Team-BHP - The Hindi Movies Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Hindi Movies Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55911-hindi-movies-thread.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 1181677)
A ho-hum movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1182520)
Actually the movie is a satire, but the director has not been able to really potray what he wanted to.

Really - you guys didn't like it? I thought it was a well made movie. This movie won't win the Filmware award for best movie (not even nominated :) ) but it's worth a watch.

The delicate psyche of the common person has been depicted very well - portraying the well meaning but blind faith we humans posses, that is so easily manipulated by unscrouplous elements in the name of religon.

I agree, the monkey part didn't fit in perfectly and it jumbled the climax - and seemed like an after thought.

Atul Kulkarni was in his element as the half-wit Gobar, and so was Divya Dutta - she works great in off-beat roles like this.
P.K. Dubey held his own ground as the inspector.
Rishi Kapoor didn't have a big role but he was great in every scene.
Sonam has improved tremendously since Saawariya - I think she'll do good in understaded roles rather than a full-on glamorous appearance.
Abhishek did what had to do. He wasn't bad at all - compared to what the poor chap had to do in Drona.
Aditi Rao, as the unmarried aunt, was good too.

I don't like Amitabh making teeny special appearances in any movie he can. That kind of ruined it along with the monkey!

And with that I think I've just written my first-ish review (of sorts) in this thread.! :)

Forgot -> good songs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aah78 (Post 1193661)
This movie won't win the Filmware award for best movie (not even nominated :) ) but it's worth a watch.

Its a 2009 movie. Will be competing in the Filmfare awards next year. :D

Loved Delhi 6.
After the absurd Rab ne Bana di and violent Ghazni, this was so refreshing.

Delhi 6-
finally caught it, the movie had a strong theme (capturing all the subtleties of Indian life) but it fell flat for lack of story and the characters were not well developed. i would have expected a story like this from a first time director just out of film school or something, with flying people and Bad CG!

Regarding Delhi-6, i doubt how many non-Delhi people actually know about the Monkey Man. Yes it was for real (the news i mean), and that was something like 7-8 years back.

CNN.com - 'Monkey man' fears rampant in New Delhi - May 16, 2001

The theme of the movie is 'There is a monkey man(read evil) in every one of us, and there is a god in us too. When greed, anger, take over us, the monkey man in us is dominant, and in times of love, compassion, its the god within us.'

I watched Delhi 6 yesterday. Tanveer's review had got me curious about the movie, and my wife wanted to watch it, so I thought I'd take her. I must say I really liked it.

I liked the basic theme, and the way it was pulled off. I think it could maybe have been done in a better way -- the director could not express what he wanted to show as well as he wanted to -- but what the movie turned out to be is indeed good.

This is the very first movie with Abhishek Bachchan I've watched (yep, I don't watch that much of Bollywood), so I don't know if he really brought something to this movie that nobody else could. Sonam Kapoor (I hope I got her name right) was nice to look at :D and I think she acted quite well. Some characters were developed well, but some were not. Om Puri's character needed a bit more fleshing out, I felt (I barely remember what he really stood for, except being the 'father of the girl'). On the other hand, the Electrician-uncle (don't know his name), Gobar and the Inspector were well developed.

I think some of the ending was a bit unnecessarily dramatised and I'd have actually liked the movie to have ended the way it looked it was going to end, in the last few minutes. Can't say more without spoiling it for those who haven't watched it yet.

It was a really refreshing change, after Ghajini, the last Bollywood movie I'd watched. I hope they make more movies like Delhi 6.

Watched Delhi 6 last night & IMHO this is the worst film by Rakeysh Mehra. No this one isnt that bad just that the earlier ones were much better(including AKS).

The movie starts on a very casual note & suddenly in 2nd half the director realizes that he is past the interval & he needs to send a message across YAWN.

The chemistry between Abhishek & Sonam was a forced one, may be a catalyst would have helped.

The issue shown was much better handled in Bombay, this one looks all too artificial. The direction storyline would have been great if it was a staged drama.

All the good songs that I loved while listening, look so dull in the movie.

Sonam & Rishi Kapoor bring some charm to the movie rest are all ok but its not their fault.

1.5/5

Totally agreed with Techocrat. Thought to chill out in some cold place. So me and my wifey decided to catch up with Delhi 6. Already I had nice lunch, at a good restaurant, and i was full to the core. This movie starts, and within half an hour, the movie, the A/C and the silence around , made me took a nap for 1 and 1/2 hour. I woke up, when my wifey poked me for popcorns ;)

The 1/2 hour movie was so drag, that didnt even regret sleeping. (Good I didnt snore)
Abhishek is good, and trying to put up his american accent. Also I know I dont have much knowledge about movie editing and mixing, but can sure tell you that Abhishek was not clear throughout the whole movie.. Overall bad mixing.

The chemistry between Abhishek and Sonam is dry.
And didnt understand, why are they behind that Kala Bandar.. all the time and promoting raam leela.

My Rating 1/5

'Coolie No. 1' is airing on Star Gold right now. A true Govinda classic comic caper. Govinda movies rocked in those times. Wonder what happened now?

Govinda became a Neta and forgot to act:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 1199156)
TiVo is nothing but a DVR bro :) .
edit : TiVo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia here is a link for u

Thanks mate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1199360)
'Coolie No. 1' is airing on Star Gold right now. A true Govinda classic comic caper. Govinda movies rocked in those times. Wonder what happened now?

I used to simply love Govinda movies. His and Kader Khan combination is unbeatable. Now, possibly one of the same can be replaced by Paresh Rawal

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1199386)
Govinda became a Neta and forgot to act:D

Not really, since not too many movies released after he joined politics. He was fairly good in Partner though. That scene was hilarious where Salman is teaching him how to do dance sophisticatedlylol:

Dev-D is a nice movie.watched.

13B:

6 Stars out of 5. Go watch the spookiest Hindi movie ever. Will not say anything else, but the movie is so good that I suspect its a frame by frame copy of some hollywood flick.

PS: Donot read the reviews. If at all you do, please do not pay attention to the Rediff review. Instead, read the reader comments below the review. they give the real idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1203039)
13B:

6 Stars out of 5. Go watch the spookiest Hindi movie ever. Will not say anything else, but the movie is so good that I suspect its a frame by frame copy of some hollywood flick.

PS: Donot read the reviews. If at all you do, please do not pay attention to the Rediff review. Instead, read the reader comments below the review. they give the real idea.

***?! I'd give a -50/5 lol:

Or my sarcasm meter is broken?

No Pranav, I actually meant it. The six stars are in comparison to any other Hindi horror movie that I have seen.

You actually didn't like it ?