Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2012, 00:02   #2176
BHPian

Watched Talaash today. Indeed the answer lies within :-P

I liked the movie. It certainly got me thinking once I came back home. Certainly a non-regular bollywood fare. It's story is quite complex with a regular mixture of past & present.

Aamir Khan delivers yet again. Kareena is excellent. Rani is ok. But the person who walks with the honours is Nawazuddin Siddiqui. Brilliant acting by him. A special mention of DOP, the.shades have been caught very well. Ram Sampath's background score is catchy.

My rating: 3.5/5

P.S: Also saw the trailer of Race-2 before Talaash. There's a scene in which Saif gets down from his yellow Lambo, mouths a dialogue & moves away. The Lambo blasts into flames, but hey its not a Lambo before it blasts. Rather a cheap looking dummy. An easy catch for motorheads.
Old 2nd December 2012, 19:32   #2177
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Makkhi: Watched it on TataSky showcase. Let me dumb it down a little bit first. There are plot holes, and dont expect a solid story. Now for the good part. The film is a total entertainer. Sudeep is a class act as a villain, just superb. Audience know how the film will end right at the beginning just like in all movies but the movie just makes it so entertaining. Not many dull moments, length is just right, good action, and kudos to the makkhi.

3.75/5.

Last edited by Blue_V : 2nd December 2012 at 19:55.
Old 2nd December 2012, 20:11   #2178
PGA
BHPian

Saw Talaash yesterday, must say a lot of relief after an endless bout of Salman/Rajnikanthesque type of stuff like Dabang, Singham, Rowdy and SOS. Kareena undoubtedly stood out, intensity was missing in Aamir's act, intended perhaps. Overall a very well made and watchable movie. My rating 3.5/5
Old 3rd December 2012, 08:56   #2179
MCR
BHPian

Watched Talash yesterday. Aamir Khan is simply excellent in this movie. The story is very off-beat. Though the narrative is slow, the camera work more than makes up.

My rating - 3.5/5
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:34   #2180
Senior - BHPian

Watched Talaash last night. Liked the movie but it seems I was expecting more!
Overall, good to see some different story that he brings in, but may not keep the audience wandering for long! May be that one extra point for Aamir and Cinematorgraphy.
3.5/5

Note from Support: Please do not post spoilers. Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd December 2012 at 21:27.
Old 3rd December 2012, 21:31   #2181
Team-BHP Support

I loved Talaash. 4 stars from my side.

Background score, Kareena Kapoor & cinematography were all superb. Hats off to Aamir Khan.

Which is his next film ?
Old 3rd December 2012, 22:12   #2182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy
I loved Talaash. 4 stars from my side.

Background score, Kareena Kapoor & cinematography were all superb. Hats off to Aamir Khan.

Which is his next film ?
Aamir Khan's next movie is titled 'PK' to be directed by Rajkumar Hirani. It's also said that AK's son Junaid Khan would be assisting the director.
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:34   #2183
Senior - BHPian

Talaash

I had great expectations from the movie. But the moment first scene came on, i knew what the ending would be. The main story line is very predictable but the other stories that are integrated is very good and keeps you entertained a little.

The music is strictly ok. Background music is in sync with the mood. The acting by AK, KK, RM is awesome. The underrated performance came from the limping guy - Temur. DOP is great, capturing the mood perfectly. Direction is good. I am not sure if its a debut movie or has she done before but it is very matured.

Trim the movie a little as it is very long and at times it gets boring.

Overall a one time watch. Something different and something to think about when you are out of theater.

3.25/5
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:39   #2184
BHPian

Watched Talaash tonight. It was a fantastic movie. 4 stars from my side.

Many of you have said all the good there is about the movie, so nothing extra to add from my side. No doubt Aamir and Kareena along with Rani played their roles very well. However we are forgetting Nawazuddin Siddique.

That actor has some calibre. Every role that he plays from Judas in Paan Singh Tomar, to the Michael Corleone in GOW, to Intelligence agent in Kahaani, every role of his is immersive. He was a supporting cast, but I felt his acting deserves an applause. Im sure if I hadnt seen his other movies before, Id have really thought him to be physically challenged as he was in the movie. Hats off to him.

Go watch the movie guys. You wont regret it, unless you are a fan of comedy movies and mindless drama being dished out these days. The trailer of Khiladi 786 showed me how Id be saving my time and money by not going to it.
ABCD the dance movie is like a copy of Step Up series but the music though "INSPIRED" sounds good.

The only movie im looking out for watching in 2013 is Milkha. Trailer was awesome. Lets hope it doesnt disappoint.
Old 4th December 2012, 02:04   #2185
Senior - BHPian

Watched Talaash & I am going to swim against the tide here.

Hated the movie, complete waste of the star cast. Rani was completely wasted. Too many twists for a lame ending. Kareena looked brilliant, Aamir was at his usual. The ending for his Son's storyline was completely out of sync for me & did not make any sense. The movie starts well but looses plot quickly & becomes very boring, some of it makes sense at the end, most of it does not.

Songs were situational so they blend in but nothing great to listen standalone.

No where compared to Kahaani, heck 'Karthik calling Karthik' was better than this one.

2.5/5
Old 4th December 2012, 02:47   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched Talaash & I am going to swim against the tide here.

Hated the movie, complete waste of the star cast. Rani was completely wasted. Too many twists for a lame ending. Kareena looked brilliant, Aamir was at his usual. The ending for his Son's storyline was completely out of sync for me & did not make any sense. The movie starts well but looses plot quickly & becomes very boring, some of it makes sense at the end, most of it does not.

Songs were situational so they blend in but nothing great to listen standalone.

No where compared to Kahaani, heck 'Karthik calling Karthik' was better than this one.

2.5/5
+1. It was too predictable for me. And his son's story was put up just to introduce Karina to Aamir . There was absolutely no connection to that part of the story to the main story line, for example Rani's role - it had nothing to do with main story line.
Old 4th December 2012, 14:20   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Watched Talaash over the weekend.
While I was pretty happy to see a 'not so run of the mill story', i felt that the ending was dragged to make it a run of the mill story.

Cant really put in words, where the movie should've ended, cause that would give away the plot, but would only say, they should've ended it where Aamir Khan finds out the truth.

On the acting front, I thought everyone did very well. Kareena Kapoor plays the part perfectly. After Chameli, this one was equally well carried out.
Rani as the simpleton home maker is also brilliant.
As far as Aamir Khan is concerned, enough has been said about his acting abilities. He doesnt dissapoint on that front either.

Goofs (from a BHPian's perspective): The doors of an Esteem close with a typical European car 'thud' .
Old 4th December 2012, 14:57   #2188
BHPian

Talaash: I would rate 3.5 / 5!

Nit-picking:
1. Does SIM card hold last dialled list?
2. Did the skid marks and the steps justify the projectile motion of the car?

I also think the movie should have ended when Aamir learns the truth. There was no need for the explanation at all. That would have made an ending like Inception!

Thanks..
Old 6th December 2012, 10:18   #2189
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Talaash"

I was highly disappointed with this movie. Why?

Firstly, they are wrongly marketing the movie saying its a whodunit theme but, i found almost 60% of the movie only dealing with Aamir Khan's emotional trauma which according to me was excessively done ( they could have just shown a fleeting glimpse and concentrated on the core of the movie which was supposed to be the crime/suspense). Crime Patrol on Sony could have easily handled Talaash movie presentation better ( and here we are talking about a much hyped Aamir Khan movie)

Aamir Khan loiters around the movie lost in his personal grief with absolutely no interest to solve the crime on hand and his casual questions give him ready answers and the crime case moves forward lurchingly

Kareen Kapoor tried hard to get into her character. AK had the same grief stricken face and moist eyes throughout the movie and I wasnt impressed with his acting either.

Rani Mukherjee sizzled in those simple houswife saree and had a raw sex-appeal

I was impressed with Nawazuddin the most as he was fabulous in his small role and looked the part convincingly

Cinematography is straight inspiration from Kahaani (no-one can disagree with me on this one)

Overall, I would say skipping this movie would not make you lose any of your sleep as it's no WHODUNIT for sure

2/5 ( Just because of the starcast and mood of the movie)
Old 6th December 2012, 10:29   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Watched "Talaash"

I was impressed with Nawazuddin the most as he was fabulous in his small role and looked the part convincingly
I feel method acting is hitting India big time and soon the mindless cinema shall be part of history. You and I seem particularly pleased with Nawazuddin's acting.

Have a look at his imdb picture with the suit and compare it alongside his latest character. This guy is very professional and is going to be a megastar someday. He is improving with leaps and bounds in every movie. My parents couldnt recognise him at all in his new avtar. I had to remind them he was the officer in Kahani then they were impressed with his skills.

I mean the way he has carried out the role of a limping beggar, not for one second do you see a mistake in his acting. This guy is a perfectionist.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks