Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2012, 12:32   #2026
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Saw Bol Bachan and I have to say it is mindless and a waste of 2.5 hours.

Rohit Shetty and Abhishek Bachan - you are pathetic !!

Krishna the comedian was very good although very less screentime. Archana Puran Singh was also good.

Watch it only if you should but leave your brains behind.

2/5
Old 14th July 2012, 23:19   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Cocktail

A very good youthful movie with great foot tapping music, breath taking locales, excellent acting and something that we could relate to in real life.

The story is nothing new, but the way it is scripted is very good. Good dose of humor in right places, sadness faced by the trio and the problems faced are all good enough to make this atleast a one time watch.

The story dips and slows in second hour but it was expected considering the first was full of fun, frolic and laughter.

Special mention must be made of music. It is awesome. I liked all the songs. The club songs are gonna be hit. I am already stuck to 'Angrezi Beat' and it is super.

Diana is very pretty, graceful and acts ok for a debut. I don't like Deepika too much but she did really good. Without her it wouldn't have been much fun. Cocktail will be to Deepika what Namaste London was to Katrina. SAK is good and excels in this kinda role. Dimple Kapadia and Boman Irani are top notch. Both are hilarious in places. Randeep Hooda was wasted.

4/5
Old 15th July 2012, 22:06   #2028
Team-BHP Support

Agneepath:

Just caught this movie on TV.
Its such a stupid movie.

Absolutely no logic. Compare it with a movie like Gangs of Wasseypur. Both are similar stories. The hero's dad is killed and that starts a revenge story.

But look at the way Manoj's character is built. He never lets down his guard when dealing with the other group. Unlike this stupid movie where you have the hero go straight into the villain's island. Get strung down from the ceiling. Then Sajay lets him go back.

Om Puri is a top cop and Hrithik a known history sheeter meets him at his house.

I should have switched off the movie in the first 10-15 minutes itself. When Om Puri describes Hritik's character in a meeting.
Non sense movie.
Old 18th July 2012, 17:12   #2029
Senior - BHPian

Here are my predictions about up-coming movies:

Jism-2 : Unless there is some mammoth goof-up on her part, Sunny Leone might just pull this one off. Story wise I think we all will be let down. We are tired of the same stuff. Are Bhatts listening?

Kaya super kool hai hum: Movie which I would have watched in theater if it was not for my 8 month hyper active daughter. Will rake in good money. Might even end up like "Masti" which started slow but later on collected decent money.

Ek Tha Tiger:
Something is missing. I can't exactly put my finger on it. But something is amiss. That edge is not there.
Then I saw. Yash Raj Movie.
Frankly speaking BodyGuard was thrash. But Sallu bhai carried it all the way to box-office glory. In fact it made more money than Dabangg.

But how far will this one go? I am not sure. To be honest I did not like Dhoom or Dhoom-2. Something about Yash Raj Movies. Whatever they touch becomes soft and pulpy.

Ek Tha Tiger. Sorry but I am not going to theater to watch it.

Last edited by download2live : 18th July 2012 at 17:14.
Old 19th July 2012, 15:47   #2030
BHPian

Watched two movies this last week:

Bol Bacchan - Well its good for what its supposed to be and thats total time pass. There is story with a 100 holes in it, but then we all knew that. If you want the movie to have a message/story/any sense stay at home. If you are like me and want a movie to be complete time pass go for it. Reminds me of the Govinda-Sanjay Dutt movies of old. Good fun and not a dull moment.

Cocktail - So so movie, with so so performances, except for Deepika. I think she did a good job in this one, though I usually tend to not like her performances. The movie is probably average, with the plot having been done to death. I mean almost anyne will know how its going to end. But anyway, 1 time watch, and if you cant go to the theater to watch it, dont fret.
Old 19th July 2012, 21:00   #2031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post

Jism-2 : Unless there is some mammoth goof-up on her part, Sunny Leone might just pull this one off. Story wise I think we all will be let down. We are tired of the same stuff. Are Bhatts listening?
As per the views expressed by Mahesh Bhatt, he just doesnt care it seems. Im saying this after viewing him on Love 2 hate u.

-----------------

Housefull 2: Such a waste of time. Why do people even make such movies? Screaming, slapping, some clowning, dialogues that have no creativity.

Comedies should be like Munna Bhai or 3 idiots.
Old 20th July 2012, 09:57   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post

Ek Tha Tiger:
Something is missing. I can't exactly put my finger on it. But something is amiss. That edge is not there.
Then I saw. Yash Raj Movie.
Frankly speaking BodyGuard was thrash. But Sallu bhai carried it all the way to box-office glory. In fact it made more money than Dabangg.

Ek Tha Tiger. Sorry but I am not going to theater to watch it.
Looks like Salman has stuck to the formula of action and goofy dialogues. Worst thing you can do now, is repeat yourself, which he is doing time and again.

I am desperately waiting for Gangs of Wasseypur - 2 : Big time fan of Nawazuddin Siddiqui (Kahani, GoW-1, Firaaq, Paan Singh Tomar)
Old 16th August 2012, 12:21   #2033
Senior - BHPian

'Ek Tha Tiger'

After Watching 'Ek Tha Tiger' I Can Safely Conclude that Salman Khan Is No Less Than RajniKant! Mind it

All I can say is that it is just another Much hyped movie.

Definitely watchable but go without any expectations.

A time pass movie full of Rajni style action so will give 2.5/5.
Old 16th August 2012, 13:11   #2034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
A time pass movie full of Rajni style action so will give 2.5/5.
I dont agree with you.

Yes, except for maybe 1-2 scenes and especially the last scene where Sallu jumps from his bike into a plane all other action scenes have been shot with amazing reality that i first time experienced in a bollywood movie (during fist fights bollywood has fascination of background score which is not there in hollywood movies)

"Ek Tha Tiger" starring ONLY Salman Khan

What an awesome movie, enjoyed every bit of it and will probably see it again (which is a rarity)

Highlight of the movie is beautiful photography,exotic locales and action scenes were choreographed "almost" to international standards and quite believable. Totally loved Salman' entry into the movie

Shot in Bourne series style with a lot of international locales and first time ever in bollywood action scenes using "parkour" (google it) style with lot of running chases in which Salman totally excelled and Katrina looked mindblowingly awesome and excelled in running scenes too (took me totally by surprised)

Songs were a dampener though except for the last one during the credits.

Another dampener was almost zilch comedy which we usually expect from salman's movies. Also, he looked a bit puffy and wee bit on heavier side

It's really worth a watch and is an out and out sallu bhai movie and even posh crowds in Multiplexes were hooting and cat-calling ( that's the power of Sallu over the other khans)

Btw, it has grossed Rs.35 crores on first day itself. Highest first day grosser ever (as confirmed by David Dhawan who met a Team-Bhpian at Delhi airport today morning)

Enjoy !!!

4\5
Old 16th August 2012, 14:03   #2035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I dont agree with you.
Well off course when it comes to movies/cars/etc it depends on person to person - opinion varies and I respect individual opinions.

BUT

There are many scenes in the movie which were over the top like Salman stopping the train with his coat by bending the train's power connector (I don't know what that thing is exactly called). Only Rajnikant can do such type of stuff.

Salman is repeating same thing in every coming movie which is action & more action and this creates boredom. Salman Khan is my favorite actor but he should not confine himself to only one type of genre and that too back to back in very short period of time.

This movie will definitely succeed no doubt about that - It has Salman, Katrina, action & love story what else is required. India TV has also predicted that it will touch 200 crore mark.

I have written in my earlier post that it is definitely watchable but it din't meet my expectations.

Last edited by bluevolt : 16th August 2012 at 14:08.
Old 16th August 2012, 14:27   #2036
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There are many scenes in the movie which were over the top like Salman stopping the train with his coat by bending the train's power connector (I don't know what that thing is exactly called). Only Rajnikant can do such type of stuff.
I mentioned 1 or 2 scenes and you covered the other scene. Apart from these 2 scenes every bit of action scene was beilevable and I am not a fan of bollywood action.

A bit of superhero is usually added for mass effect. We need to overlook such small ( not literally) heroics

Quote:
Salman is repeating same thing in every coming movie which is action & more action and this creates boredom. Salman Khan is my favorite actor but he should not confine himself to only one type of genre and that too back to back in very short period of time.
Well, Wanted, Dabangg and Ready were his previous releases. Except Wanted, other two had heavy sprinkle of humour along with action.

Its a trend with all heros. whichever genre is hit they make consecutively same type of movies till the one that flops badly. Its like a perenial bollywood graph

Quote:
This movie will definitely succeed no doubt about that - It has Salman, Katrina, action & love story what else is required. India TV has also predicted that it will touch 200 crore mark
35 crores in 1st day. 200 Crores looks like a small figure to achieve

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th August 2012 at 14:28.
Old 16th August 2012, 15:29   #2037
Senior - BHPian

Ek Tha Tiger - A movie that never makes up its mind about being an action movie or a love story.

Same old formula treated in the same old way with international locations.

Boy meets girl, falls in love, misunderstanding, meet again, elope, fight and win - both the boy and girl being agents of India and Pakistan respectively.

The action scenes are the saving grace in the movie and the locales of Cuba are throbbing with stunning cars in each and every frame shot there..wow.

Katrina looks stunning but Salman looks over weight for a raw agent. They share zero chemistry as lovers....the movie falls flat there itself.

the last scene, where Katrina is flying a plane while looking behind is so silly....

No songs worth listening or watching..surprising for a yrf production.

Verdict - 2/5.
Old 16th August 2012, 16:25   #2038
BHPian

Ek Tha Tiger :
- Where is the story ?? Inexistent plot.
Kabir Khan ?
- Neither intelligent nor romantic.

- No Salman type masala either
. Another Agent Vinod like disappointment

+ Stunning sequences(Opening and the Cuba one !) using parkour style action. (Similar to what it is seen in Bourne and transporter series). Well almost !
+ Lovely locations
+ Katrina looked great. Relatively more natural acting

Overall : 2/5. Mediocre (Save for Salman)
Old 19th August 2012, 10:27   #2039
Distinguished - BHPian

review of EK THA TIGER?
Well,two status messages i saw on facebook sum it up amply.

1. ek tha tiger jo mere 18 $ aur 3 ghante kha gaya.
2. ek tha tiger......had it not been for SAVE THE TIGER,would have shot this one.

platinum coated golden razzie for the level of shoddiness this movie has brought back. if you have anything better to do,and that includes watching wind erode a granite slab, do the other thing.
Old 20th August 2012, 12:53   #2040
BANNED

Ek Tha Tiger:

Dont want to rate it. But to put it in single line. Recent Hawai Chappal advt by salman khan looks more relistic than many action scenes in the movie.

Train scene and Climax aeroplane scene was really hillarious.

Law of inertia - it doesnt exist.

Probably thats reason film is being pushed across almost on every available screen so that viewers dont have much option but to watch this during long weekends. Media is also fueling news about daily box office collection !!

Just any other average movie. Nothing great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks