Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2013, 13:33   #2521
Senior - BHPian

Am I glad I didn't watched this in theatre. Worst movie of Aamir till date. How he agreed to such lame copied script is beyond me.
This movie affirms my decision of not watching bollywood movies.
RATING - 1/10 (1 FOR kat)
Old 28th December 2013, 21:01   #2522
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

I am no big fan of Hindi movies. Had to take family and hence landed up going to INOX.

Watched Dhoom3 yesterday. What do I comment? When will Bollywood grow/wake up. However the fact remains that it is reaching 300 Cr. talks about the mindset an average Indian has.

AB is the biggest looser on this planet. He should just disappear. I thought Uday was funny and tolerable. Finally talking about Aamir, well his acting was good as usual however no clue why he was roped in. This movie is garnering 300 Cr. only because of this guy.

My 2 cents to AB is RETIRE from films and make yourself useful

Last edited by sumathindra : 28th December 2013 at 21:01. Reason: edits
Old 29th December 2013, 14:57   #2523
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I am no big fan of Hindi movies. Had to take family and hence landed up going to INOX. Watched Dhoom3 yesterday. What do I comment? When will Bollywood grow/wake up. However the fact remains that it is reaching 300 Cr. talks about the mindset an average Indian has. AB is the biggest looser on this planet. He should just disappear. I thought Uday was funny and tolerable. Finally talking about Aamir, well his acting was good as usual however no clue why he was roped in. This movie is garnering 300 Cr. only because of this guy. My 2 cents to AB is RETIRE from films and make yourself useful
This AB... Is the senior or junior wallah?

I like the senior. Cant stand the junior nor his nasty catty pretentious other half.
Old 29th December 2013, 17:29   #2524
BHPian

>>>

Does anyone have links to, or a copy of 27 Down?
Also Uski Roti.

Regards
Old 29th December 2013, 17:48   #2525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This AB... Is the senior or junior wallah?

I like the senior. Cant stand the junior nor his nasty catty pretentious other half.
You are not alone.

And Dhoom 3 proves that money is never enough.
I seriously cannot think of any reason for Amir to do this kind of movie.
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:24   #2526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I read Aamir Khan's interview. This is what he had to say:
Quote:
In Dhoom 3 we did not show a single robbery as the film was about the chase that follows and the emotional equation of the two brothers. There are many tender moments involving Samar’s insecurity and his fear of losing Aliya. For me that emotion is Dhoom 3. And the moving story of the two brothers is what I bought into as an actor.
Old 4th January 2014, 00:49   #2527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
You are not alone.

And Dhoom 3 proves that money is never enough.
Reasons i think Aamir did the movie-
He liked the script and haven't seen The Prestige.
YRF banner.
Moolah
And most important someone told him this is Uday chopra's last film as an actor and he wanted to make sure of it.
Old 4th January 2014, 14:30   #2528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
And most important someone told him this is Uday chopra's last film as an actor and he wanted to make sure of it.
On the contrary he probably helped make the case for another couple of UC films stronger .. phew
Old 7th January 2014, 13:29   #2529
BHPian

Looks like 2013's hit formula for bollywood was:

Make the movie to be completely bereft of logic, plot, have reallllyyyy bad acting, and basically make anyone with half a brain facepalm throughout the movie. In other words, make a s**t movie, and people will come.

Sadly, we have the success stories to prove that theory right (and I had the misfortune to actually see some of them in theatres):

1. Dhoom 3: Aamir Khan's worst film. EVER.

2. Chennai Express: A parody in bad taste of South India. And people actually COMPLEMENT Deepika's rubbish accent and dialogue?

3. Kkrish 3: Imagine X-Men. Now imagine it being made by a 2 year old drunk. I was forced to kill some brain cells because of my cousins.

These are the HIGHEST grossing Bollywood movies of 2013. I guess I now know the type of audience which watches them (and which forces us to tag along).
Old 7th January 2014, 13:43   #2530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Looks like 2013's hit formula for bollywood was:

Make the movie to be completely bereft of logic, plot, have reallllyyyy bad acting, and basically make anyone with half a brain facepalm throughout the movie. In other words, make a s**t movie, and people will come.

Sadly, we have the success stories to prove that theory right (and I had the misfortune to actually see some of them in theatres):

1. Dhoom 3: Aamir Khan's worst film. EVER.

2. Chennai Express: A parody in bad taste of South India. And people actually COMPLEMENT Deepika's rubbish accent and dialogue?

3. Kkrish 3: Imagine X-Men. Now imagine it being made by a 2 year old drunk. I was forced to kill some brain cells because of my cousins.

These are the HIGHEST grossing Bollywood movies of 2013. I guess I now know the type of audience which watches them (and which forces us to tag along).
After watching all three, we, a group of 11 people ranging from 14 years (the youngest) to 71 years(younger still) went to see the 3D version of Sholay in Fun Cinemas, Ranchi. What a refreshing change that was.
Old 9th January 2014, 16:52   #2531
Team-BHP Support

All round praise for Dedh Ishqiya, looks like this will be a good one.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/entert...1-1170958.aspx

Heck, I cannot recall anything from Ishqiya - will have to revise it beforehand
Old 9th January 2014, 17:17   #2532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
All round praise for Dedh Ishqiya, looks like this will be a good one.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/entert...1-1170958.aspx

Heck, I cannot recall anything from Ishqiya - will have to revise it beforehand
So this is where Mr warsi has spent all his effort.
I made the mistake of watching Joe b carvalho thinking that it would be the underdog of the year, what with such intrinsically funny actors.
But it ranks right alongside Jimmy in badness.
When it comes on the telly, I would advise you to throw your TV out the window.

Joe B carvalho.
0/5
Old 12th January 2014, 18:53   #2533
Senior - BHPian

Dear All, Watched Yaariyan in the afternoon today at a nearby multiplex in Noida. I must admit that the story-line is excellent with good performance by Gulshan Grover and Dipti Naval ji. The story is about 6 friends who are Jia, Saloni, Lakshya, Neel and Pardy along with Debu (friend of Lakshya). The movie is full of youthful moments and emotional moments for viewers like me.

The story deals with number of issues like Leadership, True Friendship etc. As for the music I only liked one song i.e Allah Waariyan which is a heart touching song with beautiful screenplay and lyrics. This song has a number of scenes which surely will leave you in tears. Hence, from my end this movie is rated as 4/5.

Requesting the members to go and watch it for understanding the meaning of loosing a dear friend and the pain of a mother.

thanks

AD
Old 12th January 2014, 23:35   #2534
Distinguished - BHPian

Had the misfortune of watching yaariyan today. It's the only movie till date, in over 100 or more that I have watched on the big screen, where I walked out before the interval. It will make you numb. I have no idea what the director was doing and why didn't the producer give away money in charity instead. Please avoid at all cost. The director should be banned from making movies again ever. Please spare us the trauma.

Rating : 0/5 & trust me I am being generous here.
Old 13th January 2014, 02:31   #2535
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Am I glad I didn't watched this in theatre.
I'm glad I watched it in theatre, that too in INOX format. The engine note from the BMWs were a delight and giving me goosebumps.

Film was average though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks