Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2012, 09:10   #196
BHPian

re: Health insurance queries? Ask me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
FYI...
My friend has a Apollo Munich insurance, he paid around 28K for his whole family. Its little funny to see that the Maternity are paid only 25K and that to of waiting period of 4. That means you need to wait for 4 yrs to get the money, don't know what will be the value of the 25K that time. So if you are expecting a Kid please stay away.
We have to appreciate that maternity is considered a physiological process wherein everyone in their reproductive years would go for a delivery in their lifetime so that is an expense they would invariably have to meet. Hence the 4 year waiting period from the underwriting perspective.

From a user perspective - just like a career - a long drive - or finances - health insurance cover which is strategically planned comes to good advantage.

All that we need to do is procure a policy when we get married and although we would be deprived of the expenses being covered from day 1 - they invariably cover the second delivery - which would probably happen after the wait period
Old 4th February 2012, 09:14   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Could someone please point me to a national insurance agent in Bangalore East (Banaswadi, KRPuram, etc)? am looking at taking medical insurance for my family.

Thanks!
If I understand correctly - you are located in south so the most efficient TPA or third party administrator with good presence is TTK Healthcare. Do not go by the Insurance Company name - rather opt for one which is linked to a good TPA or alternatively you could opt for Star Health Insurance - which is South India based and is very prompt in settling claims - also their products are more innovative

Old 4th February 2012, 09:26   #198
BHPian

i Was looking for a health insurance for my parents who are 65 and 61 years of age. Most of the companies do not cover people above 60 years of age. Some like max bupa are asking for almost 80k as premium for a 5lakh cover and that too with a lot of riders. Awaiting suggestions. Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 09:44   #199
Senior - BHPian

I heard an advt on FM about 'health insurance portability', just like MNP of the mobile phone. Does it mean, I can carry over my insurance to any other co. with all benefits that I have accrued with the present package, including the 'no claim bonus'? Will it hold good for the New India Assurance plan clubbed with my Citibank Credit Card?

Last edited by Durango Dude : 4th February 2012 at 09:46.
Old 4th February 2012, 09:53   #200
BHPian

Guys and Experts,
Need some help.
My parents are 62 and 58 years old. Planning to buy a single policy covering both of them. Father has high B.P some times and mother is newly developing a back ache. Hence Pls suggest me a plan where in I can cover the existing illness too. Luckily, both are staying with me now. My company provides some insurance but is restricted to few particular illness only.

I am looking at a cash less policy if possilble.

Pls suggest. I am compeltely a novice in this field. Tried to search the net, but got further confused with the jargon and no.of plans they offer.

Regards,
Maverick79

Last edited by Maverick79 : 4th February 2012 at 10:22.
Old 4th February 2012, 10:41   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
My parents are 62 and 58 years old. Planning to buy a single policy covering both of them.
I really doubt that any insurance provider would provide a mediclaim policy for your parents (at this age).

You should buy a group mediclaim policy (family floater plan) with you as the primary policy holder and include your parents, spouse and children in the plan.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 10:59   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I really doubt that any insurance provider would provide a mediclaim policy for your parents (at this age).

You should buy a group mediclaim policy (family floater plan) with you as the primary policy holder and include your parents, spouse and children in the plan.

Rohan
Thank you Rohan. But will any of the Family floater plans cover my parents too? Pls share if you know any such plan.
Old 4th February 2012, 11:16   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Rohan. But will any of the Family floater plans cover my parents too? Pls share if you know any such plan.
Yes, the family floater plans allow you to cover your parents in the group mediclaim policy.

I have taken SyndArogya mediclaim policy from United India Insurance. This policy is exclusively available to Syndicate Bank customers. Parents, spouse and children of the policy holder are also covered in this policy. No medical check up was required and pre-existing diseases are also covered after 2 years.

Please check the websites of insurance companies and compare similar group mediclaim policies.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 11:17   #204
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My parents are 62 and 58 years old. Planning to buy a single policy covering both of them. Father has high B.P some times and mother is newly developing a back ache. Hence Pls suggest me a plan where in

Regards,
Maverick79
Yes there is a policy by Oriental Insurance Company premium would be high though.
F50 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 11:58   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Yes, the family floater plans allow you to cover your parents in the group mediclaim policy.

I have taken SyndArogya mediclaim policy from United India Insurance. This policy is exclusively available to Syndicate Bank customers. Parents, spouse and children of the policy holder are also covered in this policy. No medical check up was required and pre-existing diseases are also covered after 2 years.

Rohan
Will check the United India Insurance for further details. Thank you Rohan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Yes there is a policy by Oriental Insurance Company premium would be high though.
Thank you F50 will check the site of OIC.
Hope the services are ok. Pls let me know if any body has experiences with these companies' claim procedure and duration.
Old 4th February 2012, 13:09   #206
BHPian

My father aged 76 would be travelling to US very shortly. No company is offering travel insurance. Do I have any options?
Old 4th February 2012, 14:30   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Guys and Experts,
Need some help.
My parents are 62 and 58 years old. Planning to buy a single policy covering both of them. Father has high B.P some times and mother is newly developing a back ache. Hence Pls suggest me a plan where in I can cover the existing illness too. Luckily, both are staying with me now. My company provides some insurance but is restricted to few particular illness only.

Pls suggest. I am compeltely a novice in this field. Tried to search the net, but got further confused with the jargon and no.of plans they offer.

Regards,
Maverick79
Check Star Health, They provide Health insurance for people >60yrs. Here's the link - Senior Citizen Red Carpet

Please PM me if you need the agents Name/Number.

Thanks,
BB/Ash
bond_bhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 15:16   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Guys and Experts,
Need some help.

Regards,
Maverick79
Hi Maverick

That should not be difficult:

1. Go for a Family Floater Policy - which would cover both parents in a stipulated sum assured - for instance if you opt for 5 lacs - this would mean that to a max. of 5 lacs - the amount can be claimed by one or both members put together without any restrictions.

2. All Insurance companies provide you with a card and this card is your ID for availing Cashless facilities at any hospital in India provided it is in the panel list of the provider

3. After 40/45 years of age - depending on the Insurance Company - one would need to have a ECG and Random sugar tested - so Hypertension and Low back ache cannot be detected so if not declared at the time of taking the policy - one would have the cover in place

DRIVEPASSION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 15:32   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION View Post
Hi Maverick

That should not be difficult:

1. Go for a Family Floater Policy - which would cover both parents in a stipulated sum assured - for instance if you opt for 5 lacs - this would mean that to a max. of 5 lacs - the amount can be claimed by one or both members put together without any restrictions.

2. All Insurance companies provide you with a card and this card is your ID for availing Cashless facilities at any hospital in India provided it is in the panel list of the provider

3. After 40/45 years of age - depending on the Insurance Company - one would need to have a ECG and Random sugar tested - so Hypertension and Low back ache cannot be detected so if not declared at the time of taking the policy - one would have the cover in place

Thank you DRIVEPASSION,
After going thru UII, OIC and Star, found Star is covering more types of illness and is asking for least premium. Will further explore.
Old 21st February 2012, 22:30   #210
Senior - BHPian

I have individual health insurance for my family members (Myself, Wife, Mother, 2 kids) from United Health Insurance. All family members are covered for Rs. 2.5 lakhs each and the total annual premium is Rs. 14000. The policy has been active for the last 5 years and I have not made any claim so far.

The agent is advising me to shift to Star health insurance citing cashless settlement issues with United India TPA. My family (Myself, Wife and 2 kids) will go into a family floater plan (5 lakhs coverage for 9k annual premium) where as my mother has to take a separate policy (3 lakhs coverage for 9k) after doing medical tests. The reviews online about star health is not good. I doubt whether he is pushing it for more commision. What do you guys suggest?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks