Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2013, 14:17   #2266
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Kai Po Che : 3.5/5

Kai Po Che was a good watch. Nothing spectacular, but nothing bad either. Good actors, good script, good music.

But I wish the team had done a bit of groundwork on the basics.
- Nokia 1110 was introduced in 2005. (1100 was introduced a year earlier I believe)
- Very few people owned mobiles in 2001
- Even if they did, sms-ing became popular in 2001 2nd half only.

(nitpicking out here)
Old 3rd March 2013, 12:27   #2267
BHPian

The Attacks of 26/11.
Rating:0/5 (Can we give negative ratings?)

This has to be one of the worst movies of the year. RGV should take a break. I'm not going to watch a RGV movie anymore. Absolute crap. Don't waste your money watching this

Last edited by Rufus_M : 3rd March 2013 at 12:29.
Old 8th March 2013, 14:03   #2268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
The main hero of the movie is the cinematographer who captures the essence of 1980's to the hilt. I had to rub my eyes many times to really digest the fact that Connaught Place and Safdargung was like that in 1980's. Standing ovation to director and cinematographer for showing how Delhi, Calcutta and Mumbai were like that during 80's

4.5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
+ 1 to what Mobike has stated already. Use of Ambassadors (all marks), old rickshaws, old police jeep, M800s, attention to detail in number plates (white lettering on black as against now); v
With due regards to all you guys (& to which I myself agree), was I the only one to spot a white '00 generation Maruti 800 twice in a scene?
Old 8th March 2013, 16:05   #2269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
With due regards to all you guys (& to which I myself agree), was I the only one to spot a white '00 generation Maruti 800 twice in a scene?
Well, the second time i wanted to see didnt happen so that leaves me with a recollection of what I can think of from my first time which means, I dont remember spotting a '00 Maruti ( new shape you mean and not the box type?)

Jokes apart, even if that botch happened, we can ignore it for the sheer brilliance of rest of the movie.
Old 8th March 2013, 16:16   #2270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Jokes apart, even if that botch happened, we can ignore it for the sheer brilliance of rest of the movie.
^There is no doubt about it!

& yes, I meant the new shape 800. Surely I need to check again, but at the first instance, I pointed out this to my wife while watching the movie.

Regards,
Saket
Old 9th March 2013, 22:26   #2271
Distinguished - BHPian

Unlucky enough to go see Sahib,biwi and gangster part 2. Avoid it like the plague. Absolute piece of crap. Part 1 is where they should have left the movie.
Old 17th March 2013, 01:15   #2272
BANNED

Watched Jolly LLB today.

Very well acted movie and a nice plot too with a message. Worth a weekend watch. The songs were of no use and Amrita Rao had no role in the movie.

3.5/5.
Old 17th March 2013, 08:37   #2273
Distinguished - BHPian

^^Contrary to what @n.devdath has mentioned, I wouldn't ask one to spend money on this movie.

Jolly LLB : 2/5

Waste of an excellent star cast, un-necessary songs, a botched up script, and needless drama-scenes. Would recommend to give it a miss.
Old 17th March 2013, 14:14   #2274
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched Jolly LLB on Friday. Its an average movie at best! Even if one doesn't watch it, its not going to make a huge difference! It did make a difference to me as i ended up spending 300 bucks on this movie.Must say the performances by Arshad Warsi, Boman Irani & the actor playing the Judge were good. Songs were bad plus they were unnecessary. The Director of this movie apparently is gonna direct the next Munnabhai series! Well, good luck to Vidhu Vinod Chopra then!
Old 17th March 2013, 14:38   #2275
Distinguished - BHPian

How about mere dad ki maruti. Any first hand reviews on that? Planning to go watch in the evening.
Old 17th March 2013, 22:34   #2276
Distinguished - BHPian

Well finally watched Jolly llb today. The movie could have been a lot better. The sarcasms, comedy everything could have been better. Even the courtroom scenes were not upto the mark I felt except in places. For instance the dialogues/speeches were so much better in OMG court room scenes. Overall I would say 2.5/5.
Old 19th March 2013, 15:01   #2277
Senior - BHPian

Agree with all the reviews on Jolly LLB. Better to wait till the DVD/TV version happens. Saurabh Shukla and Boman Irani were a tad better than Arshad in this one.
Old 21st March 2013, 09:39   #2278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
How about mere dad ki maruti. Any first hand reviews on that? Planning to go watch in the evening.
Mere Dad ki Maruti - is a nice hilarious light movie. A simple plot - dad gets a new car to gift the daughter for her marriage and his nalayak son loses the car trying to impress the hot new girl in town. How they get it back is the movie.

Performances are top class - I loved the guy who played Gattu. All other chip in with good performances.

The movie nails it because it gets the essence of the place where it is based, spot on. It's based in Chandigarh and it is spot on with the way youth today in this country walk, talk, dress, act...

The one scene that brings the house down is the performance the would be bride gives during her sangeet - that was AWESOME !

I would say - Go watch it

Verdict - 4/5. A fun , silly movie that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 21st March 2013 at 09:40.
Old 21st March 2013, 10:51   #2279
BHPian

Watched Mere Dad ki Maruti the other day, and the movie is ok. Just a simple story.. If you would like to watch a movie this week then I guess I would recommend this movie over Jolly LLB and 3G, not because its great but because of lack of a better alternative.

I would give it 3/5
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:52   #2280
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched 3G last night. Would rate it 2/5. Nothing much to be said here...but one thing that is worth mentioning is that it has some lovely & exotic shots of the landscapes & beaches of Fiji islands. I watched it on my home theater & about 100 inches of screen which made the experience great.

Rest of the plot and story line has nothing great to offer. Not to be watched with family due to the underlying message and some explicit scenes.

Regards,
Saket

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks