Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2016, 17:30   #2926
Oxy
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Just incase people didn't know, Angad Bedi (of PINK fame) is the son of former Indian cricketer Bishan Singh Bedi. The guy has a bright future as an actor.
Old 10th October 2016, 09:38   #2927
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "MS Dhoni-Untold Story"

It was a very nice watch and enjoyed it even though it was quite a long movie !!

This movie felt like it was bank-rolled by MS Dhoni himself as it just focused just on his greatness and how he came up in life and also like others said he becoming a captain was quite abrupt

I especially loved his Ranchi life which was so beautifully depicted and also special mention to the moments between him and his Railways Boss (AK Ganguly), it was really a beautiful mix of humor and emotions

Also how he met his wife Sakshi was depicted incorrectly but, loved the way they showed in this movie. This is how a romantic connection happens in real life too and you get hooked for life.

Sushant Rajput Singh (Seeing him from his TV days and dont like him much) but, he played the role of MS Dhoni quite flawlessly and ably supported by the entire star cast

Neeraj Pandey movie's are becoming increasingly high quality and hope he continues to make such good movies in future too

They could have easily made the movie lot more crisper if they did away footage on his romantic angle

3.5/5
Old 10th October 2016, 09:51   #2928
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I absolutely loved M S Dhoni - The Untold Story. I am born and brought up in Ranchi and have played cricket in various levels in the Under-19 category as well as represented my school in various tournaments across India.

I have known M S Dhoni personally ever since he was a senior at our cricket coaching camp, we used to play at the same ground shown in the movie. The character, Chotu Bhaiya, is a very very close family friend and I have had the privilege to see Dhoni's entire fleet of motorcycles many times except the Confederate Hellcat X132.

Needless to say, the movie made me very nostalgic. At 3 hours plus, it is indeed a little lengthy but it is an absolute classic for even people who do not follow cricket. Like mobike mentioned, Neeraj Pandey has done an exemplary work.

I would rate it 4.5/5, yes its a little on the higher side, for the emotional attachment I have with the characters shown in the movie.
Old 2nd November 2016, 22:13   #2929
Senior - BHPian

So, nobody watched Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and cared enough about the movie to put their thoughts here?
Well, I'll go first. Saw the movie last Friday with high hopes and I think that's where my fault lies. It was wrong of me to have any expectations from the movie even though it starred, in my opinion, two of the most talented actors in commercial cinema. That was not my only fault. I also totally failed to relate to the characters or their emotions.
Having said that, the movie did have some memorable sequences, two if I remember correctly. One with Lisa Haydon and the other Channa Mereya song.
But thats just me. What about you good folks?
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:30   #2930
Distinguished - BHPian

I watched Ae Dil Hai Mushkil over the weekend. I will try to highlight the +ves and the -ves.

+ Ranbir and Anushka have done a job i.e. acting.
+ Music was good

- Aishwarya had no role in the movie. She was just another supporting actor, something like Mandira Bedi in DDLJ. I don't know why she took up the movie
- Fawad Khan was another supporting actor in the movie with insignificant role
- Ranbir Kapoor is playing stereotype roles of a heartbroken unstable individual (Rockstar, Tamasha, ADHM). While he is good at acting, he needs to move it

Overall - 2/5. The movie can be ignored for now and can be watched later over television (I am sure it will come to the television in a month).

OT: Do anyone of you feel that ADHM and Shivaay was inflating their revenues to show-off/compete with each other? I have been getting Buy 1 Get 1 ticket offers/100 or 125 or 150 INR. off on tickets for these 2 movies since the day they were released. And the last day for these offers keeps on getting extended. For the free movie ticket I got for ADHM, who is going to foot the bill (I booked through BookMyShow)?
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:13   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have been getting Buy 1 Get 1 ticket offers/100 or 125 or 150 INR. off on tickets for these 2 movies since the day they were released. And the last day for these offers keeps on getting extended. For the free movie ticket I got for ADHM, who is going to foot the bill (I booked through BookMyShow)?
BookMyShow has a ton of offers as can be seen from their website. Some of these are a few ₹ off, but customers of certain banks get tickets Buy 1, Get 1 free throughout the year. Obviously in the latter case, the bank and perhaps the theater foot the bill, which makes one wonder exactly how much margin the cinema business is running on.

What you got was their Diwali offer which could have been used for any movie, not just the two movies you mention, it could have been used for Inferno or one of the vernacular super hits.
Old 3rd November 2016, 15:03   #2932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
For the free movie ticket I got for ADHM, who is going to foot the bill (I booked through BookMyShow)?
The offers from BookMyShow is in response to PayTM's movie ticket booking option. It has got nothing to do with movies, but competition
Old 3rd November 2016, 15:18   #2933
Senior - BHPian

For those who want to watch Shivaay, my advice : Dont.
I too went only to avail of a big discount, but in the end, even the half price wasnt worth it. Its too long, with sloppy direction, predictable storyline, and felt like Taken meeting Rohit Shetty, but without the flair of either.
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:53   #2934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Obviously in the latter case, the bank and perhaps the theater foot the bill, which makes one wonder exactly how much margin the cinema business is running on.
Why would the bank foot the bill? The movie producer probably "foots the bill" in the sense that he gets lower revenue. Theatre owner will be looking at some of those free ticket holders buying some over-priced food from the food counters.
Old 3rd November 2016, 18:28   #2935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Why would the bank foot the bill? The movie producer probably "foots the bill" in the sense that he gets lower revenue. Theatre owner will be looking at some of those free ticket holders buying some over-priced food from the food counters.
I am a Burgundy customer with Axis Bank, so I get up to 4 free "Buy One, Get One Free" tickets every month for ANY movie.

A film producer gains nothing from this as it in no way promotes his/her movie.

What @msdivy mentions seems to be the most likely cause.
Old 3rd November 2016, 23:24   #2936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
A film producer gains nothing from this as it in no way promotes his/her movie.
That is true, but producer cannot decide how theatres price the ticket. For the theatre owner, if the half price ticket (Buy 1, Get 1) gets more people into the theatre, he can hope to sell other services to them. Producer has to live with lower revenue which is why I said he "foots the bill" (or pays the price, indirectly).
Old 12th November 2016, 01:05   #2937
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Posting right after the show, so none of you waste 2 odd hours of your time.

Rock on 2 - What a drab. It's not a patch on the original. I'll give the movie 1.5 / 5 stars. 1 point to see the boys back again, and 0.5 to the movie. I usually never see a movie before checking out its reviews. However, being a BIG fan of Farhan Akhtar (most of his movies are A+) and Rock on (watched it at least 4 times), I blindly went for the first-day-last-show.

The first half of the movie is so slow & crappy that you wonder what's happening?! Things pick up for 30 minutes after the break, but it's all downhill after ward. The story is totally directionless.

Coming to cars, for all the hype with the Tata Hexa's placement in the movie, I recollect seeing it in ONLY ONE SCENE. That too, from the inside. I could tell it's the Hexa because of the tweeter on the A-pillar and the ORVMs. Lots of other Tatas too. One scene actually shows a Tata breaking down . Oh, I can just imagine how the Tata management would've wanted to delete that scene.

The music is a letdown. Except for Jaago, no other track really feels like it's in a movie that has the word 'rock' in its title. I love Farhan, but this junk of a flick is a complete waste of his enormous talent.

The "magik" is lost. Pun intended.

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2016 at 01:07.
Old 12th November 2016, 09:36   #2938
BHPian

Unfortunately watched rock on 2. Gto has nicely summarised , just to add these guys couldn't even show the beauty of Meghalaya .
Sequels are difficult especially when the first part was so great. Entire movie I kept waiting for it to get over. The only good point was to listen to music and original rock on song .
And last but not the least, the songs are equally boring.
A wasted opportunity
Old 13th November 2016, 16:48   #2939
Senior - BHPian

Watched the movie TEEN.

Amitabh surprises with every movie these days. Supporting cast is Nawaz and Vidya - brilliant actors. Good plot though its copied from a Korean (?) movie??

These Bengali film makers really can make some goo dark and thriller movies.

Must watch.

Rating - 4/5
Old 15th November 2016, 09:33   #2940
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Posting right after the show, so none of you waste 2 odd hours of your time. Rock on 2 -
Saw this review as soon as you posted but, I could not skip it as I had already bought the tickets. I completely agree with your views on the movie

Some of my thoughts :

Emotions and tensions created seemed forced and unreal between the 3 friends. Emotions between the Shradda's family seemed plausible

Movie looked more like a promo video of Meghalaya. Even then they could not do proper justice to that beautiful location

Too much time spent on telling a story of their new lives and it was such a slow moving drab storyline that i was waiting for the movie to get over

Songs which are the main stay of this movie were sorely disappointing except the catchy Usha Uthup number. Jagoo was just ok

Shradda Kapoor can't sing to save herself. I personally think Alia Bhat is a better singer. Check her out in "Ikk Kudi" from Udtha Punjab

I like all the actors, Farhan, Purab and Arjun and I think they did a reasonably good job but, the overall magik was missing and hope they do not release a third installment which burdens the audience with their emotional traumas and just gives us pure music

1/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks