Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2023, 12:11   #4201
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Tu jhooti main makkaar - 3.5/5

Just like any other Luv Ranjan movie, this is a fun rom-com. One can't help notice the similarities between the stories of Sonu ke Titu ki Sweety and this movie. Predictable story, similar setup, characters and even dialogues. Yet, the characters keep entertaining.

Debutant Bassi has done an excellent job throughout and never felt overshadowed by the evergreen Ranbir. The dysfunctional family was a treat to watch and I would have loved a little more screen time of the whole family.

The movie could have lost 20 mins of fat (some of songs, extra scenes, etc). And Shraddha looked like the only fish out of water. Even the support cast have done a better job.

Last edited by ashis89 : 8th March 2023 at 12:24.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 08:27   #4202
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Vadh Netflix
What an excellent watch! Thanks for the recommendation. Saw it last night & loved the performances of Mishra, Gupta and even the idiotic son & local goon. We all know about the daily struggles of those burdened by debt, but this movie presents them in such a realistic manner. And parents with bad kids...gosh, God take care of them!

Agreed with your rating. 4 / 5 stars and a must-watch

GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 13:06   #4203
Senior - BHPian

Pathaan will stream on Prime Video from 22nd March onwards. In Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hindi Movies Thread-frtracwxoaabww.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 11:35   #4204
Distinguished - BHPian

Caught with Uunchai, available on Zee5. Little late as many of you would say.
It is strictly an OK watch. I had more expectations at the beginning but the opening Rajshri productions banner warned me. And my hunch was proved right as the movie progressed.

Honestly, the art of film making has moved long way from the 90s and this production house is still stuck at least 2 decades behind. The story is totally predictable, full of cliche, unnecessary emotions portrayed and the big names were totally wasted. Even the big actors weren't up to the mark as the roles were not meaty enough but they could have been with better story writing. The role of Parineeti should have been ideally gone to a newcomer- though there was no substance in the role.

The concept and premise of the movie was good and I feel that a better film-maker would have done proper justice to the movie. Rating it 2.5/5
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 21:23   #4205
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Pathan. Thankfully for free on Prime.
Glad that I didn’t spend money watching in theatre. This way I only lost time. Else would have lost both time and money.

Every scene is a joke. What do I say. RIP science, logic, physics. Sorry if I have missed any discipline.
Don’t even feel like rating it.

Last edited by saket77 : 23rd March 2023 at 21:25.
saket77 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 21:54   #4206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Glad that I didn’t spend money watching in theatre. This way I only lost time. Else would have lost both time and money.
I started it today and moved on to other movies. Will complete it slowly and maybe, over multiple sittings. That said, this seems to be better than some of the bhai movies.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 23:11   #4207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I started it today and moved on to other movies. Will complete it slowly and maybe, over multiple sittings. That said, this seems to be better than some of the bhai movies.
Brave man you’re! Actually I didn’t watch it entirely. Gave up after 1:40hrs even though I had time to kill time . Probably I didn’t have the background of other bhai movies hence my patience ran out. But honestly, what that hoopla about being the highest grossing Hindi movie ever!
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 23:24   #4208
Distinguished - BHPian

I had tried some of the recent bhai movies and had to give up within 5-10 mins, promising myself never to revisit it. I watched Pathan for whole 20 mins before moving on to another one. I can and will complete it some other day when I am in a mood to digest/ignore it.
Old 24th March 2023, 07:45   #4209
KPR
BANNED

Vadh 4/5. Thanks for recommending it here. There was a small flaw that I had noticed. Neena Gupta when she finished watering Tulasi plant she went anti clockwise round to Tulasi maadam ie., in apradhikshina way. This was quite obvious to me. Or is it right in North Indian culture?
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 08:22   #4210
Senior - BHPian

Kuttey

Streaming: Netflix

I expected a rehashed version of Reservoir Dogs but this turned out to be completely different. Not in the good way actually, atleast not expected from Vishal Bharadwaj movie. Heavy starcast of Arjun Kapoor, Tabu, Naseeruddin Shah, Kumud Mishra etc gone waste in a plot which was predictable right from the beginning. I though the treatment would be something exciting to watch, turned out to be damp squib. Heavy usage of profanities makes it not watchable with kids.

Rating: 2/5

Pathan

Streaming: Amazon Prime

I was very lucky to have not watched this movie in theatres paying illogical amounts. The film was forced to be watched by family, hence didnt not expect anything spectacular from the movie and was saved. The movie suffers from zero plot, zero performances (although John Abraham with his trademark smirk shines a bit for not hamming), comic scenes at wrong times and unnecessary use of VFX and lot more. There was nothing in the movie to earn in 3 figures crores.

Rating: 1.5/5
ghodlur is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 13:27   #4211
Senior - BHPian

I also wanted to see Pathan movie, never thought of it being cinema hall worthy.

Very pathetic movie it is. Couldn't tolerate it beyond 25 mins, wonder how this has become all time super hit.

There are rumours that the box office numbers are all inflated. Don't know what the truth is.

RRR kept me glued to the seats till end.
Old 24th March 2023, 15:24   #4212
Senior - BHPian

Watched Pathaan on Gudi Padwa as I had an off, was home alone and super bored. Movie was a khichdi of a few Hollywood spy thrillers. VFX / CGI seemed fake, should have worked with super hero movie.

As for Box Office revenue, Does sale of this counts ??
Attached Thumbnails
The Hindi Movies Thread-38d80bcb5dfd42c1bd56279e4ee99c98.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 12:33   #4213

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Pathaan will stream on Prime Video from 22nd March onwards. In Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
This movie is a total rip off of Mission Impossible Rouge Nation & Fallout, was amazed how Hindi film industry just does not have original stories to tell, they either copy from down south or from Abroad.

Sucks to be a hindi film fan right now. Indie movies with great storylines or concepts just do not get the attention.

pathan is big no from me, All style and no sustance.
Steppenwolf1978 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 13:48   #4214
BHPian

Started watching Pathaan on Amazon Prime on March 22nd and finished it on March 24th. Couldn't dare to watch it in a single sitting and I am glad didn't waste my money going to a multiplex to watch this non sense. Too much use of VFX. They have tried to emulate a Mission Impossible or a Die Hard but can hardly pull off 1 fight scene without VFX. I am wondering how did it earn in excess of 1000 crores??

Rating 1.5/5
sam264_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 14:00   #4215

Following movies I watched over this past week as I was more or less at home looking after dad.

Pathaan

Watched the whole movie. 1.5/5. Poor direction/ poor VFX/ Poor story/ acting. Dont know how it managed 1k crores.

The outlaws

5/5

Watch it. Its one of the best korean cinema has to offer

John Wick 1 to 3

Superb....awesome...mind blowing.

Itefaq

This one was starring Sidharth Malhotra and Akshaye Khanna...... really nice movie. Good pacing. Sonakshi should have been replaced though. Just my personal opinion.
Thekalacoatwala is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed