Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2014, 20:01   #2611
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
But this one, oh boy!!
It should be a cult movie as well!
Of course, how can I deny Jaani Dushman its cult status .
The remarkable thing about it though is the fact that it managed to draw a lot of A-listers of its day.
Old 10th June 2014, 22:21   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
...Jaani dushman - ek anokhi kahani....
This is one crazy CRAZY movie! My friend even did a review on it :

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
In that case you have not heard of 'Gunda'. This movie takes all the oscars in the 'So bad its good' category. Comical dialogues, farcical plot, rock bottom production values and even lower moral standing (depiction of women), this movie has it all.
lol and on this movie too!
Old 12th June 2014, 13:02   #2613
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Yougistaan yesterday. The story sets itself up as an interesting plot, which then later is completely washed out with poor direction and the movie loses its plot completely. By the time it finishes abruptly, you are bound to ask yourself - 'what was that?'
In fewer words, it could have been a good plot & interesting movie if the writing was not snoozy in the second half, and if the direction had been better.

I would rate it as 2/5. One 'sangmarmar' song is good though.
Old 14th June 2014, 11:55   #2614
Distinguished - BHPian

And on my dear BHPians recommendation, I watched the most discussed movie off-late in this thread: *~* Jaani Dushman - Ek Anokhi Kahani.*~*

What can I say, I am speechless. How do I review this movie...my knowledge of English (or hindi or any other language I know for that matter) feels so inadequate to explain it.

There were times when we were laughing out lungs out in most serious scenes including some during the climax...esp. those involving the singing sensation, Sonu Nigam. You have to watch the movie to see his expressions and dialogue delivery. Even in the climax, when his elder brother on reel, Sunny Deol is being killed, you need to hear his howls in the background when he is struggling with that 'thing' who was actually a snake.

About rating, simply 'unratable'. But recommended. Go, take a leave from work and watch it.
Old 14th June 2014, 12:14   #2615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
And on my dear BHPians recommendation, I watched the most discussed movie off-late in this thread: *~* Jaani Dushman - Ek -------------snip--------ut recommended. Go, take a leave from work and watch it.
May I recommend, for your viewing pleasure, another masterpiece?
Jimmy.
I saw it in a theatre on the second day. Despite pathetic reviews, I went, and was joined by 3 other people in the hall. Total five people watching it, on the second day.
Mithun meets Rambo meets Michael Jackson.
Hilarity ensued.
Old 14th June 2014, 13:20   #2616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
May I recommend, for your viewing pleasure, another masterpiece?
Jimmy.
I saw it in a theatre on the second day. Despite pathetic reviews, I went, and was joined by 3 other people in the hall. Total five people watching it, on the second day.
Mithun meets Rambo meets Michael Jackson.
Hilarity ensued.
First I need to fade off the disgust of the previous viewing. My wife, throughout the movie kept asking "Who recommended you this movie??"

But sure, will give 'Jimmy' a 'shot' too! It is a simply very different kind of genre of movies that we are talking here!!

Last edited by saket77 : 14th June 2014 at 13:23.
Old 14th June 2014, 13:40   #2617
Senior - BHPian

I usually don't post in this thread, but keep watching any damn bollywood that is released in the market.
So, I downloaded this movie titled "The Great Indian Butterfly".
I watched and watched and watched for something to happen. And nothing just happened.
A fighting couple goes on a road trip and keeps on discussing crap stuff about life.
In the end they patch up and all is well. Oh, and in between some foreigner keeps giving some gyaan about life.

And ohh, how did I forget. I finally watched "Gangs of Wasseypur 2".
Ultimate laughter riot with the dialogues and scenes.
Lovely down-to-earth movie which may connect some people with the ground reality of some of the states of India.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 14th June 2014 at 13:42.
Old 14th June 2014, 13:51   #2618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I usually don't post in this thread, but keep watching any damn bollywood that is released in the market.
So, I downloaded this movie titled "The Great Indian Butterfly".
I watched and watched and watched for something to happen. And nothing just happened.
A fighting couple goes on a road trip and keeps on discussing crap stuff about life.
In the end they patch up and all is well. Oh, and in between some foreigner keeps giving some gyaan about life.
The plot sounds very similar to another movie that I watched - Tere Mere Phere. It is about a newly wedded couple out on a road trip in Himachal for their honeymoon. Quite watchable for once I would say it was. Like 3/5
Old 14th June 2014, 14:23   #2619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
The plot sounds very similar to another movie that I watched - Tere Mere Phere. It is about a newly wedded couple out on a road trip in Himachal for their honeymoon. Quite watchable for once I would say it was. Like 3/5
Tere Mere Phere - That name sounds familier. I may have watched it too.

Nevertheless, I would say 'The Great Indian Butterfly' is not watchable, not even once.
Sandhya Mridul and Aamir Bashir were wasted to the core.
Aamir Bashir was so good in A Wednesday, but in this movie, sic sic.
And Sandhya looks horrendous in the movie.

Please do not waste 700 MB of your internet package. The movie is not even that worth.
Old 14th June 2014, 15:02   #2620
Team-BHP Support

Watched D-Day yesterday. Fantastic movie with some great performances. Did it have a good run in the box-office?
Old 17th June 2014, 16:46   #2621
Distinguished - BHPian

My movie watching has reduced considerbly. Hence, my appearance on this thread after a long time

Recently watched "Holiday" starring Akshay and Sonakshi Sinha which has a tamil version directed by same director

I was suprised at the movie. It turned out to be a pleasantly gripping tale and decent masala entertainer.

Story of a army man in town for a holiday and how he takes upon himself to eradicate the sleeper cells of terrorists

Akshay was phenomenal in his acting and stunts and looked quite nice too. However he seemed too cocky all through the movie as if the terrorists were some local alley goons. Didnt gell that part too well

Sonakshi Sinha getting typecasted in same village belle type of role but, in city avataar. She cannot act to save herself. Sigh! Golden spoon working

Overall, a good entertainer and worth watching

3.5/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th June 2014 at 17:03. Reason: corrected the name
Old 17th June 2014, 16:59   #2622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Recently watched "Solider" starring Akshay and Sonakshi Sinha which is a copy from Tamil movie
Movie name is "Holiday" and you cannot call it a copy. Its directed my the same guy who did Tamil version.
Old 17th June 2014, 17:04   #2623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Movie name is "Holiday" and you cannot call it a copy. Its directed my the same guy who did Tamil version.
Thanks. That army thing stuck in my head. hence,the name solider. Corrected it
Old 22nd June 2014, 15:50   #2624
BHPian

Watched Humshakals today.

My rating 1/5 :
Best avoided. I dunno if his gal-pal Jacqueline affected him this much, but Sajid Khan's movie making is down in the basement. They call it comedy, but it is worse than "leave-your-brains-at-home" type comedies like House Full or Kya Cool Hai Hum.

Songs are decent, some are interestingly funny lyrics :
"hum hi haddi , hum hi kabab hai,
hum pagal nahi , humara dimag kharab hai"

Watch only if you are infatuated with one or more of the ladies ( Tamanna Bhatia , Esha Gupta , Bipasha Basu ), who're looking rather good and wearing shorty shorts/skirts in every scene they're in.

My take on the movie :
yeh cocktail hai jissme na daru na sharab hai,
dekhna tab hi agar tumhara dimag kharab hai
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:43   #2625
BHPian

Farah Khan and Sajid Khan are going toe to toe on who takes the crown for "Leave your brains at home". Its time to leave your wallet at home I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks