overcome his boredom.

He should start screening his movies for free and should charge the money from Medical Stores that he might want to give rights to be established near the cinemas!
Old 2nd October 2011, 11:33   #1737
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Hum Tum Shabana" starring Tushaar Kapoor, Shreyas Talpade and Miniisha Lamba

To be honest, none of the above actors excited me and I purely went to see this movie just for my two favorite comedians. Satish Kaushik and Sanjay Mishra.

From the time movie starts to some minutes before it ends (we walked out about 20 mins before movie ends) the entire movie is so noisy, it's almost ear-damaging. Not a single dialogue is delivered without a background soundtrack which was so irritating, i felt like tearing my hair apart.

Story of of TK and ST always trying to better each other in work and that carried over winning their love for Shabana (ML). Unfortunately, Shabana's uncle ( Satish Kaushik) happens to be a don and wants to select one of the two who passes his " Don Training" with trainer none other than his side-lick Sanjay Mishra. This concept had immense potential for laughs but, was handled rather poorly

Out of the two heroes, ST is undoubtedly a fluent actor than TK and invokes a few laughs. Satish Kaushik and Sanjay Mishra were simply wasted

AVOID THIS MOVIE

1/5
Old 2nd October 2011, 13:11   #1738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
T

The last movie of Shah Rukh Khan I ever watched was that Amitabh Bachan and Hrithik Roshan one.

Rab Ne Bana di jodi and Chak De are watchable after that. Made a mistake of going to My Name is Kkan. To rub it in, it was a treat on me and I paid 600 bucks for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
And I loved him in Dil Chahta Hai
Where did SRK act in DCH?
Old 2nd October 2011, 17:14   #1739
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Where did SRK act in DCH?
Gotcha . I loved him because he wasn't there.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 17:37   #1740
Team-BHP Support

Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster

I saw this movies trailer while I was watching another movie and dismissed it as boring & predictable. But boy, was I wrong

I generally check TOIs reviews of a movie, and do just the opposite of what they say ;p They rated it very highly. Hence, I dismissed the movie from my plans. Then read HT and they too rated it good. Same with Rediff and NDTV. It was a good rating unanimously. So went ahead and saw it.

Will not divulge the story here, but it has enough twists and turns to keep you interested. The acting from Jimmy Shergill, Mahi Gill and Randeep Huda is top notch. The villian has done a fantastic job too.

Rating: 4 stars

Most Viewed