Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2013, 12:20   #2491
Team-BHP Support

Done with first half of Dhoom3. A visual treat in IMAX format. Sadly- Jai and Ali are pathetic in this one as well. But aamir and Katrina compensates.

However, leave your brains at home. Just enjoy the scenes and action. Don't think!
Old 20th December 2013, 19:56   #2492
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

lol.. I watched it too.. initially was feeling pathetic watching the movie, but got involved in the later part.. overall, it was OK (compared to the feeling at the beginning). Was feeling Hritik should've been there, but at the end felt that Aamir did justice to the role.
Old 21st December 2013, 04:53   #2493
Senior - BHPian

Watched Dhoom 3; didn't like it at all! Aamir felt like a miscast in the first half but was good in the post interval scenes. I could guess the so called interval twist in the very first scene itself; had seen the same in another movie. Abhishek and Uday Chopra were wasted. Katrina doesnt have anything to do. Dhoom 1 & 2 had more bikes and stunts but this one just looked like an Ad of the two BMW bikes. Disappointed.

My Rating- 4/10.
Old 21st December 2013, 08:12   #2494
Distinguished - BHPian

I didn't find it that bad. The story was more dramatic this time than action oriented. It is Aamir's movie all the way. Abhishek and uday are wasted, not that I am complaining. But Katrina has hardly got any role. All she does is the songs and probably 5 dialogues. Not at all integrated in the story line.
Biggest downer in this movie are the songs. Not a single track is catchy. Highly unlikely of the dhoom franchise and yash raj banner.
Still can watch the movie.

Rating : 3 on 5.
Old 22nd December 2013, 00:11   #2495
Team-BHP Support

Dhoom 3 - 0/10

Pathetic! We called it quits and walked out during the interval. Absolutely terrible stunt sequences, rubbish story, songs were a waste. Found no point in wasting time anymore so we walked out. Remotely comes close to John Abraham's Dhoom which still remains a classic. I hope the franchise dies with this sequel.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd December 2013 at 00:13.
Old 22nd December 2013, 18:49   #2496
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched Dhoom 3 today. Found it average. Abhishek only has 1 expression throughout the movie. What can i say about Uday Chopra, he has announced his retirement from acting thankfully- what a legend.
The film is only about repetitive bike chases. The makers should have concentrated on a smart well executed bank robbery instead.
This is an Aamir Khan film all the way with him dominating the screen time. He does a decent enough job. How i wish Katrina who happens to be my personal favorite had more screen time in the movie. She really sent the temperatures soaring in her introductory 'Kamli Kamli' song!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Ad of the two BMW bikes. Disappointed.
Did anybody notice the modified fake yellow S1000RR in some frames during Uday/Abhishek's scene?
Old 22nd December 2013, 18:52   #2497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post

Did anybody notice the modified fake yellow S1000RR in some frames during Uday/Abhishek's scene?
Yes; That's a Yamaha R15.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hindi Movies Thread-dhoom3trailerbikes21.jpg  

Last edited by Anand123 : 22nd December 2013 at 18:54.
Old 22nd December 2013, 19:39   #2498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I didn't find it that bad. The story was more dramatic this time than action oriented. It is Aamir's movie all the way. Abhishek and uday are wasted, not that I am complaining. But Katrina has hardly got any role. All she does is the songs and probably 5 dialogues. Not at all integrated in the story line.
Biggest downer in this movie are the songs. Not a single track is catchy. Highly unlikely of the dhoom franchise and yash raj banner.
Still can watch the movie.

Rating : 3 on 5.
Hello there,

+1 to your comment.

I found the movie engaging.

A well made, slick movie.

Must watch one time.

Last edited by skdking : 22nd December 2013 at 19:40.
Old 22nd December 2013, 19:41   #2499
Senior - BHPian

Saw dhoom 3, well I wasted my 500 bucks, not at all worth your time. Senseless, story, idiotic music. I was feeling as if some children gathered together to make this movie. Seriously, the 1 and 2 were far far far better then this, I was seriously very disappointed. Please give it a skip.
Old 22nd December 2013, 19:44   #2500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Saw dhoom 3, well I wasted my 500 bucks, not at all worth your time. Senseless, story, idiotic music. I was feeling as if some children gathered together to make this movie. Seriously, the 1 and 2 were far far far better then this, I was seriously very disappointed. Please give it a skip.
May be I liked it more because I wasted only 200 bucks and too for recliner seats!
Old 22nd December 2013, 19:49   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
May be I liked it more because I wasted only 200 bucks and too for recliner seats!
120/- in my case.

Guess that is why I enjoyed it even more.
Old 22nd December 2013, 19:50   #2502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
!

Here's a picture of the R15 with the S1000RR (covered)

The Hindi Movies Thread-img20131221wa0000.jpg
Old 22nd December 2013, 19:51   #2503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I got second row from front that too after spending 500 bucks, so you can understand my frustration :/

One of the benefit of small town ( no offence meant to others, just pulling his leg) , recliners for 200 bucks.
Old 23rd December 2013, 12:12   #2504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Dhoom 3 - 0/10

Pathetic! We called it quits and walked out during the interval. Absolutely terrible stunt sequences, rubbish story, songs were a waste. Found no point in wasting time anymore so we walked out. Remotely comes close to John Abraham's Dhoom which still remains a classic. I hope the franchise dies with this sequel.
Absolutely. I would have left the theater except for my daughter and in-laws who seemed to be enjoying it : Action scenes are more like jokes, with people laughing in theater, flying auto rickshaws, James Bond styled bikes which can fly, swim, ride on a tight rope and go underwater... The worst Aamir Khan movie ever seen. Not sure if he really felt satisfied after seeing the final product. The only saving grace was some decent camera work covering Chicago pretty well.
Old 23rd December 2013, 14:04   #2505
BHPian

Had been to D3 and couldn’t help sharing my review.

Doomed would be the word. D3 is clearly not in the league of the Dhoom Franchise where you have a handsome thief with strong penchant to steal money or else, backed by a stiff faced angry supercop. Instead its overloaded with strong dose of melodrama with a confusing script relying on unwanted twists of a same Bollywood “vengeful revenge”

The perfectionist “Amir” did work hard to get some toned looks, tap dance moves, trapeze acts right and he also rides bike himself in some scenes which is quite commendable.

Katrina’s role is sweet and short but she burns the floor with her intro “striptease” scene with some amazing hot-dance-body moves. Kudos to Vaibhavi Merchant !! Except for that her role in the film is utter nonsense.

Jr Bacchan is angry as always and Uday chopra as taporier as ever.

For me it was a disappointment but “ To everyone his own” so watch this as a standalone movie and not putting in the league of Dhoom movies . You may like it . !!! So go watch it.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2013 at 20:09. Reason: removing spoilers :)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks